[Video] Thailand Coup 2014 - Message to John Kerry and the World

george

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are the people going to learn the value of their votes if they don't suffer the consequences? There can be a long series of coups each with a reset leading to same same, or there can be a long series of elections where people get hurt. But even the rice farmers and therefore Isaan could eventually learn that voting for corrupt people doesn't really benefit them.

Lots of democracies go through long birthing pains. The US had a devastating civil war 100 years after it was founded where masses were killed. Atlanta was burned to the ground. But out the other side there was a long learning and coming together process.

And it bothers you that Thailand is more civilized than the USA, that Thailand chooses to avoid a civil war and the loss of millions of lives, the end result becoming like Cambodia under Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge (Thaksin and the commie red-shirts).

No surprise that traitor Jane Fonda Kerry sides with the commie red-shirts, he has always sided with the commies.

I don't like Kerry at all and I agree with what he is, but he's speaking in favor of democracy.

The PTP are far from commies, bad as they are. Commie is a type of government that never existed.

You could not be more wrong.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/LE13Ae01.html

https://thaipoliticalprisoners.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/red-shirts-as-communists/

A husband and wife commie red-shirt UDD team with the husband serving as a member of parliament for the PTP since 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weng_Tojirakarn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thida_Thavornseth

• Like 1

Who on earth made that drivel?

The people that suffered for the past six months, because of the political situation in Thailand.

The people that dislike John Kerry's intervention and comments on Thailand politics.

The people that are happy and welcome the army, that already brought calm and justice to Thailand.

The people that are proud for themselves and disapprove foreign intervention.

The people that live in this country and love their country.........THE THAIS.

Funny you should say that, as I do know a few Thais, that just as the producers of this video, live overseas. They nevertheless have a completely different opinion. I guess some Thais are more Thai then others right ?

No Thais are more Thai than other Thais.

These Thais are voicing their opinions.

You should encourage those overseas Thais you know to make their own video to air their completely different opinion.

• Like 1

Who on earth made that drivel?

The people that suffered for the past six months, because of the political situation in Thailand.

The people that dislike John Kerry's intervention and comments on Thailand politics.

The people that are happy and welcome the army, that already brought calm and justice to Thailand.

Funny you should say that, as I do know a few Thais, that just as the producers of this video, live overseas. They nevertheless have a completely different opinion. I guess some Thais are more Thai then others right ?

You should encourage those overseas Thais you know to make their own video to air their completely different opinion.

No I would rather not. If you make such a video, the least you could do is not tell blatant lies. There is a difference between having an opinion and flat out lying.

• Like 2

How are the people going to learn the value of their votes if they don't suffer the consequences? There can be a long series of coups each with a reset leading to same same, or there can be a long series of elections where people get hurt. But even the rice farmers and therefore Isaan could eventually learn that voting for corrupt people doesn't really benefit them.

Lots of democracies go through long birthing pains. The US had a devastating civil war 100 years after it was founded where masses were killed. Atlanta was burned to the ground. But out the other side there was a long learning and coming together process.

And it bothers you that Thailand is more civilized than the USA, that Thailand chooses to avoid a civil war and the loss of millions of lives, the end result becoming like Cambodia under Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge (Thaksin and the commie red-shirts).

Why should I engage you about this when you don't know the definition of commie, and you think Thailand is more civilized than the US? The arrests by the Junta would have happened in the US a long time ago.

Comparing the red shirts who I disapprove of mightily to Pol Pot is really over the top.

And that explains the commie red-shirts flying the Cambodian flag at their riots, how?

No I would rather not.

Fair enough.

In that case then, enjoy the Thais that do choose to voice their opinion.

If you have a different opinion on what you consider not to be factual, perhaps you consider making your own video to detail them.