NACC questions officials in Thai rice corruption case

webfact

..and who has oversight of the NACC?

Where we go…Time to denounce the NACC because it does not suit the PTP agenda!!

Yep, that one is on my list as well.

The Thai beauty patent judges, the World bank, Moody's, UNHCR, Human Rights Watch, NACC, the Environmentalists, the corn farmer, rubber farmers, rice farmers, medical association, rural teachers, academics, Supa, global economists, IMF, private banks, GSB, the EC, AoT, the courts, military, bangkok middle class, business owner, state enterprise staff, Buddhist monks, civil servants, labor unions, Green Politics group, Thai Constitution Protection Association, The Thai press, NIDA poll, Bangkok Poll.

Human Rights Watch is not a bona fide human rights organisation. It's another front for those behind the mayhem we have seen in many parts of the world. And I understand there are links with HRW and our old friend Amsterdam who pops up in all of the most likely places! Freedom House, another fraudulent organisation, is also closely linked.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So would I be right then is presuming that the NACC were able to complete an audit of all the warehouses, within the last 10 days, and have indeed found a discrepancy of close to 300 Million tonnes, but had been unable to do this over the past 2 years?

The reason I'm asking is did they not already state that they didn't have the resources or the finances to check over 2-300 warehouses, where the ice was alleged to have gone missing?

And yet, now that the Military are now in power, they were able to indeed are able to present a clear case of missing rice, in the quantities that was allegedly "missing" in the space of 10 days?

They're in the wrong line of work if that's the case, they should be coppers, if this is indeed the case and there's 300M Tonnes missing, then it's quite right that those responsible for it's theft, are punished accordingly.

Extra zero everywhere. Surely the OP says 2.8 million tons?.

Oops my bad!! ohmy.png sorry about that biggrin.png

I know this may sound very wrong, apart from the revenue lost/stolen it's 3 million tonnes less to have to try and shift onto the market, when the market is saturated and the price is very low, the supply is greater than the demand at the moment, and someone is going to have to make a brutal decision as to how they're going to get rid/sell the current stock pile, they're going to have to accept massive loses, and perhaps write off a portion of it.

Is the subsidy scheme now dead, or is there farmers still committed to selling their rice to the Junta? Isn't it madness to keep accepting stock, when they can't shift what they currently have? Would it not be a better idea to subsidise the farmers to STOP production for 12-18 months, to allow the Junta to sell off/destroy their current stock? The Millers are maybe now wringing their hands if the scheme is dead, as it means more business for them, for these guys, this is the silver lining in their cloud, and they know they can basically hold the farmers to ransom and pay them what they want, as in take it or leave it ?

I hope that those responsible for the thefts are rightly punished,

Methinks the rice was not stolen. It didn't exist in the first place. One way of working this scam may have been to sell rice to the Government that did not exist. Easy to do I would have thought!

• Like 2

So would I be right then is presuming that the NACC were able to complete an audit of all the warehouses, within the last 10 days, and have indeed found a discrepancy of close to 300 Million tonnes, but had been unable to do this over the past 2 years?

The reason I'm asking is did they not already state that they didn't have the resources or the finances to check over 2-300 warehouses, where the ice was alleged to have gone missing?

And yet, now that the Military are now in power, they were able to indeed are able to present a clear case of missing rice, in the quantities that was allegedly "missing" in the space of 10 days?

They're in the wrong line of work if that's the case, they should be coppers, if this is indeed the case and there's 300M Tonnes missing, then it's quite right that those responsible for it's theft, are punished accordingly.

Extra zero everywhere. Surely the OP says 2.8 million tons?.

Oops my bad!! ohmy.png sorry about that biggrin.png

I know this may sound very wrong, apart from the revenue lost/stolen it's 3 million tonnes less to have to try and shift onto the market, when the market is saturated and the price is very low, the supply is greater than the demand at the moment, and someone is going to have to make a brutal decision as to how they're going to get rid/sell the current stock pile, they're going to have to accept massive loses, and perhaps write off a portion of it.

Is the subsidy scheme now dead, or is there farmers still committed to selling their rice to the Junta? Isn't it madness to keep accepting stock, when they can't shift what they currently have? Would it not be a better idea to subsidise the farmers to STOP production for 12-18 months, to allow the Junta to sell off/destroy their current stock? The Millers are maybe now wringing their hands if the scheme is dead, as it means more business for them, for these guys, this is the silver lining in their cloud, and they know they can basically hold the farmers to ransom and pay them what they want, as in take it or leave it ?

