Sing Buri speeding up checking of rice stockpiles

webfact

Sing Buri speeding up checking of rice stockpiles

SING BURI 9 June 2014 (NNT) — Sing Buri is quickening its pace to check the rice stockpiles in the province's 19 warehouses. Some of the rice have reportedly been infested with moths and covered in dust.

Governor of Sing Buri Pongrat Phiromratana is working closely with army officials to expedite checking the quantity of rice pledged by farmers who participated in the 2013/2014 rice season.

The quantity of rice examined matched the correct amount of that pledged by the farmers. However, some warehouses were found to have been very dusty, with some areas in the warehouses beginning to be infested with moths.

So far, four out of the 19 warehouses in Sing Buri have been checked and cleared; meanwhile, 5 other warehouses reportedly have some problems. Further inspection is still underway.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-09 footer_n.gif

I recently bought a small bag of rice labeled "premium" and I never opened it. The following week, I traveled for a month and when I returned home it was full of bugs (bag still sealed), nothing else in the pantry was affected. Nasty.

I now bought a vacuum packed bag of "organic" rice (don't know if that means anything here), but I am still weary. Might just discard rice when I go out of town to avoid a repeat of the above situation.

I hold the Yingluck administration personally responsible for the existence of dust and moths, no matter the cause. Corruption yet to unfold is her conspiracy with mosquitoes and the dengue.

• Like 1

The Singburi governor has a bad reputation here and is not trusted and indeed feared by many.

As long as the army are involved in these checks then they should be done in an honest manner, but without them..................................

"The quantity of rice examined matched the correct amount of that pledged by the farmers."

So much for billions of metric tons being missing.

Yellow Wah!

The Red Wah, of course is -- why did people take accusations as fact? Now Yingunlucky is gone...

Good question, but still a Wah! There was too much crap going on. The idiots (and I do mean idiots) who threatened secession were politically suicidal dolts.

Resume rants.

I recently bought a small bag of rice labeled "premium" and I never opened it. The following week, I traveled for a month and when I returned home it was full of bugs (bag still sealed), nothing else in the pantry was affected. Nasty.

I now bought a vacuum packed bag of "organic" rice (don't know if that means anything here), but I am still weary. Might just discard rice when I go out of town to avoid a repeat of the above situation.

Weevils. The eggs are in some grains of rice. If you don't consume it within a short time, put it in a freezer for 24 hours to kill any live eggs. We consume various rices and now keep bulk purchases in a dedicated chest freezer in close fitting sealed polyethylene containers decanting it in small quantities. No more weevil problem.

• Like 1

"The quantity of rice examined matched the correct amount of that pledged by the farmers."

So much for billions of metric tons being missing.

Yellow Wah!

The Red Wah, of course is -- why did people take accusations as fact? Now Yingunlucky is gone...

Good question, but still a Wah! There was too much crap going on. The idiots (and I do mean idiots) who threatened secession were politically suicidal dolts.

Resume rants.

In 4 warehouses so far looked at out of 19 in one small province.

When the whole country has been looked at and every ton accounted for then you can continue your rants.

• Like 1

It is that hard to open 19 buildings and look inside.

Isn't this place under constant daily supervision?

Yes, but ... I suppose that an "in depth" inspection

btw - probably the very first time it's being done,

would entail a few hours if done correctly. By that

I mean taking culture examples, etc.

Beyond that, I am thouroughly impressed that it is

happening at all. Big thumbs up

Weevils. The eggs are in some grains of rice. If you don't consume it within a short time, put it in a freezer for 24 hours to kill any live eggs. We consume various rices and now keep bulk purchases in a dedicated chest freezer in close fitting sealed polyethylene containers decanting it in small quantities. No more weevil problem.

Thanks for the tip. It was disturbing to see all these little black bugs squirming around. I thought they were sawtooth bugs but regardless of their name, I will try your method. Thank you.