More trouble with queue online CNX

hugocnx

Just a story what happened this afternoon at immigration.

I booked a reservation for spouse visa extension of stay same as I did last year.

Wasn't aware (even last yearwhistling.gif ) about some posts already circulating on Thaivisa.

Last year I wasn't sure what was going on, first time, but had a feeling Imm wasn't aware of any appointment.

So when the inspector (desk 3) was idle after helping a couple, (already overdue), I took my chance and slipped in.

She said she 'knew' and we were up first. Okay, piece a cake and out in half an hour, the lady was nice;.but, had it really been our turn?

This year however we came in at 13:15 and 15 mins befor our appointment. The two counters 4 and 5 were not yet at work. Can happen as they might have gone for lunch later as well.

Then the first couples were invited. Desk 4 through the display counter and desk 3 without any announcement.

Okay, first couple probably had the earlier appointment after lunch, so we waited. That took one hour and meanwhile desk 4 went on by the item counter.

But we weren't next at counter 3, not at 4 and not next and not at all.

Tried to get the information counter to tell us when it would be our turn.

Wait in the queue, please was all we got. They didn't even look at the queue printout.

We tried some more Imm people and all we got was: wait please, very busy.

Well, in all my 8 years going to Imm it never was as quiet on a monday as today.

So we got a bit irritated and so was the Imm to my wife as she went in for another try at desk 4 this time.

16:30 already and if my wife hadn't got in a bit angry, we would still sit there so to say.

The lady at counter 3 took us in all unexpected and lady 4 was about to go home.

Another couple was standing at the info counter and looked quite deperate. I believe they had the same experience as we. They were at first just left there standing at the info desk as the kiddo's had other plans for the rest of the day.

Imagine, nobody helped the couple till finally lady 4 took her responsability and asked the couple what they wanted. Short story, they needed an extension of stay as well and had also booked on the queue online.

Besides there was another fellow that waited almost as long as we did and he didn't get it either.

Some small talk from Imm was that they already helped some online queuers. What? It is their idea and system!

There were no calls thru the PA system.

There was insufficient attention by all Imm peole asked.

The queue online system is probably not meant for CNX.

They distribute probably to many queue numbers in the early morning and get into trouble later on.

The people handing out the queue numbers ought to be aware of the number of online queuers.

Why was desk 3 not operating by the item counter and were names called very silently, not over the PA.

Story might be incomplete, but maybe other members have had same problems.

Use the queue system and be bold enough to get your 'rights', or just be a sheep and queue in the line at 07:00 to get your number and come back later?

Cheers.

• Like 2

All I will add is the staffing seemed 'short' and agents apparently queue-hopped. The counter kids were on work experience and had little appreciation of procedure which annoyed my wife after waiting 90mins for our 1530 online appt.

Yes and I forgot to mention in my OP that I understand that the workload is pretty high and that Imm people normally stay pretty nice and smiling under these circumstances. Respect. I'd probably already quit the job.

This guy at the info desk, however,is a slick guy, speaks very well English and keeps the yim up.

But FCOL, sitting there and redressing his hair, talking way tooo long on the phone when there are customers and also making selfies. And we are supposed to behave and dress properly.sad.png

I've only lived here 10 years, so I suppose I am rather a newbie.......but what the ferk is CNX????????????

Ummm ... this is the Chiang Mai forum and you've lived "here" for ten years and CNX is a mystery?

Thai Visa never fails to amaze.

Care to guess what BKK is?

people amaze me i mean were, what, how,,is this guy exsisting in the real world,propaly a hermit in chiang dao forest monastry,only logical reason.

The queue online system is probably not meant for CNX

Not sure what that means but this is the first I've read of any significant issues using the online queue system in Chiang Mai (CNX) and I pretty much read all of them. And that is over about a 2 year period. I would just say it was a bad hair day unless I start reading more like this and see a trend starting.

Not sure what that means but this is the first I've read of any significant issues using the online queue system in Chiang Mai (CNX) and I pretty much read all of them. And that is over about a 2 year period. I would just say it was a bad hair day unless I start reading more like this and see a trend starting.