I hope that those responsible for the thefts are rightly punished,

Fat Haggis: A lotof the rice in stock has not been looked after properly. Also the longer you keep it, the lower the price. I would suggest that the scheme should be abandoned and in its place the junta should commit to a massive irrigation scheme for Isaan: they can divert the excess water that sometimes floods Bangkok etc into an ecological solution for Isaan farmers who often face food poverty because of the lack of water. Also please understand that the rice scheme was not designed to enrich farmers. Thaksin thought that by withdrawing the rice from the world market the world price would increase beyond the 40% increase that the farmers were allegedly receiving. I say allegedly because many farm produce (not just rice) is sold via series of middlemen with cash being siphoned off along the way. Which means farmers get a lot less than the advertised price for their products. Scams are not just confined to rice!

• Like 1

Thanks Ian, this is what I love about TVF, there ARE topics that people can have dialogue with, without wanting to stab each other to death with ice picks!! :D

Not rice picks?

After 10 years here I have managed to avoid performing a Leon Trotsky on anyone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Irrelevant! Let's wait for the evidence the NACC is compiling before we make ANY judgement on whether or not Yingluck has been negligent. Remember, that's what it is all about. Negligence: Did she do enough to stop the losses, potential corruption and mismanagement? Did she act carelessly? There is also nothing wrong with checking the players' assets movements. Or is there? Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 2

2.8 million tons missing!!!

Bet Yingluck is full of love for the Dubai criminal right now.

Probably not missing physically as it wasn't there to start with, just dodgy claims for phantom rice deliveries.

• Like 1

That the rice has been missing has been known for a long time. With the boss running things no one had the courage to stand up. Remember the last woman in the finance department who insisted that the program was generating a loss much larger than being publicly stated. Where did her career go. It went down a long and lonely road. That alone tells you all you need to know.

Actually that's not quite true. Rangsan Sriworasart said that he would also replace Supa as chair of the audit team. He denied Supa was removed, saying that she would still work with him. But that as the permanent secretary, he should be in charge of the audit committee.

So she was kept on despite apparently make a huge mistake with the figures.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/677428-rungson-vows-to-review-rice-scheme-loss/

To be honest it might have been less suspicious if he'd just chucked her out. As it is it makes no sense at all unless you think he was keeping her where he could keep an eye on her.

It's impossible for us to know what the deal is what the inventory was and where-we just get this balouny from the nacc, the NACC is totally unreliable, all of it's agents were appointed by the 2006 coup and wicha machum who heads it an anti-democracy pad/pdrc fascist who said that 'elections are evil' and that 'power must be transfered to the courts'

it has an obvious agenda to use bogus cases to overthrow democratically elected governments and slap political bans on anyone who might win an election.

Yingluck's lawyers stated that this 'missing rice' is a farce and they had evidence to support their claims, but the nacc used bogus 'post audit' accounting and rejected their evidence-or something to that effect.. we have no way of knowing because this country is now a military dictatorship and their is no transparency, we just have to believe whatever the 'independent agency's' tell us

DO you really think that Yingluck had people go into these warehouses with forklifts and then made off with 'millions of tons' of rice which they then 'secretly sold' in 'fake G2G deals' and then they pocketed the money and sent it to dubai or whatever the ridiculous story is.. it's a joke and so is the NaCC.

The reason the rice pledging 'corruption' case exists is to make sure Yingluck doesn't run in the next election, whenever it eventually happens and win, she will win any election by a landslide and that would be an embarrassment to the coup so we have to have this fake corruption case to get rid of her.

Didnt the PTP government and YL make a statement about a week before they were ousted that they were not missing any rice and it was just a clerical error because the missing rice was in government stock. Now the NACC states that their really was 2.8 mill tons missing. Shouldnt the headlines be " another lie by YL and the PTP unfolded in the rice scheme" ?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by pkspeaker

Ah, what partly-informed stupidity. Both sides have been doing this -- and SHOULD have been doing this for the many years they have participated in.

The commodities prices demand that rice be destroyed, or put into silos and made to rot until even pigs can't eat it -- just as wheat is burned in the US under armed guards with automatic weapons every year. Rice has disappeared from Thai stocks every year since Methusala had a way to say Mama. A fairly poor country destroying food is foul. They don't do it. They have no allegiance to Wall Street, and they should not.

