The Next Life

elgordo38

I went to fill up my water jugs today and talked to the woman that services them. I mentioned that her water was always so clean. She told me that she has multiple filters to ensure the best water quality. Her reasoning was she wants to be honest with people so that she has good karma in her next life. First off I have a g/f who is Buddist and I respect her religion and remind her nightly to say her prayers to Budda. My question is has there ever been any documented proof of anyone remembering a past life that they have lived. I know in North America they hypnotize people and take them back over many lifetimes. Some of these have proven to really happen.

Past life regression, whilst it may have had interesting stories and curiosities it has never been proven.

Thai people are very suprtstitious and to us westerners alot of what they do may seem odd and even ridiculous at times. It is their belief, and like any "belief" its an individual thing.

My own opnion is religion generally is a fairy story for adults, an invisible friend, but thats "my" belief others obviously have their own.

As none of it can be scientifically proved, it all remains just a "belief".

Edited by CharlieH

no it does not exist....and some well educated Buddhist see it as symbolic as the cycle of life....No that really you are born again....people die and people get born again.....

You are the results of the connections in your brain, if it is dead, it is as dead as if you pull the cord on your computer....

no it does not exist....and some well educated Buddhist see it as symbolic as the cycle of life....No that really you are born again....people die and people get born again.....

You are the results of the connections in your brain, if it is dead, it is as dead as if you pull the cord on your computer....

Nobody, can say for sure if it exists or doesn't exist.

Also nothing to do with religion.

I believe in nature and nature recycles.

As we are part of nature, who can deny, that we are being recycled?

So you don't think that there's some sort of Supercomputer out there that feeds and retains all our brain connections?

If we assume there is such a thing as incarnation one must wonder where the souls are coming from as population increases.

Or do we share a single soul and intellect and just become more stupid for every new growing generation?

Past life regression, and indeed any form of information gathered by hypnosis, e.g. recovered memories of alien abduction or childhood sexual abuse, are completely distrusted and unacceptable to the vast majority of qualified psychologists and psychiatrists.

It has become clear over the years that false memories are supplied and implanted, and encouraged by the questions asked, and by the eagerness of the hypnotised subject to please the questioner while in a highly suggestible state.

This type of "evidence" has lost all credibility almost everywhere, except among the scamming or deluded community.

Just think: if you ask a hypnotised subject to "go back to the life before your birth", this is already telling the subject what to say.

That is you are telling a person, under hypnosis, that they DID have a past life, because of the form of your question.

This strongly motivates them to subconsciously fabricate something to fit in with the question, based on their knowledge of past life stories that everyone has seen countless times on films and TV.

I have had two friends now in the last ten years who have had very 'near death experience's.' I have asked both of them about what they saw or remembered of it because we read all these stories about people who have seen relatives waiting or white lights in tunnels and so on, and others who say they have risen out of their own bodies and are watching themselves on their death bed.

Well; both my friends reported they saw, felt or remembered absolutely nothing, zilch. They both said it was like sleeping and then waking up as you would in normal circumstances. Personally i have never believed in any form of afterlife but it's an individual thing and if 'believing' gives some people comfort then good luck to them.

It always amazes me that those people who are born again or remember past lives were always famous ,never some poor downtroden slave ,also that aliens come hundreds of lightyears to our planet and instead of connecting with world leaders they give some redneck in the boondocks an anal probe. strange thatrolleyes.gif

• Like 2

The way I see it that everyone goes down for the big dirt nap!

Some people accept that it's the end and there's nothing more while others believe in all sorts of things as long as there is some form of being after they die.

They will cling on to whatever faith they have in the hope that they will hook up with family and friends in the afterlife or come back as a better person etc.

Nothing's ever been proven so just live a good life and die and then you'll find out

Don't forget there's a multi billion dollar industry based on the afterlife question !

Life's a pinch of shit when you look at it deaths a joke lalalalalala

T

"The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff."

Carl Sagan, Cosmos

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff."

Carl Sagan, Cosmos

Yeah , i know he smoked a lot of pot......

Carl Sagan, Cosmos

He is actually correct. Carl I mean.

Carl Sagan, Cosmos

True,when anyone ask's my i age i say 10 billion years,as everything thing in my body came from the big bang,i have had a few comments saying i look pretty good for my age.

• Like 1

Carl Sagan, Cosmos

True,when anyone ask's my i age i say 10 billion years,as everything thing in my body came from the big bang,i have had a few comments saying i look pretty good for my age.

I believe he is right. Or at least more correct than the religious fools

Could i come back as a bird,i mean a feathered one,like an eagle,is there a tick box for this,second choice,well i would like to see what kind of fun a potato has,or even a carrot,they do have feeling's to,i heard my lettuce give out a scream when i sliced it the other night.Possibly time i went to bed,dreaming of victory over the vegetable kingdom.

Could i come back as a bird,i mean a feathered one,like an eagle,is there a tick box for this,second choice,well i would like to see what kind of fun a potato has,or even a carrot,they do have feeling's to,i heard my lettuce give out a scream when i sliced it the other night.Possibly time i went to bed,dreaming of victory over the vegetable kingdom.

Good night mate, you sound like you need a rest.

The cycle of life is finite, but the question is what happens to your consciousness. If one embraces the wave theory of quantum physics, then the physical world is nothing but a manifestation of our conscious mind. So which came first, the chicken or the egg?

