American Man Arrested for Pattaya Murder

alocacoc

American Man Arrested for Pattaya Murder

225.jpg

An American man has been arrested in Udonthani for the murder of a Thai woman whose body was left in a bag on the roof above a restaurant in Pattaya.

PATTAYA – June 7, 2014 [PDN]; On March 18 the police found the body of a girl who had been murdered and packed into a black bag and left on the roof of Le Petite Planete restaurant . The girl was identified as Ms.Anutsara (Nam) Paja aged 19 from Buriram province. In addition the police had questioned her friends and found out that Ms.Anutsara and her friends (both Thais and foreigners) were going to Koh Lan island.

She witnessed that Ms.Anutsara was packing her bag in her room and after she saw Mr Tim walked down to the ground floor and walked off alone. He looked suspicious because he didn’t tell anyone where he was going. Her friend had been waiting for Ms Anutsara for a long time so she went to her room to look for her but there was no one there. After a few days there was still no sign of her so they called the police who found her body on the roof top, her friend identified the body as Ms.Anutsara because she remembered her anklet.

542721-05.jpg

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/06/07/american-man-arrested-for-pattaya-murder/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-06-07

Edited by Rimmer

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he confessed!

If this is correct as an American citizen, go after him under Thai law. Lock him up and do what is needed.

I totally agree with you stkyricesf and if I may send a brief nota bene to the American Embassy who will no doubt try to have this murderer repatriated. In the Thai justice system your Steven Timothy Rowe will not be denied due process but be treated with respect - as is his entitlement under basic human rights.

While detained in Thailand waiting for his day in court, he will not be subjected to any kind of physical, psychological and/or sexual abuses performed by Thai prison staff either. Unlike back in the United States.

You (the U.S. Department of Justice) therefore need to take a leaf out of the Thai justice system's book and not interfere with this matter any further than you already have.

• Like 1

He's a suspect...thank God no pointing fingers until proven guilty!

In general the pointing is done at suspects. By the time the suspect is proven guilty we are way beyond the pointing stage.

You disappoint me thaivisa. What happened to "she was preparing for the trip and decided to shake her dirty bag outside the window and she fell and landed in the bag on top of the restaraunt"?

If it was the falang found on the roof in a black plastic bag i am sure it would be a open and shut case of suicide.

R.I.P. to young to die.

• Like 2

How could anyone be jealous about a girl in Pattaya? And then allegedly kill her because of that jealously? And foolishly try to hide out in Thailand... maybe he thought he could "blend in" with the locals and escape notice?

What is the point of commenting as to the guilt of this man, nobody here knows what happened or who else was involved so why don't we leave the theories out of this for now

They have caught him and are investigating, nothing much else to say

• Like 2

Did not or could not flee the country? What was he doing in Udonthani if he wasn't fleeing?

If there was an award for the most stupid comment, this would win !

So.. people in Udon Thani are fleeing the law... I think a lot of people in Udon would be offended by your stupid comment !

I missed the arrest by 5 minutes. I was on my way to that bar when I saw a friend in another bar and stopped to say hello. A few minutes later some of the ladies came in telling the story of how the police showed up guns drawn, he put hands up, was handcuffed and gone. Quickly over. They were a tad bit shook up. Other than that, no excitement on Soi Sampan that night. Hope the cops have the right person and if not, do find the right one.

I missed the "what was he doing in Udonthani?" part. Sitting in a bar having a drink, the same as many of us, jerk. There are more than a few farangs up here and while there might be some with a 'questionable' past that doesn't mean a damn thing.