Remote control unit to turn on/off "electric plug"?

moonseeker

Trying to find a device / remote power socket, that can be plugged into an outlet to control an appliance plugged into that unit by remote control. So far no luck. Thanks for any pointers. MS>

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EU-Plug-2-pack-Wireless-Remote-Control-Electric-AC-Power-Outlet-Socket-Switch-/380881531249?pt=Home_Automation_Modules&hash=item58ae4ef171

Edited by moonseeker

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My Hoax detector goes wild ....

I wish your remote-wireless/power socket detector went wild. Let me know if it does, please.....;-) THX. Jack. MS>

Ebay "Item location: Shen Zhen, China"

I would not touch even with a thick pair of rubber glove, sad.png

Unfortunately much of the cheap electrical products coming out of China are of a shockingly poor quality.

post-20091-0-14433500-1402033395.jpg

• Like 1

In Thai it is called:

รีโมทคอนโทรลสวิทช์ควบคุม

short form:

สวิทซ์รีโมท (Thai transcription from English "switch remote", sounding similar)

Many sites can be found.

One is a facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/RemoteSwitchs

that is affiliated with an online store:

http://www.itandhome.com/wireless-remote-control-switch.html

There are both remote switches operated by radio signal or by GSM mobile phone.

The latter one requires a SIM card for the switch and can be controlled from basically everwhere by sending certain SMS.

Some pictures from Thai websites:

http://goo.gl/dhL2yU

How about this:

http://www.pongtechshop.com/product/76/%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%8A%E0%B9%8C-%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%A1-3-%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%94-%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%94-%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%94-%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B7%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%8A%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%9F%E0%B8%9F%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2

Edited by KhunBENQ

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In Thai it is called:

รีโมทคอนโทรลสวิทช์ควบคุม

short form:

สวิทซ์รีโมท (Thai transcription from English "switch remote", sounding similar)

Many sites can be found.

One is a facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/RemoteSwitchs

that is affiliated with an online store:

http://www.itandhome.com/wireless-remote-control-switch.html

There are both remote switches operated by radio signal or by GSM mobile phone.

The latter one requires a SIM card for the switch and can be controlled from basically everwhere by sending certain SMS.

Some pictures from Thai websites:

http://goo.gl/dhL2yU

How about this:

http://www.pongtechshop.com/product/76/%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%8A%E0%B9%8C-%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%A1-3-%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%94-%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%94-%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%94-%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B7%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%8A%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%9F%E0%B8%9F%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2

Thank you soooooooooooooooo....much!!! What a comprehensive answer. Much appreciated. Have a good weekend. wai2.gif MS>

Edited by moonseeker

Unfortunately much of the cheap electrical products coming out of China are of a shockingly poor quality.

attachicon.gifdownload.jpg

I suggest you visit a home store in your country and ask the manager to remove all products from Shenzen (China).

You seem to have no idea what you are buying today.

You don't have fancy Apple smartphone or the like?

Shenzen is the factory of the world.

Bad quality: it can be very bad in Thailand due to lax controls/standards.

In Europe products from China simply have to fullfil certain standards, else they can't be sold.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifdownload.jpg

I suggest you visit a home store in your country and ask the manager to remove all products from Shenzen (China).

You seem to have no idea what you are buying today.

You don't have fancy Apple smartphone or the like?

Shenzen is the factory of the world.

Bad quality: it can be very bad in Thailand due to lax controls/standards.

In Europe products from China simply have to fullfil certain standards, else they can't be sold.

I am very much aware of problems in the UK of cheap and often copy items that are made in China still being sold even with the tight trading standards in the UK.

In particular the copy chargers for Iphone that have been the cause of house fires and electrocutions in the UK but nothing compared to the incidents within Thailand, I also aware of the CE markings put on products made in China that would nether in a month of Sundays comply with CE.

The problem with China they are coping products, simplifying and using inferior/sub standard components and materials and although there are some good well priced products that come out of China how can you or me tell the difference?

• Like 1

Yes, there is a completely different standard of Chinese goods, they come to Thailand, or that go to Europe. The junk that comes to Thailand seems to be just rejects, while products going to Europe, will at least last until you get your job done. I guess it depends on the wholesale buyers, if they accept the crap, then they just pass it along to the end customer, and just say "sorry".

I also saw such items at amorn, tukcom basement. Couldn't figure out what distance the remote can do, though. The plug I wanted to switch is quite far away, hence the need for a remote.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I also saw such items at amorn, tukcom basement. Couldn't figure out what distance the remote can do, though. The plug I wanted to switch is quite far away, hence the need for a remote.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

THX. Raro, Tried that, too. None available unfortunately, unless the 3 staff i asked all did not understand. Regards. M.

Lots of them for sale here in the US, Sears, Home Depot etc. Not sure about 220 V units or shipping to Thailand. But I would think some of the department stores there, Big C, and others would have these somewhere. At least one online site list 220v, alibaba.

Yes, there is a completely different standard of Chinese goods, they come to Thailand, or that go to Europe. The junk that comes to Thailand seems to be just rejects, while products going to Europe, will at least last until you get your job done. I guess it depends on the wholesale buyers, if they accept the crap, then they just pass it along to the end customer, and just say "sorry".

I agree on two standards of Chinese goods but I assure you they send the crap anywhere including Europe and the UK, and until China puts it house in order no one could possibly by any goods from China with any confidence.

My Hoax detector goes wild ....

I wish your remote-wireless/power socket detector went wild. Let me know if it does, please.....;-) THX. Jack. MS>

Oops, wrong thread. Solly. But i know where you can buy that thing that you are looking for ..... Marskramer, Holland. Good luck.

• Like 1

When looking around in shops for such special items, I usually I have a sample printout with Thai script to show.

Sometimes it helps (or at least shortens time for "no have" wink.png ).

I do have some basic Thai knowledge and with help from my wife I did some onlne orders in the price range of 500 to 3000 Baht.

So far it worked well.

But yes, some Thai (or help from Thai speaker) necessary.

Thank you. The only place i haven't thought of. Thanks to everybody. MS>

Thought I saw one of these units at PowerBuy recently.

why not just order from "aliexpress"?

Wireless remote plugs

I order many small electronic items from there, especially when I am too lazy (or annoyed from "no hap") to shop around.

Never had any problems thumbsup.gif

I am interested. Postal costs to Thailand?

Follow the link. It's Free shipping to Thailand via China Post Air Mail. Of course you can choose other methods, but it will cost you. I use aliexpress.com quite a bit and have had no real issues. One time China Post lost a package, but the supplier quickly resent another one. I've never had to pay custom fees or VAT using China Post.

• Like 1