• Like 1

Carl Sagan, Cosmos

We are all made of matter although some of us don't matter..lol

Seriously though, matter is atoms and is not destroyed justvre formed to,different combinations.

So,I,guess that could be deemed reincarnation

I have vague memories of the 1812 retreat from Russia,and since the op have found myself walking around with one arm up my shirt,shouting" Ney,where is Ney" it could be worse,i could be shouting were is Guderian and the panzer's.

post-54430-0-77017800-1402328690_thumb.j

Proof can be a strange topic. Invariably when someone asks for "proof" the standards change as the data begins to come in. First it's "proof," then the rebuttal that "it's not evidence," then "studies," then "peer reviewed," then "double blind," etc. What is the proof of past lives? Well, considering "science" can't remotely construct a paradigm regarding something they can't even now explain- the mind not being the sole product of brain- let alone existing independent of matter, it can hardly construct a test to seek "proof."

The literature is filled with anecdotal and in depth information regarding past lives: the young American boy who asserted he was x, a solider who died in world war2, and after providing detailed, exhaustive information the family and others confirmed it; I think a book called something like Bridey Murphy provides a really curious example of surviving one body (it's been years). But the first story, about the boy- there are numerous others that are strikingly similar. What they also seem to have in common is how adolescence eventually ends the intrusive memories.

My personal jury is still out but I can't dismiss that in my reading-travels I often come across various stories, from different cultures, that suggest something is going on. I place considerably less credibility in these stories when adults are involved. The power of an adult's developed faith has a way of polluting any credibility, whether intentionally or not- people just dress their experiences in the clothes they are accustomed to wearing. People assert a reality they want to affirm, or create an illusion for import amongst their peers. Children haven't yet developed these faculties; their stories are compelling.

Edited by arjunadawn

Proof can be a strange topic. Invariably when someone asks for "proof" the standards change as the data begins to come in. First it's "proof," then the rebuttal that "it's not evidence," then "studies," then "peer reviewed," then "double blind," etc. What is the proof of past lives? Well, considering "science" can't remotely construct a paradigm regarding something they can't even now explain- the mind not being the sole product of brain- let alone existing independent of matter, it can hardly construct a test to seek "proof."

The literature is filled with anecdotal and in depth information regarding past lives: the young American boy who asserted he was x, a solider who died in world war2, and after providing detailed, exhaustive information the family and others confirmed it; I think a book called something like Bridey Murphy provides a really curious example of surviving one body (it's been years). But the first story, about the boy- there are numerous others that are strikingly similar. What they also seem to have in common is now adolescence eventually ends the intrusive memories.

My personal jury is still out but I can't dismiss that in my reading-travels I often come across various stories, from different cultures, that suggest something is going on. I place considerably less credibility in these stories when adults are involved. The power of an adult's developed faith has a way of polluting any credibility, whether intentionally or not- people just dress their experiences in the clothes they are accustomed to wearing. People assert a reality they want to affirm, or create an illusion for import amongst their peers. Children haven't yet developed these faculties; their stories are compelling.

Hey Mate hope your good,i too wonder about this,sometimes i have dreams that involve people i have never met,could these be a sort of ember in the memory,or something i have watched in a movie or something,mostly i do enjoy my dreams,i have few bad one's but when i do they are really bad,i dunno,but it seems i have something of a previous memory ,not the joking post i put above,but like a long time ago,i was wearing animal skins and suchlike,if only we could record dreams in a visual medium,shit,now i have just given google an idea on a plate!

The literature is filled with anecdotal and in depth information regarding past lives: the young American boy who asserted he was x, a solider who died in world war2, and after providing detailed, exhaustive information the family and others confirmed it; I think a book called something like Bridey Murphy provides a really curious example of surviving one body (it's been years). But the first story, about the boy- there are numerous others that are strikingly similar. What they also seem to have in common is now adolescence eventually ends the intrusive memories.

Hey Mate hope your good,i too wonder about this,sometimes i have dreams that involve people i have never met,could these be a sort of ember in the memory,or something i have watched in a movie or something,mostly i do enjoy my dreams,i have few bad one's but when i do they are really bad,i dunno,but it seems i have something of a previous memory ,not the joking post i put above,but like a long time ago,i was wearing animal skins and suchlike,if only we could record dreams in a visual medium,shit,now i have just given google an idea on a plate!
I just read the "Bridey Murphry" Reviews I cited above and it may not be my best point; lots of skeptics. But my point remains true: too many stories regarding the children to be simply dismissed

In essence, I think Carl Jung was close. There is a place in the interior, when we begin to retreat inside, either thru meditation or the journey to sleep, where we cross the same landmarks similarly. This place is where an EEG might note delta, a meditator might declare samadhi, or a lucid dreamer begin willfully acting out dreams. It's a sort of collective energy and it's in this locale that people assert they've noted others, been out of body, had near death, perhaps saw god, perhaps relieved illumination, or had impressed sensations that they later concluded they lived a previous life. This is an animated field of consciousness, if you will, where the individual joins the collective.

However, this is also the place that sages warn not to Tary, while exotic and easy to develop remarkable insights, this is not the prize; this is not near enlightenment. I suspect it's possible for memory to continue here, memories that repeat, and for you to have this reoccurring experience. I had one also once involving a cemetery that I flew over- repeatedly for years. I believe this is a point you can develop and experience more richly without fear.

Edited by arjunadawn