How to buy a pickup canopy?

So many guys with their 1st post on TV, smells like advertising.

Agreed, buy an Alpha or Carryboy just to P-ss off this spammer.

Both canopies are much better than Sammtr in both materials and build quality (just look at the rust on some older Sammitr canopies).

Edited by tonytigerbkk

Sammitr have many canopy to choose, can find service center near where you live.

Stop spamming Mr. Sammitr.

FYI, I work in the accessories industry for pick-up vehcles and it is believed by the vast majority of accessory dealers and manufacturers that Sammitr the canopy is not even in the top 10 of the best canopies.

There are many quality problems, design problems and a massive after sales service problem (due to the yearly change of the senior managers).

Independant12, as I say I am in this trade and it would be neither ethical nor fair to tell you which canopy I believe to be the best, as my view is biased.

Honestly, if I were to buy a canopy I would stick with the bigger firms but i would definately avoid Sammitr.

Now Mr. Sammitr,

If you continue to make new accounts to spam our board, I will tell all of the nice members here of your dirty unethical practices and the quality problems that plague your canopy.

Sammitr have many canopy to choose, can find service center near where you live.

FYI, I work in the accessories industry for pick-up vehcles and it is believed by the vast majority of accessory dealers and manufacturers that Sammitr the canopy is not even in the top 10 of the best canopies.

There are many quality problems, design problems and a massive after sales service problem (due to the yearly change of the senior managers).

Independant12, as I say I am in this trade and it would be neither ethical nor fair to tell you which canopy I believe to be the best, as my view is biased.

Honestly, if I were to buy a canopy I would stick with the bigger firms but i would definately avoid Sammitr.

Now Mr. Sammitr,

If you continue to make new accounts to spam our board, I will tell all of the nice members here of your dirty unethical practices and the quality problems that plague your canopy.

I agree with the comment of tonytigerbkk regarding the spamming issue, it is obvious as all "1 post users" are registered within the last 2-3 days, always two users within a couple of minutes.

However, I disagree about the quality of the SUV Plus cab. I have that cab on a vigo since 5-6 years. The only problem I have are the faded brake lights. The color faded a lot in the sun, which gives the whole canopy a very used look. Otherwise no rust, or any other problems.

On the last motorshow in BKK I was a the Sammitr booth to take a look around... I told them that in general I'm satisfied with the canopy, but the faded lights problem etc....

There were aware of the problem and offered free exchange of the plastic parts. Since most times I have not much time when I'm in BKK I wasn't there yet, but I'll go in a couple of weeks.

Before the Sammitr I had a Carryboy. Carryboy was not bad either, in 5 years once a broken lock and the door got a bit flimsy. Well, it's a canopy and not a door on a S-Class...

Now Mr. Sammitr,

I agree with the comment of tonytigerbkk regarding the spamming issue, it is obvious as all "1 post users" are registered within the last 2-3 days, always two users within a couple of minutes.

However, I disagree about the quality of the SUV Plus cab. I have that cab on a vigo since 5-6 years. The only problem I have are the faded brake lights. The color faded a lot in the sun, which gives the whole canopy a very used look. Otherwise no rust, or any other problems.

On the last motorshow in BKK I was a the Sammitr booth to take a look around... I told them that in general I'm satisfied with the canopy, but the faded lights problem etc....

There were aware of the problem and offered free exchange of the plastic parts. Since most times I have not much time when I'm in BKK I wasn't there yet, but I'll go in a couple of weeks.

Before the Sammitr I had a Carryboy. Carryboy was not bad either, in 5 years once a broken lock and the door got a bit flimsy. Well, it's a canopy and not a door on a S-Class...

Hi,

You are entitled to disagree and I'm glad that you got a good canopy and good service from Sammitr but honestly this is not always the case.

As I previously mentioned, I am in this market sector and the Sammitr name within the 4x4 accessory trade is known for many things but quality is definitely not one of those.

• 3 years later...

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Reply to a thread from 2014 ??? 555

Good info is timeless (especially when it comes with GPS coordinates), and updates are appreciated when using the search function. 

Edited by impulse