Body found in Bangkok canal during search for PCAD weapons

webfact

Body Found In BKK Canal During Search For PCAD Weapons
By Khaosod English

14018725771401872792l.jpg
Troops from the 1st Region Army, police, and staff from the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration found a dead body in the Padung Krung Kasem canal this morning.

BANGKOK — Soldiers say they uncovered a dead body in the canal next to the Government House in Bangkok during a search for weapons discarded by former anti-government protesters today.

The body, wrapped in canvas, was spotted by a group of army divers in Padung Krung Kasem canal near Ratchadamnoen Avenue, where supporters of the People's Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) were organising rallies prior to the 22 May coup in an effort to oust the government of former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Army officers say they were not able to immediately identify the gender, nationality, or age of the deceased body, which was largely decomposed.

Police say more details will be available to the media later today.

The search was conducted this morning after local residents said they were concerned about the safety of the canal, fearing it may have been used as a dumping grounds for abandoned weapons after the PCAD was forced to leave their rally site in the wake of the 22 May coup, an army officer explained.

In addition to the body, officers also found knives and barbed wire in the canal this morning. The search, which was conducted by troops from the 1st Region Army and supported by police and staff from the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, is still ongoing.

In a previous search of the PCAD's campsite on Ratchadamnoen Avenue. officers found tear gas canisters, handguns, and homemade explosives.

Many of the PCAD security guards, who became increasingly militant as the protest movement wore on, were believed to be armed.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1401872577

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-06-04

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amusing that some scream "Prove it", "Innocent until proven guilty", "Show me the proof" and "It could have been PDRC supporters in disguise" when it comes to an incident that implicates a red shirt as guilty. However the same people scream "How many did the monks thug's murder" or "Those were the peaceful protestors right" without needing a shrewd of evidence.

Know what I think. I think logically. Logic would dictate that being relatively close to a PDRC site this would more likely be a victim of foul play by the PDRC than a victim at the hands of red shirts or it may be an incident completely unrelated. Not saying it isn't. It may well be a man that had a quarrel with another that was completely unrelated to politics, but logic kicks in.

Until it is proven otherwise I would suggest a victim of the PDRC guards or protestors. The burden of proof is on the police to prove it is anything but PDRC related and if they cannot it will be assumed by me through logic (not PTP logic) that he is a victim of the PDRC.

So the same people that jump to conclusions here are right in my eyes. It is logical. Well done and I agree. BUT remember that when people jump to a logical conclusion when PDRC were attacked or when weapons caches and people are arrested in a hotel apartment (sorry heybruce!) logic dictates they are red shirts.

Seems that even logic is agenda driven on TFV.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

How many others did the monk's thugs murder?

You are speculating that this was definitely the work of Buddha Issara's group. Making an assumption of guilt without evidential proof is not only wrong and dangerous, it is downright stupid in the current climate.

We are all aware of your political leanings whether we agree with them or not, but you really ought to haul your neck in at least for a while, unless you're a firm believer in virtual reincarnation!! ?

But it remains ok to speculate endlessly about the role of the red shirts and indeed the Shinawatra family in violent events on dozens of threads?

no one was lobbing ping pong bomb at the red shirt demonstrators were they, and they were all for violence if the constitutional court had ousted Yingluck. The evidence is there if you open you're eyes!

• Like 1

Speak to the MAD MONK. First point of call. He has alleged priors for throwing people into canals and rivers. Evil piece and I hope the Army do their job and bring him down.

You are speculating that this was definitely the work of Buddha Issara's group. Making an assumption of guilt without evidential proof is not only wrong and dangerous, it is downright stupid in the current climate.

We are all aware of your political leanings whether we agree with them or not, but you really ought to haul your neck in at least for a while, unless you're a firm believer in virtual reincarnation!! ?

But it remains ok to speculate endlessly about the role of the red shirts and indeed the Shinawatra family in violent events on dozens of threads?

no one was lobbing ping pong bomb at the red shirt demonstrators were they, and they were all for violence if the constitutional court had ousted Yingluck. The evidence is there if you open you're eyes!

You are right. No ping pong bombs. The PDRC crowd was shooting at them from a university building,,,,

• Like 1

Stupid comment!!

Why? Please explain.

The Mad Monk had already admitted that his thugs and goons were out of control and he was going to give them up to authorities. I lied and never gave them up but hey

And those were the peaceful protester. Right????

Yes they were, the courts said so. And you know it is illegal to criticise these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Is there a current in that klong?

If so the body could easily have been washed down from farther upstream.

Would be best to wait for some ID for apparently there has been no one reported missing that could be linked to the body.

And those were the peaceful protester. Right????

Correct probably a peaceful protester done in by the red shirts.

One man was kidnapped and tortured by the PDRC with no food or water for a week and then thrown into a river to die. Another was stabbed into a coma in front of his pregnant wife for knocking down 'sacred cones (any updates on that one in the news?) And I love the pic of the PDRC gaurd holding a man by the throat in front of a peaceful, chanting crowd (more like a screaming and maniacal mob) because that man -- how dare him -- was trying to, um, vote.

It is a stretch of non-imagination to think that maybe, just maybe, a few people were slaughtered by the PDRC we never heard about and are listed on police reports as 'missing'.

Duh. Congratulations, Stuperman, slower than a sloth, able to leap tall mounds of evidence in a single bound.

The very same paid thugs worked for the red shirts in 2010. They have no ideology - money is number one.