Border Run out of Ao Nang, Krabi - suggestions please

I tried a multi word search and could not find much of previous discussion... so here goes...

Border Run coming up... I am in Ao Nang and have a necessity for a Border Run - the 90 day thing (my second)... I have a Non Immigrant 'O' Multi Entry Visa so it is only a formality to do the Visa Stamp thing - I am actually doing it a little early to make it convenient to do other things on the real date... My question is Where does one go ? .... Van to Ranong Myanmar (or somewhere)? .. I don't mind the trip - it will be a little side tour... I see signs at the tour offices in town but would rather hear it from a Farlang who has actually done it... Anyone have a suggestion? By the way this is not an O-A so I can't just go to the Immigration office in Krabi.

Thank you...

... is that a safe area these days???

Satun, Malaysian/Thai border. 1000 baht for mini bus return. There and back in a day.

Of course it's safe .. It's never been unsafe.

Even the crossings down in Narathiwat are fine, do you think armed insurgents hold up mini vans in search of infidels or something ?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Satun, Malaysian/Thai border. 1000 baht for mini bus return. There and back in a day.

Problems in the deep south are only at the east coast, in the provinces of Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat and parts of Songhkla. At the west coast, in the provinces of Trang and Satun, there has never been any trouble whatsoever.

Of course it's safe .. It's never been unsafe.

Even the crossings down in Narathiwat are fine, do you think armed insurgents hold up mini vans in search of infidels or something ?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I have driven by myself through pattalung and pattani to Navtivas and crossed the border to Kota baru , for a 12 visa renewal and I never felt safer.

Satun, Malaysian/Thai border. 1000 baht for mini bus return, There and back in a day, is the way to go !!