Foreigner dies in horror Phuket smash

webfact

Foreigner dies in horror Phuket smash
Eakkapop Thongtub

1401955062_1.jpg
Wednesday's crash.

PHUKET: -- A foreign man died in a serious crash on Sator Curve, between Kata and Chalong yesterday (June 4) at 5.30pm, when a cement mixer tipped over and landed on top of his car, crushing it.

Karon police said that they had questioned Chart Jabjit, 58, the driver of 10-wheel Natthapong Concrete cement mixer, who told them that a motorbike had crossed his path cauing him to brake abruptly and swerve to avoid hitting the motorcyclist.

The cement mixer tipped over and landed on top of the foreigner's car, which was travelling in the opposite direction.

The foreigner died instantly. Kanyanit Choksawat, 41, was injured when her pickup truck, which was travelling behind the foreigner's car, was also hit by the tumbling cement truck.

She was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital for treatment. Police, Phuket Ruamjai Foundation and other officials had to bring in a crane to lift the concrete mixer off the car so that they could retrieve the foreigner's body, which was also sent to Vachira to await instructions from his family.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/foreigner-dies-in-horror-phuket-smash-46675.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-06-05

Why does not Thai drivers look forward. Why do they only look at the road in near vicinity ? Why not widen your horizon a little bit, it could save hundreds of lives every year ?

These cement trucks are notoriously top-heavy, especially when full. Combine that with the usual style of driving in this country, and you have lethal accidents-waiting-to-happen in every nook and cranny of the kingdom. Shudder.

• Like 2

My neighbor approached me about this this morning. A Russian guy was the victim, he took photos of the poor guy. bah.gif I doubt the cement truck was innocent. whistling.gif

Your neighbour took photos of a dead guy.........................coffee1.gif ..........rolleyes.gif ....................coffee1.gif

Ohhhhhhh, sorry, forgot about facebook.........................sad.png

Speeding concrete trucks with ill trained drivers, wet, steep slippery road = a lot of unnecessary, but avoidable carnage.

As an ex heavy goods vehicle driver AND the flack I get on the motoring forum about tyre pressures whistling.gif , if this guys cement truck had under inflated tyres it would tip/flip if fully loaded..............sad.png

Speeding concrete trucks with ill trained drivers, wet, steep slippery road = a lot of unnecessary, but avoidable carnage.

As an ex heavy goods vehicle driver AND the flack I get on the motoring forum about tyre pressures whistling.gif , if this guys cement truck had under inflated tyres it would tip/flip if fully loaded..............sad.png

I disagree, he would have to run on nearly flat tires in order for that to happen, the back tires are twin mounted. If even 1 of the tires where running on low pressure, the pressure load on the last tire would cause it to heat up and explode...This clearly not what happen.

No...im pretty sure that the centrifugal force just took over, when you combine a poor driver (prob no licence and completely unaware of the law of physics) with a cement truck or a petrol truck, and then tell him he has to go from point A to B as fast as possible (or he chooses to do so in order for have time to visit his mia noi also)...you are just waiting for a accident to happen.

Now...If this had been i Europe, the driver would probably face charges of unaware man slaughter, should the case show that the company let a driver, drive a truck with no education....Then fine and law suit would probably force the company to a complete closure.

Here...since it's Thailand..i guessing a 2000,- bath fine would cover it...I would be surprised if any Thai police man actually knows about the centrifugal force..Sadly

Why does not Thai drivers look forward. Why do they only look at the road in near vicinity ? Why not widen your horizon a little bit, it could save hundreds of lives every year ?

They're trained from young to live for today and never for the mid or long term as they cannot grasp the concept of future planning or couldn't care less if they endangered others. They have a myopic vision and does not understand defensive driving. Look around today and you'll understand the kind of environment these people are living in.

• Like 2

I disagree, he would have to run on nearly flat tires in order for that to happen, the back tires are twin mounted. If even 1 of the tires where running on low pressure, the pressure load on the last tire would cause it to heat up and explode...This clearly not what happen.

No...im pretty sure that the centrifugal force just took over, when you combine a poor driver (prob no licence and completely unaware of the law of physics) with a cement truck or a petrol truck, and then tell him he has to go from point A to B as fast as possible (or he chooses to do so in order for have time to visit his mia noi also)...you are just waiting for a accident to happen.

Now...If this had been i Europe, the driver would probably face charges of unaware man slaughter, should the case show that the company let a driver, drive a truck with no education....Then fine and law suit would probably force the company to a complete closure.

Here...since it's Thailand..i guessing a 2000,- bath fine would cover it...I would be surprised if any Thai police man actually knows about the centrifugal force..Sadly

So why does a cement truck have 4 wheels each side at the rear inflated to a certain pressure to carry the load and stop tilt.?