It wasn't sold overseas, it wasn't ripped off and sold to some Indian conglomerate -- it was sold to the Thai poor at a very low price so they could continue to live and simultaneously never touched the world market price. It was internalized...and that is smart. farmers are not the majority of the poor, they are just the vocal minority.

DUH. If you really want proof of this -- go the millers, go to the farmers, and start tabulating. In short, you will disappear -- and you should. Not because you uncovered some red or yellow scheme, but because destroying food is, perhaps, the only sin.

Thais have wrestled with the curfew and prison of the commodities market for years, and is why the Great Man has preached a "self-sufficiency economy". That really pisses off Wall Street.

I hope Thai rice "disappears" from the vaults forever. If it's not registered on the market, and everyone gets paid, I don't mind the poor having cheap rice available. Not at all. I like it --I think it's wise.

Screw the commodities market. Enforced starvation deserves no respect at all.

All you nay sayers who think you know what is right -- look at the commodities market. Millions of tons of Indian wheat "disappear" every year. Millions of tons of corn, barley, millet and grains "disappear" every year from almost every country. It isn't being stolen -- it is being taken off the market to feed poor people without affecting the supply-demand driven commodities price per ton. Think, Thais are not stupid, and are not any more evil per thousand people than any other country's denizens. No Thai people of any stripe-- red, yellow, rich, or poor -- are all bastards. Not at all.

Shut up. Stay away from this issue if you have any humanity...

You self-serving, self-involved apostates from the malevolent god of capitalism....(and that pantheon has benevolent gods too, but none of them reside on the commodities market)...

Please, just shut up. The whole idea of rice "disappearing" is absurd. Who bought it? Some foreign government...some shadowy penguins from Antarctica...? No -- Thais bought it and ate it and were glad to live another day.

Say what you want about Thailand, but in general they take care of their own. Not specifically, and many are sidelined, but in general -- they take care of their own. That's one reason I like them.

• Like 1

It's impossible for us to know what the deal is what the inventory was and where-we just get this balouny from the nacc, the NACC is totally unreliable, all of it's agents were appointed by the 2006 coup and wicha machum who heads it an anti-democracy pad/pdrc fascist who said that 'elections are evil' and that 'power must be transfered to the courts'

it has an obvious agenda to use bogus cases to overthrow democratically elected governments and slap political bans on anyone who might win an election.

Yingluck's lawyers stated that this 'missing rice' is a farce and they had evidence to support their claims, but the nacc used bogus 'post audit' accounting and rejected their evidence-or something to that effect.. we have no way of knowing because this country is now a military dictatorship and their is no transparency, we just have to believe whatever the 'independent agency's' tell us

DO you really think that Yingluck had people go into these warehouses with forklifts and then made off with 'millions of tons' of rice which they then 'secretly sold' in 'fake G2G deals' and then they pocketed the money and sent it to dubai or whatever the ridiculous story is.. it's a joke and so is the NaCC.

The reason the rice pledging 'corruption' case exists is to make sure Yingluck doesn't run in the next election, whenever it eventually happens and win, she will win any election by a landslide and that would be an embarrassment to the coup so we have to have this fake corruption case to get rid of her.

Didnt the PTP government and YL make a statement about a week before they were ousted that they were not missing any rice and it was just a clerical error because the missing rice was in government stock. Now the NACC states that their really was 2.8 mill tons missing. Shouldnt the headlines be " another lie by YL and the PTP unfolded in the rice scheme" ?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Buying either non existent rice or cheap rice from over the borders gets money for not much. You will see articles in the respected foreign press.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/10618134/Burmese-smugglers-get-rich-on-Yingluck-Shinawatras-13-billion-Thai-rice-subsidies.html

And shipping rice out the door to China in secret deals as well as selling rice multiple times into the scheme can make you rich.

The net effect of such action would be a massive loss and stockpiles unaccounted for. Surprise, surprise.....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Ah, what partly-informed stupidity. Both sides have been doing this -- and SHOULD have been doing this for the many years they have participated in.

The commodities prices demand that rice be destroyed, or put into silos and made to rot until even pigs can't eat it -- just as wheat is burned in the US under armed guards with automatic weapons every year. Rice has disappeared from Thai stocks every year since Methusala had a way to say Mama. A fairly poor country destroying food is foul. They don't do it. They have no allegiance to Wall Street, and they should not.

