7 day visa extension after cancellation

Hello! I am currently in the process of switching jobs and need some advice. On June 5 my current employer will be cancelling my 1-year business visa at Chaeng Wattana, and they say I need to go with them and bring my passport. For various reasons I'm not able to do a direct transfer of my work permit from my previous employer to my new employer, so my new employer will help me get a new work permit and new visa on June 10/11. My new employer has asked me to get a 7-day extension of my business visa so that I can remain in the country while they begin the process of getting me a new work permit and business visa. They say that I should get this extension while I am at Chaeng Wattana and that my current employer can help me, but I don't really trust my current employer to know what to do. So, does anyone know the process, cost, etc for getting a 7-day extension on the same day that my 1-year visa is cancelled? Many thanks!

When your employement is cancelled you first go to the labour office to cancel your work permit. Next you go to immigraiton to cancel your permission to stay. For both you need a letter from your employer clearly stating the last day of employement.

When your permission to stay is cancelled you apply for an extension of stay for 7 days and pay 1,900 baht for that. You will need a copy of your paspsort and arrival card, as well as a passport photo.

No need for your employer to come along.

I presume youi have an extension of stay and not a valid visa on which you leave the country every 90 days. A visa would not become invalid when you lose your job. Only an extension of stay does.

After your current is extension of stay (it is not a visa) is canceled. You will need a completed TM7 form with attached photo then submit it, pay 1900 baht and then get 7 days to leave the country.