Just Back From Penang.

Just got back from Penang after renewing my non imm o visa[multiple entry.]No fuss or problems at all.My paperwork was glanced at but not scrutinised.I was VERY close to the 400k limit in the bank,but not a word said.

I hope some of you Penangers find my post useful.

Just got back from Penang after renewing my non imm o visa[multiple entry.]No fuss or problems at all.My paperwork was glanced at but not scrutinised.I was VERY close to the 400k limit in the bank,but not a word said.

The question is why are you making a trip to Penang? If you have the 400k in the bank you can extend for a year at a time with a visit to immigration (with the wife) and providing them that information. Normally you only need the marriage certificate and a copy of wife id card for the visa from Penang.

The question is why are you making a trip to Penang? If you have the 400k in the bank you can extend for a year at a time with a visit to immigration (with the wife) and providing them that information. Normally you only need the marriage certificate and a copy of wife id card for the visa from Penang.

Tried it in Ranong.The 'lady'turned me down flat.Said she was not interested in how much money I have or whether or not I am married.She told me as I was not working,I could not stay.Period.

O.K,I know I have the kind of face people instinctively want to punch[just ask the wife!] but I was quiet and polite.Got me nowhere.I would have gone somewhere else but the missus was too heavily pregnant to travel far.

Tried it in Ranong.The 'lady'turned me down flat.Said she was not interested in how much money I have or whether or not I am married.She told me as I was not working,I could not stay.Period.

did you previously have a year extension and were denied the renewal? i had a similar experience when i went for my first one year extension a few days ago. i was given the 1 year extension but my wife was told next year i would need to work in thailand and get a work permit to extend it further. read my post here:

Marriage Visa: Only One Year, After Need A Job And Work Permit?

maybe we're experiencing the same thing?

did you previously have a year extension and were denied the renewal? i had a similar experience when i went for my first one year extension a few days ago. i was given the 1 year extension but my wife was told next year i would need to work in thailand and get a work permit to extend it further. read my post here:

Marriage Visa: Only One Year, After Need A Job And Work Permit?

maybe we're experiencing the same thing?

Maybe so,but nevertheless it is most frustrating.He can.He cant.He MAY be able to.Can we not have a law cast in iron to stop officials making it up on the spot? It may be disadvantagious to me personally but at least people in our position would not have to be in a permanent state of limbo.This applies to other fields outside immigration too.