EC says there are no political parties in Thailand now

webfact

EC says there are no political parties in Thailand now

4-14-2014-10-21-33-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand is currently without a single political party because the political party act has already been automatically scrapped through the suspension of the Constitution by the military junta, according to Election Commissioner Mr Somchai Srisutthiyakorn.

He explained that the political party act is an organic law and when the Constitution was suspended all the organic laws, including the act, was automatically scrapped.

However, he said that he expected the National Council for Peace and Order to issue an order or an announcement to revive the political parties.

Meanwhile Mr Prasaeng Mongkolsiri, advisory chairman of the Palang Prachathippatai (Democratic Power) party, said he tried today (Tuesday) to search into the EC’s database on political parties but without success. He then called an official at the EC’s Office and was told that the database was inaccessible because there are no longer any political parties in the country.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ec-says-political-parties-thailand-now/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-06-04

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wow a country that has no politicians

No scavengers to bleed the country dry

Thailand will recover financially in no time

This alone will have made the army taking over worth while

I would like to point out that government departments are headed by Generals , I say no more. I rest my case. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

We could a have party but I think a funeral and a wake marking once again the death of democracy!

If you think what we had was democracy there is no point in trying to reason with you. Let me say this, if you live in a small village in the north and are married to a Thai, you have seen intimidation at work.

Yeah I bet those Thai wives are much scarier than soldiers with guns and tanks.

• Like 2

Whats happened to all the Hub jokes, haven't seen one for ages.

A voter asked the EC she wants to vote for her party, the EC said there are no parties, she was adamant about that right and asked several times--The EC said, "madam take the F out of parties and what have you got "---the lady said there isn't any F in parties, the EC said that's what I have been trying to tell you.thumbsup.gif

this is on topic.

• Like 1

No political parties, no election, no EC. Take a break Khun Somchai and reflect.

Easy Eric, early days lets see whats around the corner.

Didn't hear many complaints from you about the PTP over the last 3 years . Strange isn't it how your world has been turned inside out.

• Like 1

The army is the sole power owner of Thailand. What if something happened to Prayuth and the next person in power does not share the same principles? Just a thought.

Same thing as happened to dear old M. Thatcher. LUMP IT. we had to do with the PTP for 3 years, had something happened to Yingluck her next in line family would have took over. EASY really.