Laptop problem: sudden shutdown

arminbkk

Also I would recommend 4TH floor in MBK outside Power city their is a guy there that does all the work for Power city as they surprisingly don't have any Technicians working there.

He is in front of the Samsung store. He will back-up everything for you and fix your Laptop so its running perfectly!

Pan-tip is dodge!

Thanks! Will consider that.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies above!!

@Bpuumike post #15: the problem occurs when I start up the laptop after it has been off for 8 hours or more, so it does not shutdown just because of overheating.

@NeverSure post #17: my laptop battery has been 'dead' for months already. I took it out just recently to see if that would make a difference re the shutdown problem,

but it did not.

I've had this problem for about 2 weeks now.

@Sirchai post #21: I don't get the 'safe mode' option, only the 'repair option' and 'normal start-up' option.

I did the repair option today and after about 25 minutes it concluded that it could not 'repair the system automatically' and asked whether I wanted to

send a report to Microsoft or not. I choose not to, after which the laptop did continue with an uninterrupted start-up.

I tried to do a disk defragmentation analysis, but after 1 hour it was still only showing "1%" so I cancelled that.

I think I will first get some external hard drive and copy all important stuff on it and then take it to a shop.

Hopefully the laptop will breakdown not just yet, before I have copied everything.

Thanks for all replies!

Again its your hard drive that is failing! If it wont Defrag obliviously it a problem with your Hard Drive! now I am 100% sure.

I also did a disk check: that did not move along either. I let it run for 4 hours, when I came it was still at 0%!!

Believe me that's a sure sign of hard drive failure, the more you mess around the more likely your Hard drive will fail completely.

Time to visit a technician he will back everything up and replace your files back onto your Laptop along with your Operating system and software..

It's time to visit the repair shop,

open up command prompt and type

chkdsk C:

then repeat for the other drive.

If it finds errors you can chkdsk /f :C and will fix the errors

The bottom line is though the more you fanny about with it the greater the likelihood of your drive dying.

Even if it fixed them its still time for a new drive, I would recommend Western Digital brand.

Thanks for all the replies above!!

@Bpuumike post #15: the problem occurs when I start up the laptop after it has been off for 8 hours or more, so it does not shutdown just because of overheating.

@NeverSure post #17: my laptop battery has been 'dead' for months already. I took it out just recently to see if that would make a difference re the shutdown problem,

but it did not.

I've had this problem for about 2 weeks now.

@Sirchai post #21: I don't get the 'safe mode' option, only the 'repair option' and 'normal start-up' option.

I did the repair option today and after about 25 minutes it concluded that it could not 'repair the system automatically' and asked whether I wanted to

send a report to Microsoft or not. I choose not to, after which the laptop did continue with an uninterrupted start-up.

I tried to do a disk defragmentation analysis, but after 1 hour it was still only showing "1%" so I cancelled that.

I think I will first get some external hard drive and copy all important stuff on it and then take it to a shop.

Hopefully the laptop will breakdown not just yet, before I have copied everything.

Thanks for all replies!

A good solution would be to download "YourUninStaller pro". Free a lot of space, get rid of unwanted programs that always leave parts on your system.

A very good program to check your hard drive's health is "Hard drive sentinel". Try that, if the hard drive seems to be okay, then get back to this forum.

Good luck!!

• Like 1

Also I would recommend 4TH floor in MBK outside Power city their is a guy there that does all the work for Power city as they surprisingly don't have any Technicians working there.

He is in front of the Samsung store. He will back-up everything for you and fix your Laptop so its running perfectly!

Pan-tip is dodge!

That's a good one to know as I agree Panthip can be very dodgy.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 6/7/2014 at 6:04 PM, Gsxrnz said:

Open it up and remove/replace them. If unsure, a techi at Tukcom or similar will probably do it for 2-300B. Get it cleaned out while they're inside it - that will help your overheating issue as well.

It's easy to clean them with an eraser. They often loose contact and cause such issues.

But 3 GB isn't not enough and the machine seems to be full with old updates, etc.

Clean your drive C by going to "Properties", then disc clean up.

When the disc clean up shows up how much you can free up, you can also delete system files "Clean up System Files". That could give you the chance to delete a few old installations and updates as well.

I'm not a friend of AVG free, try Kaspersky Trial for one month free. If you think you have a virus, CC Cleaner won't catch it.

Kaspersky also offers a so called KVRT, Kaspersky removal tool, you should run before you put on the Trial version of it.

You can find the tool here:

https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/free-virus-removal-tool

A 14 days free Kaspersky Total Security here:

https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/total-security-free-trial#download

You can buy a cheap activation key from e-bay for  few baht, no need to run these fishy free wannabe programs that often come with problems included.

On 6/8/2014 at 10:08 PM, sirchai said:

A good solution would be to download "YourUninStaller pro". Free a lot of space, get rid of unwanted programs that always leave parts on your system.

A very good program to check your hard drive's health is "Hard drive sentinel". Try that, if the hard drive seems to be okay, then get back to this forum.

Good luck!!

+ 1. I'm using both programs and it's true that the Uninstaller will delete all files that fishy programs leave. 

The option to clean drive C could free up many GB of junk the machine doesn't need.

Hard Drive Sentinel tell you exactly how long the drive was running and when it will die, pretty accurate, to be honest.

But cleaning your memory first with an eraser would help a lot. Then do these steps and you might see if the disc has got an issue.

laptops often give up because tiny ants love the heat inside. perhaps a little clean up would be helpful as well.

have you ever thought to update to W 10? It's still possible for free. Please Google it, it's fully legal.