Waiters on Wheels and other food delivery services

toenail

Waiters on Wheels or Door to Door restaurant meal delivery service is a great option to have in Pattaya. When one doesn't want to go out to eat, or too busy to go downtown, find a parking space , wait 20 minutes or more for their meal to be served, this is a great choice. However, one needs to count their change from the delivery boys. Three times since January, I have caught the deliverymen/waiters to (try) to short change me. My order usually is 400-500 baht and I normally do not have the exact amount so give a 1000 baht. The guys always have the exact change ready (assuming it will be from a 1000 baht bill). One time it was 150 baht short...(the guy found it instantly in his left pocket); the second time it was 100 baht bill missing; third time it was only two ten baht coins (slip inside the black bill folder). Yes, I know we should always count our change but I am sometimes too much in a hurry. I always tip these men who deliver the food so it isn't necessary to short change me... I know, - it is a coincidence.

• Like 1

OP, I think you are misunderstanding Thai Culture. As a farang you are

expected to be rich and dumb. As such it is only natural to try and

extract more tip from you than any thai customer would possibly give them.

Therefore, ALWAYS have the PROPER CHANGE handy. And tip the customary zero

baht to ten baht the Thais tip - Just ask your thai g/b/f to pay ... ;-)

Good luck,

luudee