Honda Wave 125i VS Yamaha Spark 135i

I warned her look after it and wear a helmet always, seen her the other day riding flat out overtaking everything with a dee on the back and of course no helmets, also noticed the headlamp glass is smashedsad.png

I bought a 2nd-hand bike for the GF's family to use.

They agreed to wear helmets and not drink and drive, or else.

Drunk-driving, sans helmets, with children aboard, led to me to taking it back 2 weeks later.

Walking is good exercise.

Just thinking, the parabon is due next month and i doubt it would go through the inspection with a smashed headlamp glass, if the glass and tax-insurance does,nt get done i,m taking it back!

Have to confess that in fact I don't know that much about small bikes. Lol. But yr correct. A rotary clutch? Interestingly they have put in on their lowest spec model it seems.

Ever buy a car in Thailand?

Try to get ABS/traction control/airbags/leather seats/etc. with a manual transmission.

Nicky: rotary clutch; never heard of that before.

d_b:

Yes.

My Thai made Honda car has manual tranny & airbags.

And what other premium features?

Not trying to be ornery, but one bullet point does not invalidate what I was saying.

I missed the bullet point.

"Ever buy a car in Thailand?

Try to get ABS/traction control/airbags/leather seats/etc. with a manual transmission."

Unclear to me what you are trying to 'say' regarding Wave/Spark.

Edited by papa al

Had a Honda Wave 125 for seven years, and never a problem, had a Yamaha Fino for two years, fuel consumption terrible. and value dropped drammatically.

Finos are garbage for sure, but I don't know if one should judge other Yamaha bikes by that standard. A friend of mine had a Mio which was a pretty good scooter.

I also agree the Wave 125 is a great bike though. I own one and love it.

In my opinion the purpose of a Fino is to haul a small female rear end around town which it does admirably.

They depreciate less than a Scoopy, unless you are silly enough to buy one with all the goofy lights.

Edited by papa al

• 2 years later...

I have a Yamaha Spark 110cc 2012 and its been a very good bike but having OCD I don't take it out in the rain and instead use my Honda Tena which cleans up more easily. Also got a CBR 300 that doesn't see rain either. But before you say it, I also don't know what that's got to do with the price of fish. OCD going mad in this rainy season, by the way