So why does a cement truck have 4 wheels each side at the rear inflated to a certain pressure to carry the load and stop tilt.?

You answered that your self transam in some way, yes almost any cement truck have 2 axels with 2 tires mouted at each side on each axel, due to the high pressure load.

but in this case i disagere with you, in order for it to happen the way you pointed out, each tire would have to be under inflated, running the truck with under inflated on all 4 (5) tires would cause it to heat up much much faster and lead to the same..explode...

Look this...

• Like 1

They're trained from young to live for today and never for the mid or long term as they cannot grasp the concept of future planning or couldn't care less if they endangered others. They have a myopic vision and does not understand defensive driving. Look around today and you'll understand the kind of environment these people are living in.

Agree, it is a religious precept. All is preordained so driving fast or carelessly has nothing to do with a crash, it was meant to be.

The truck driver probably rationalizes manslaughter as the victim was a bad person in a former life so died a violent death. It's all about karma.

• Like 1

And that is the exact reason why you will never see me on the outside of any truck when it is turning/cornering.

It makes no difference being on the outside or inside of any truck driving with goods in liquid form...

Stay behind in curves and pass it when the road goes straight as fast as possible..

• Like 1

And that is the exact reason why you will never see me on the outside of any truck when it is turning/cornering.

It makes no difference being on the outside or inside of any truck driving with goods in liquid form...

Stay behind in curves and pass it when the road goes straight as fast as possible..

I have never seen a truck fall to the inside of a corner/turn.

My neighbor approached me about this this morning. A Russian guy was the victim, he took photos of the poor guy. bah.gif I doubt the cement truck was innocent. whistling.gif

Your neighbour took photos of a dead guy.........................coffee1.gif ..........rolleyes.gif ....................coffee1.gif

Ohhhhhhh, sorry, forgot about facebook.........................sad.png

There is no doubt in my mind that if ANY of us farang meet with untimely and public death here in LOS, then there will be plenty of people filming it and taking snaps on their smart devices and within 1 hour will be viral on the internet..... the more grizzly your end, the more 'likes' it will get.

Food for thought.... Die naturally and spite them all smile.png

Edited by thumper101
  • Like 1

...Yes in a corner turn would seem unlikely that the truck would fall inside...but i said in curves, i have seen it serveral times, with trucks speeding and un aware of the heavy top point of their load, especially with trucks driving with liquid as the top point moves inside the truck "tank" continually

Well...Nevermind...just be safe and stay behind....your in Thailand, the elevator dont run to the top floor..

• Like 1

...Yes in a corner turn would seem unlikely that the truck would fall inside...but i said in curves, i have seen it serveral times, with trucks speeding and un aware of the heavy top point of their load, especially with trucks driving with liquid as the top point moves inside the truck "tank" continually

Well...Nevermind...just be safe and stay behind....your in Thailand, the elevator dont run to the top floor..

Ummmm yeah righto..... you try to rebutt my answer to you saying "i have never seen a truck fall inwards" with actual proof they fall outwards due to centrifugal forces..........

What point are you trying to make ?

@ spoonman

Ummmm yeah righto..... you try to rebutt my answer to you saying "i have never seen a truck fall inwards" with actual proof they fall outwards due to centrifugal forces..........

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Im trying to explain a scenario of what happens inside a truck driving with goods in liquid form, when driving in curves, i might fail to explain properly due to lack of english speaking / writing skills..im not a native.

First...Look at the truck go Straight forward..in Thailand the left side of the truck would be "inside" and the right side would be "outside"

If the truck driving through a left curve (the liquid will force the centrifugal force go the right) right after the truck makes a right curve, forcing the liquid (centrifugal force) go to the left side of the truck..

If you add speeding to that it will force the top load point to move very fast from the right and towards the left side, causing the truck to tip and fall down inside the lane where you driving...bang..tomato..

I hope it makes sense..

Edited by MoTheo

@ spoonman

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Im trying to explain a scenario of what happens inside a truck driving with goods in liquid form, when driving in curves, i might fail to explain properly due to lack of english speaking / writing skills..im not a native.

First...Look at the truck go Straight forward..in Thailand the left side of the truck would be "inside" and the right side would be "outside"

If the truck driving through a left curve (the liquid will force the centrifugal force go the right) right after the truck makes a right curve, forcing the liquid (centrifugal force) go to the left side of the truck..

If you add speeding to that it will force the top load point to move very fast from the right and towards the left side, causing the truck to tip and fall down inside the lane where you driving...bang..tomato..

I hope it makes sense..

If the truck is going around a right hand turn the inside is the right hand side. If the truck is going around a left hand turn the inside is the left side.