Phuket has to be the best real estate investment in Thailand

Kaymcdonnell

Being involved in real estate in Phuket i feel that it has to the best option for both western investors and realtors. Phuket is the jewel of Thailand so around the world it is mostly recognized. I know not every expat favors Phuket but you cannot deny it has the upper edge? Look forward to the remarks, good or bad. Fact is it is true.

• Like 1

What are you doing, trying to sell condos ? Over priced area I would say .... Same as most Thai tourist areas. Best to rent !

When people say "best to rent" means they do not understand investment in real estate in Phuket. Usually there are not the type of people that would invest anywhere. I don't actually know too many people who lost money on investing in real estate in Phuket, unless they did not know what they were doing in the first place. OR they bought in the thai girlfriends name. Some people you cannot help.

• Like 2

It would be much better if there would be good public transportation on the island. That would increase the value of the properties as people would feel more freedom to travel around.

It would be much better if there would be good public transportation on the island. That would increase the value of the properties as people would feel more freedom to travel around.

Public transport is mostly for tourist so not the most important to the real estate investor as they have their own transport

When people say "best to rent" means they do not understand investment in real estate in Phuket. Usually there are not the type of people that would invest anywhere. I don't actually know too many people who lost money on investing in real estate in Phuket, unless they did not know what they were doing in the first place. OR they bought in the thai girlfriends name. Some people you cannot help.

Are you buying or selling ?

Edited by ttthailand

Well, it would have to do with condos, as westerners are banned from owning property.

An investment would be something you could realistically by and sell.

Admitted you have to have balls to invest in Thailand, but is that not what real investors have?

Are you buying or selling ?

Just passing on an observation on a lazy low season afternoon.

What are you doing, trying to sell condos ? Over priced area I would say .... Same as most Thai tourist areas. Best to rent !

OR it is worth good money and you have Thai partners ...

I just read the tread that you pointed out to me. Correct in many ways. Some investors came here about 5 or so years ago when the market was peaking and thought they would make a big buck. They bought land - say 800 SQM for 1 or so MB and built the house for 3 MB or so.

Then they see the property market boom and think they can get MASSIVE BUCKS, they are deluded. If they sold within a fair and handsome profit rather than crazy expectations then they would get the sale easy.

My point is that reasonable investors can make good money, deluded individuals have to suck it and see.

I don't think this only happens in Phuket

I just read the tread that you pointed out to me. Correct in many ways. Some investors came here about 5 or so years ago when the market was peaking and thought they would make a big buck. They bought land - say 800 SQM for 1 or so MB and built the house for 3 MB or so.

Then they see the property market boom and think they can get MASSIVE BUCKS, they are deluded. If they sold within a fair and handsome profit rather than crazy expectations then they would get the sale easy.

My point is that reasonable investors can make good money, deluded individuals have to suck it and see.

I don't think this only happens in Phuket

Maybe in your eyes it is.

How about some sort of facts to convince the rest of us?

Well like anything you have to be careful in what you invest in. Land has soared over the last years, you cannot loose.

The asking price has soared, not the selling price

Typical real estate sales pitch, plenty of properies still on the market for the same price or less

than they were 5 years ago, if they were fairly priced they would have sold long ago

In your first post you said " Fact is it is true."

Show me some facts.

• Like 1

Well like anything you have to be careful in what you invest in. Land has soared over the last years, you cannot loose.

A foreigner can't buy land.

True but they do and i know a lot of foreigners who have the way to do it and made a LOT of profit and still doing it

A foreigner can't buy land.

True but they do and i know a lot of foreigners who have the way to do it and made a LOT of profit and still doing it

Do enlighten us about the 'way to do it' please. Is it legal?

Public transport is mostly for tourist so not the most important to the real estate investor as they have their own transport

Really..., mostly for tourists, Thai public transportation (not tuk tuk's, I think they are not actually public transportation)??