Phuket has to be the best real estate investment in Thailand

Kaymcdonnell

Maybe in your eyes it is.

How about some sort of facts to convince the rest of us?

Well like anything you have to be careful in what you invest in. Land has soared over the last years, you cannot loose.

A foreigner can't buy land.

"A foreigner can't buy land." - a foreigner can buy land, he just can't own the land. smile.png

Yes, that's right. You pay for something that you will never own, due to your nationality.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 2

My interpretation of Phuket real estate is that its overpriced , there are many external factors that locals do not consider and never will the days of easy money have come to an end. As far as Phuket being the so called jewel of Thailand is nothing short of delusional.Propertys true value is is determined by what a buyer is prepared to pay for it.

• Like 2

What were the reasons that your mobile bus, touring around Phuket, selling real estate didn't quite work out?

Ok so what do you know about the mobile bus, did you invest in it? Did you ever visit it and spend some time to know what it was really about?

Maybe in your eyes it is.

How about some sort of facts to convince the rest of us?

Well like anything you have to be careful in what you invest in. Land has soared over the last years, you cannot loose.

A foreigner can't buy land.

True but they do and i know a lot of foreigners who have the way to do it and made a LOT of profit and still doing it

Why do you forget to answer the question about the facts?

What were the reasons that your mobile bus, touring around Phuket, selling real estate didn't quite work out?

Ok so what do you know about the mobile bus, did you invest in it? Did you ever visit it and spend some time to know what it was really about?

Mmmmmmm

Just knew this was gonna be interesting ......

Carry on boys :-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by N47HAN
  • Like 1

When I am stuck in traffic on a dirty eyesore of a road, when I see the piles of rubbish on the side of the road and even on the beach, when I see the and hear the new wave of tourists annoying the expats and regular tourists, when I am drawing money out of my bank account to pay the extortion fee to get two young English guys out of Patong Police Station's cells, do I think of Phuket as the "jewel of Thailand"?

It's spoilt. Over-developed and outside of the beaches and the national park areas, pretty ugly.

There are many properties on sale at unreasonable prices and plenty more you just wouldn't want to live in, especially some of the newer condos where swinging a mouse, let alone a cat, would be impossible in some of the rooms.

There was a thread a short time ago, perhaps the one linked to this which I haven't checked, where this was discussed in depth.

Kay, I know you are in the Real Estate business and perhaps you started this thread to try to convince yourself that what you claim to believe is actually true. And maybe it is, but just not at the current price level or the demographic you'd probably like.

• Like 2

When I am stuck in traffic on a dirty eyesore of a road, when I see the piles of rubbish on the side of the road and even on the beach, when I see the and hear the new wave of tourists annoying the expats and regular tourists, when I am drawing money out of my bank account to pay the extortion fee to get two young English guys out of Patong Police Station's cells, do I think of Phuket as the "jewel of Thailand"?

It's spoilt. Over-developed and outside of the beaches and the national park areas, pretty ugly.

There are many properties on sale at unreasonable prices and plenty more you just wouldn't want to live in, especially some of the newer condos where swinging a mouse, let alone a cat, would be impossible in some of the rooms.

There was a thread a short time ago, perhaps the one linked to this which I haven't checked, where this was discussed in depth.

Kay, I know you are in the Real Estate business and perhaps you started this thread to try to convince yourself that what you claim to believe is actually true. And maybe it is, but just not at the current price level or the demographic you'd probably like.

Ok well thank you for your comments. I don't actually think the same like you. I first came to Thailand 20 years ago and it is what it is. I decided to live here because i love it. Ok it is corrupt but i know that already and it did not deter me. I do not understand why so many people on this and other forums want to slate it? I think Phuket is better than most tourist destinations especially i do not like Pattaya (personal choice). I do really believe that Phuket is the best you can get in terms of investment for the foreigner in Thailand. Sorry if people do not agree but it is a choice thing. Why did i start the tread….. so many people with so many opinions … it made me laugh in a strange kind of way.

• Like 1

Ok well thank you for your comments. I don't actually think the same like you. I first came to Thailand 20 years ago and it is what it is. I decided to live here because i love it. Ok it is corrupt but i know that already and it did not deter me. I do not understand why so many people on this and other forums want to slate it? I think Phuket is better than most tourist destinations especially i do not like Pattaya (personal choice). I do really believe that Phuket is the best you can get in terms of investment for the foreigner in Thailand. Sorry if people do not agree but it is a choice thing. Why did i start the tread….. so many people with so many opinions … it made me laugh in a strange kind of way.

"Phuket is the best you can get in terms of investment" - compared to what?

I have a few properties in a few different countries, on two different continents, but I would never buy a property in Thailand, let alone, Phuket.

Happy to rent here, long term, but not buy here.

• Like 2

Well, it would have to do with condos, as westerners are banned from owning property.

An investment would be something you could realistically by and sell.

Admitted you have to have balls to invest in Thailand, but is that not what real investors have?

No brains?

Edited by Shot
  • Like 1

Not so sure about these days--but a quick profit was definitely to be had about 10 years ago in Phuket--a 'Man I know' bought land at 750,000 baht per Rai and sold same land about 3 years later for 4.5 Million baht per Rai--it was stupid even building property on the land--but that is in hindsight.

I have a few properties in a few different countries, on two different continents, but I would never buy a property in Thailand, let alone, Phuket.

i am not comparing anywhere else in the world, like i said - best in Thailand. Please this is my opinion and i do not expect everyone to feel the same.. I was just making my point only. Good to hear other peoples opinion, do not have to be upset about it

No one has mentioned the climate on Phuket 'Island' unless I missed it. Crap there except from November to March. The Andaman

Ocean is dangerous at many resorts too ! Wouldn't live there or pay those silly prices.

i am not comparing anywhere else in the world, like i said - best in Thailand. Please this is my opinion and i do not expect everyone to feel the same.. I was just making my point only. Good to hear other peoples opinion, do not have to be upset about it

Well, it helps if you can back up your opinions, preferably with some statistical data.

"like i said - best in Thailand" - well, Mogadishu is the best place to invest in Somalia, but you wouldn't invest there, so why would someone invest here? :)

• Like 2

Property investment can bring great returns but in my experience, which is long and varied, it should not be the investment choice for anyone wanting to make a quick buck. Personally I would take a long view of 5 to 10 years if buying something purely for investment. This takes into account the cycle of rises and falls that will affect the value. Right now clearly the market is falling and has been for a few years, not that many will admit this. Again, in my experience, there is not such thing as a stagnant or static market. It is always going in a direction and if it's is not up it's definitely heading in the other direction. But that's not a problem it will U-turn at some point. I'm still getting my head around the mechanics of the market here but I would say that as soon as the baht weakens and countries with our traditional buyer bases pull themselves up again, the market will pick up and start rising bringing property prices with them. In my home market of course I am used to the market nose diving and them flying back up again like a rocket, although I seem to be the only one that remembers at the time.

I decided to move to Phuket because of what was available in terms of schools, transport (air), leisure facilities, shopping facilities, hospitals etc. Beaches and tourist type things didn't really figure into it. But when I'm down I take my Ninja for a spin around the coastal roads, sea to my right, mountains to my left, and think I am lucky and made the right decision to come here.

SDM

• Like 2