Where To Buy High End iPod Headphones?

junglechef

Want to purchase real good sounding headphones for my iPhone. Is there a place to get Bose or another high end brands. Beats by Dr. Dre might be good but I wary as there are so many fakes here. The Apple Stores have decent ones (Marshall etc.) but don't have exactly what I'm looking for and so far my search thru the computer malls haven't come up with anything very good. Is there a store like Munkong Gadget (link below) in BKK here? As I like to hear them first as many have a different sound I'd rather not buy and have shipped from overseas, plus I don't want to deal with the potential problems inherent with shipping here. As I use then while Mt. Biking, which shakes my head around a lot, a sports version or any kind that wraps around the ear or head would be preferable.

Thanks, JC

http://www.munkonggadget.com/?lang=th

http://th.beatsbydre.com/Earphones/EarphonesCLP,th_TH,sc.html

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/sport_headphones/index.jsp

I purchased some Dr Dre earplug style phones about a year ago from a stall in Anusan market. I doubt they are the real deal but the sound is good and they dont fall out of my ears like other brands tend to. Id say they would be great for Mtn bike rides and the remote switch on the cord is a great feature. I use them with my IPod nano.... never missed a beat.

• Like 1

Paradise park small shop behind pizza company.

Interchange building 1st floor in middle.

Although buying in Thailand the prices are heavily taxed.

Bose dealers although i do not rate their earphone products that much available at major malls such as central world, paragon, Paradise park etc.

Edited by negreanu
  • Like 1

Paradise park small shop behind pizza company.

Interchange building 1st floor in middle.

Although buying in Thailand the prices are heavily taxed.

Bose dealers although i do not rate their earphone products that much available at major malls such as central world, paragon, Paradise park etc.

Are any of these places in CM? Is there a Bose dealer in any malls or anywhere in CM?

I purchased some Dr Dre earplug style phones about a year ago from a stall in Anusan market. I doubt they are the real deal but the sound is good and they dont fall out of my ears like other brands tend to. Id say they would be great for Mtn bike rides and the remote switch on the cord is a great feature. I use them with my IPod nano.... never missed a beat.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm looking for high-fi quality sounding headphones. I've tried the obviously, by the price, and admittedly by the seller, fake Beats and found them fine for 300 bht (and some fakes selling for full price) but I'm looking for some "really good sounding" ones as I mentioned in my OP. Some earbuds stay in ok but when flying down a "rock garden" as Mt Bikers call an area full of boulders where often it is necessary to go over one or two, or a "rocks and roots" single track trail, something more secure is necessary as I wouldn't want one to fall out and get caught in my spokes (though some other TV members might enjoy this mental picture). With this in mind one with bluetooth would be great. The "powerbeats" in the Dr. Dre link I provided is the kind of thing I'd like to find for instance.

Okay thought I would throw in my 2 cents here.

I'm aware you don't want to import. No idea if these are available in Thailand either but they would be I imagine easily imported from other asian countries. Forgive me if I'm not up to speed as I've just arrived in Chiang Mai so no idea how reliable the post is or what the import duties are like. I know in the UK you can often avoid the duties by luck.

Bluetooth Wireless handset currently using these with my old Shure e4c IEMs and works very well so if you go wired worth considering.

Flange earbuds allow you to have a secure fit and they shouldn't budge and I find them comfortable. Currently replacing my Shure OEM buds or Comply buds.

Jaybird Bluebuds when smartphone was in my pocket did experience the odd signal drop otherwise really good bassy sound and can't be beat for size, but pricy. Use with flanged buds they won't fall out.

To clarify are you looking for IEMs (fantastic isolation), on-ear earphones or headphones? If headphones and you are cycling I would be worried about how weather proof they are and being too hot leaving you with sweaty ears. If earphones then there are apparently some fantastic Chinese makes such as Havi B3 Professional, check out Head-fi.

Hi Junglechef, glad to know you are still hitting the trails. I feel your pain when it comes to earphones for biking. These days I use Samsung earbuds, which sound way better than the Apple equivalents. Not truly high end, perhaps, but very good quality, available all over town, come with different size plugs, lanyard controls. I found a way to loop them through the back of my helmet so if they slip out of the ear they don't go far.

I also have a set of the Jaybird bluetooth earphones, bought from the States, which sound great and are way cool, until you put thrm through the washing machine.post-17988-0-40102900-1402402601_thumb.j

• Like 1

I am no expert on this, but I've aways gotten the idea that if you are using MP3 files and such, the music is never going to sound very good. Hi-end headphones might be a waste of money.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-02/why-audio-compression-sounds-so-bad

So true. Unless you have flac format files (about 20-30 MB file size per song--and not every player plays this format), it's a waste of money to spend any more than 2k baht for headphones. I have standard headphones for my ipod and nicer ones for home use. Also, if you're above a certain age, your ears' listening range has pretty much deteriorated anyway. As with wine, we are all pretty good at fooling ourselves that pricier is better.

T

• Like 2

where is the shop near airport plaza?

ive moved here, selling my tube equipped vinyl system of high quality and my tube equpped headphone amp and sennheiser 600s and now have nothing but computer and $200 logitech speakers.

i would like to get an amp and over the ear headphones here.

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am no expert on this, but I've aways gotten the idea that if you are using MP3 files and such, the music is never going to sound very good. Hi-end headphones might be a waste of money.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-02/why-audio-compression-sounds-so-bad

As long as the mp3s are 256 or 320kbps it doesn't really matter, infant a 192kbps mp3 on a hifi portable player may sound better then a lossless file on a ipod