It wasn't sold overseas, it wasn't ripped off and sold to some Indian conglomerate -- it was sold to the Thai poor at a very low price so they could continue to live and simultaneously never touched the world market price. It was internalized...and that is smart. farmers are not the majority of the poor, they are just the vocal minority.

DUH. If you really want proof of this -- go the millers, go to the farmers, and start tabulating. In short, you will disappear -- and you should. Not because you uncovered some red or yellow scheme, but because destroying food is, perhaps, the only sin.

Thais have wrestled with the curfew and prison of the commodities market for years, and is why the Great Man has preached a "self-sufficiency economy". That really pisses off Wall Street.

I hope Thai rice "disappears" from the vaults forever. If it's not registered on the market, and everyone gets paid, I don't mind the poor having cheap rice available. Not at all. I like it --I think it's wise.

Screw the commodities market. Enforced starvation deserves no respect at all.

All you nay sayers who think you know what is right -- look at the commodities market. Millions of tons of Indian wheat "disappear" every year. Millions of tons of corn, barley, millet and grains "disappear" every year from almost every country. It isn't being stolen -- it is being taken off the market to feed poor people without affecting the supply-demand driven commodities price per ton. Think, Thais are not stupid, and are not any more evil per thousand people than any other country's denizens. No Thai people of any stripe-- red, yellow, rich, or poor -- are all bastards. Not at all.

Shut up. Stay away from this issue if you have any humanity...

You self-serving, self-involved apostates from the malevolent god of capitalism....(and that pantheon has benevolent gods too, but none of them reside on the commodities market)...

Please, just shut up. The whole idea of rice "disappearing" is absurd. Who bought it? Some foreign government...some shadowy penguins from Antarctica...? No -- Thais bought it and ate it and were glad to live another day.

Say what you want about Thailand, but in general they take care of their own. Not specifically, and many are sidelined, but in general -- they take care of their own. That's one reason I like them.

Eh?

• Like 1

I enjoyed listening to a repected human rights researcher speak, one who has a doctorate and works at a respected Australian University, and you say she's an 'idiot' huh? do you have a doctorate? oh sure and 'she's being paid by Thaksin' I think it's obvious who the idiot is.

Just to see this woman Tyrell Haberkorn talk makes me realise how lucky we are to have the army in place. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-30/how-the-thai-coup-effects-provincial-thailand/5491290 How much is Thaksin paying this idiot?

I enjoyed listening to a repected human rights researcher speak, one who has a doctorate and works at a respected Australian University, and you say she's an 'idiot' huh? do you have a doctorate? oh sure and 'she's being paid by Thaksin' I think it's obvious who the idiot is.

Just to see this woman Tyrell Haberkorn talk makes me realise how lucky we are to have the army in place. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-30/how-the-thai-coup-effects-provincial-thailand/5491290 How much is Thaksin paying this idiot?

I believe her paymaster claims a doctorate too - but then there are DOCTORATES and doctorates aren't there. Actually I only have a Masters and sit on the board of a University but thats enough to know that her one sided view comes from the corrupt one - NOW!! how about you - did you finish high School "huh" - your archived post on the NACC as a bunch of corrupt idiots put in place by the 2006 coup makes me think you didn't!!??

Edited by love1012

There is NO EVIDENCE that Thaksin 'pays' her, only an idiot would think that, whatever you say your academic credentials are..

I'm not going to waste anymore time with your post but thx for the link anyways, enjoyed listening to a real academic speak as opposed to a poster who says he has a masters and anyone who calls out his moronic rant as nonsense must not have a high school diploma..

as far as the telegraph link that Thaispot posted, sure the rice pledging program-maybe it was bad policy, bad policy that wound up wasting money that went to mostly poor farmers, but it doesn't give a percentage on how much of the smuggled rice really made it's way to the stockpiles, I doubt as a percentage it is that significant..

but the point is, 'bad policy' is not the PMs 'corruption' your talking about corruption that happens at the lowest level-there is always some corruption in any entitlement program..

The Yingluck administration set a farm subsidy at appox. 5% of the national budget, about the same % that ABhists farmers insurance program was set at.. The notion that she or commerce minister Boonsang(sic) were 'profiting' from this type of low level corruption is non-sence, she was not even charged with that, she was charged with 'dereliction of duty' because the nacc says she should have stopped the program because corruption existed in it-something that goes beyond the nacc's mandate, the nacc should not be dictating to the elected government what they should do, what policy they 'are allowed' to set.. 'dereliction of duty' is a bogus case, especially when seeking impeachment and the political ban of an elected PM. Impeachment and ban in a democracy is supposed to be HARD, it has to be a serious criminal act, not something that amounts to a judgement call-where the nacc accuses the elected government of 'incompetence'.

