cheapest way to get to Australia

^^ Mate, is that because they code share with Thai, and you would be flying Thai?

Not telling, just asking.

Going through a travel agent negates the requirement of having to front up the credit card from what I have read.

David and others, I followed up some of the suggestions so far. SCOOT can do a return for about B13,500 each all in. But i'm going to try a travel agent I've used for years to see if they can get near that. I'm always a bit suspicious about the fine print on deals. Have to move quickly now.

David and others, I followed up some of the suggestions so far. SCOOT can do a return for about B13,500 each all in. But i'm going to try a travel agent I've used for years to see if they can get near that. I'm always a bit suspicious about the fine print on deals. Have to move quickly now.

Tim, I've flown that route heaps of times with Scoot.

They are a budget carrier, I've only had one issue that far and if you have to deal with them after the flight ... nothing has bought me closer to screaming, picking up the phone throwing it against the wall.

After about 15 emails, I was on the phone to them for almost 2 hours, at one time, on hold (no-one speaking) waiting for a manager for 30 mins ... 1/2 an hour!

Now ... some tips. Buy the 'Scoot thru' Sg $15 ... means you don't have to pick your luggage off the belt in Singapore and re check-in.

If you are flying into Sydney, the leg from BKK into SYD it's fine, change planes in Singapore ... buy Scoot Thru.

But the return leg SYD - BKK makes you wait 23 hours in Singapore and the flight doesn't connect, so either have a day or two holiday in Singapore or simply buy the SIN - BKK leg with any carrier which flies into Bangkok.

Tiger does and does AirAsia ... I always fly AirAsia as there are mutiple flights.

But, maybe not buy the Scoot Thru for that leg as you can't use it.

Hope that helps a little.

^^ Mate, is that because they code share with Thai, and you would be flying Thai?

Not telling, just asking.

Going through a travel agent negates the requirement of having to front up the credit card from what I have read.

As far as I know Qantas does not code share with Thai Airways

• Like 1