Non O Visa Help

I am recently married to a Thai lady, living in Surin. On my last visit to Thailand In February, I stayed 60 days on a 90 day visa. I am now, back in the US trying to sell my home and property. I am returning at the end of July and staying another 60 days. Then back to US to prepare my home for winter, if it doesn't sell. I want to return in early November and stay to April of next year. Back to the US to have my taxes filed and return to Thailand to live. Can I apply for a Non O visa in Thailand, when I come back in July. I meet all of the income requirements. If I can, do I have to go to Bangkok or can this be done in Surin.

You can apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai at the Kap Chong immigration office in Surin.

You will first need a single entry non-o visa. I suggest you get it before leaving the states. You can apply for it by mail to the embassy in DC or one of the consulates in NY, La or Chicago. Or in person at one of the honorary consulates listed here. http://www.thaiembdc.us/dcdp/Thai_Consulate_Directory2

If you don't get it you could do a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry in Bangkok (probably 2 trips). Or make a trip to the embassy in Vientiane or the consulate in Savannakhet to get the non-o vissa.

From exp just a tip mate, think you'll find it alot more straight forward getting the visa in your home country or fly in via Singapore and get it at the Thai consulate there, drop off the application at 9am and pick up at 3pm next day (as long as you don't get there between a Thai public holiday).

The Sing option best way personally in my opinion:

Doc's reqd are:

1. bank statement showing min.400,000 THB for last 3 months
  2. copy of marriage cert (some places req the english translation version, Singapore doesn't)
  3. onward travel itinerary from Thailand
  4. well written letter from wife confirming/ stating your relationship (in Thai)
  5. proof of address in Thailand

official info here: http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-consular

choc dee