I believe her paymaster claims a doctorate too - but then there are DOCTORATES and doctorates aren't there. Actually I only have a Masters and sit on the board of a University but thats enough to know that her one sided view comes from the corrupt one - NOW!! how about you - did you finish high School "huh" - your archived post on the NACC as a bunch of corrupt idiots put in place by the 2006 coup makes me think you didn't!!??

Edited by pkspeaker

Did that Masters degree do much for you, seeing as your stooping to playground level responses ?

...and who chose, appointed those NACC judges and/or executioners?

I remember the NACC saying to YS: "We do not allow you to bring any more witnesses to testify in your favor: we already have all the evidence we need."

It stands to reason that in the name of true justice a defendant (no matter who she/he is) should be allowed to bring testimony and evidence in her/his defense. Unless...before there is a hearing the NACC has already reached a verdict.

Such as now. Before there is a thorough investigation and solid findings, they already talk about "Corruption". Not even the possibility of mismanagement is mentioned by the Media in the rice subsidy: labeled a scheme. Was were the Palm Oil and the Rubber subsidies: schemes too? Anyone talked about corruption then?

But the Media dances to the tune of the elite and they beat the Elite's drum and tune.

After all, the Elite is not only educated and rich but also powerful and know better than any commoner.

The fools! The first casualty in an authoritarian regimen it's them. Som nam na.

Around 2.8 million tons of rice in the rice support program were found missing and a large quantity of rice was reportedly spoiled. Total damages were estimated at over 500 million baht.

How is that possible with a watchdog anti-corruption committee policing Thailand?

post-46292-0-33457800-1401813676_thumb.j Oh thats how

• Like 2

They are basically independent which immediately placed them as another of Thaksin's enemies seeing he couldn't buy or threaten them. Checks and balances are such wonderful tools to keep criminals, sorry Thai politicians to points of law and order.

They report to the Senate, which currently does'nt matter diddly squat, as the other group they report to (which is the real karma bitch for Yingluck and her brothers lackeys) is the criminal court.

The NACC does not report to the Senate which no longer exists. It is an independent agency under the 2007 Constitution which no longer exists.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Correct. My bush language "which currently does'nt matter didley squat" is not as readable as your correct English language.

So because the 2007 Constitution no longer exists do they then report to the Junta only, the Junta and the criminal court, or just the criminal court? I would be assuming they would be reporting their findings to the Junta (in place of the Senate) and the criminal court for any recommended charges to still be laid where they should with the criminal court. .

So would I be right then is presuming that the NACC were able to complete an audit of all the warehouses, within the last 10 days

Why not? The Yingluck administration did it in two days and reported no rice was missing. blink.png

• Like 2

A director of the Public Warehouse Office said it was incorrect that rice was missing, so the powers to be suspended him. Many others have been transferred in order to railroad the case through unopposed.

I think a big difference betwen railroading and finding out the truth.....in any case, a loss of over 500billion is worth investigating....without interference from possible involved people.

Thanks to Forbes we know were 1 biljon USD went. sad.png

Because of your typical style question, my answer would be..........Dick Barton special agent. How many assessors do you want ??? an assessor to assess the assessor ???

Prbkk is grasping for air. laugh.png

Missing, or never actually delivered? And what happened to the "missing rice was off being milled" story?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Missing, or never actually delivered?

Good question! How many trucks is needed to transport 2.8 miljon tons of rice? A lot, a hell of a lot.

Missing, or never actually delivered? And what happened to the "missing rice was off being milled" story?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Missing, or never actually delivered?

Good question! How many trucks is needed to transport 2.8 miljon tons of rice? A lot, a hell of a lot.

How many have Nuttawat transport got ?

They were reported to be moving rice around at great speed.

• Like 1

And damages are estimated at 500mn baht?

That's it? In a scheme.which has apparently cost hundreds of.billions? That is a bloody rounding error.

3mn tonnes of this stuff over a 3 crop cycle makes about 4%. That's lost in shrinkage and moisture. I hope they have more than this. And then not only that, apparently Yingluck is responsible for it going mouldy. Not the warehouses, apparently the politicians should have ordered the rain to stop and the temp to drop.