I used the queue last March 2014 and I had a similar problem. Booking queue just after lunch ( 13h00 ). At 13h00 I went to the 2 guys standing at information to let them know I was there. Was told to sit; never looked at my name on the booking copy. The 2 officers doing retirement ( one male one female) came in and instead of calling my name started with customer from the room queue.

I waited and after 20 minutes they called another local queue. Went again this time directly to the officers and asked them about the queue. They say they were busy and go back wait. Between 13h00 and 13h45 they did not call anybody by name for the extension online queue. I guess some other people were also waiting....

I again went to the counter and told the guy I was going to stand there near the counter and wait until they call my name..... A little after 14h00 they took be in the back behing the walled section and another officer did my extension in less than 10 minutes.no questions, no comments.

I agree with the original poster that the online queue has some problems. The list should be on the information desk and they shoukd note our name and advise the extension officer that the customer is there. Mine was retirement , I do not know if the other extension officers ( business, marriage etc,,,,) are more professional with usage of the online queue.

Finally, I can add last year in March 2012, I also had online queue problems and had to wait more that 30 minutes after the online booking. I saw one of the officer serving 2 ladies customers that broke the lines, possibly agents because they went in without number called. The other was serving local queue.

I am glad that some people have no problems but the system needs improvement....

Given the OP's appt. was for 1330 and ours for 1530, all those agents who gained an audience during our 90 min wait were either booked online or circumventing the system. The OP's interviewing officer had a stack of retirement extension applications which towered [from desk level] above her head by end of day. It isn't rocket science.

Yes, I had a similar problem once with a 10 am on-line queue appointment. I arrived at 9:45 am -- went to the center counter to "check in" and was told to sit, I'd be called with no one looking to see if my name was on an appointment list. So and sat and sat. By 10:30 am, I had to use the toilet, so I went to the counter to see if they were going to call me soon. Then someone looked at printed list, gave a little gasp of surprise, trotted to the back and consulted with the officers who were interviewing people from the morning queue, one of them came forward, looking at my on-line queue confirmation slip and their appointment list and took me into the back immediately for processing with that Thai smile to cover the embarrassment that they'd messed up in ignoring my appointment. Fortunately, the processing time wasn't very long since I had an overpowering urge to use the toilet.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

I've only lived here 10 years, so I suppose I am rather a newbie.......but what the ferk is CNX????????????

Ummm ... this is the Chiang Mai forum and you've lived "here" for ten years and CNX is a mystery?

Thai Visa never fails to amaze.

Care to guess what BKK is?

Give the poster a small break, maybe he has never traveled to CM by air. Many people still come and go by bus or train. Maybe the poster just forgot.

To be frank, I have never referred to Chiang Mai or CM as CNX and have rarely seen CNX outside a travel context.

Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago,had appointment

for 3.30, went to the desk and showed my card with date, time,told to

wait, 3.45 still not called,went to desk, just in case they had forgotten,

4.00 clock comes ,went up again,no one at desk,so talked to lady on

90 day desk,she went to other desk and checked the list,she said you

should have been called already, when the girl came back,the 90 day

lady had words with her,and we were called next,it was getting that late

i was worried they were going to close.

All other times I have been its been no problem,called within a few minutes

of appointed time,dont know if its the girl not doing her job,too many agent

applications,money involved so sure to be done first,who knows.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

Wonder where all the geniuses are who never have a problem it is just simply a matter of good planning.

I don't know what their problems were but I was told by the fellow at the back desk that their is a special desk for the appointments. That would explain the people with a number being called before the people with appointments. I have been in there and talked with people that had appointments and had to wait. Half an hour seemed to be the longest.

Maybe they were breaking in new staff.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry then, it was on your own forum.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/630324-immigration-online-queue-appointment-system-is-a-joke/whistling.gif

I used the queue last March 2014 and I had a similar problem. Booking queue just after lunch ( 13h00 ). At 13h00 I went to the 2 guys standing at information to let them know I was there. Was told to sit; never looked at my name on the booking copy. The 2 officers doing retirement ( one male one female) came in and instead of calling my name started with customer from the room queue.

I waited and after 20 minutes they called another local queue. Went again this time directly to the officers and asked them about the queue. They say they were busy and go back wait. Between 13h00 and 13h45 they did not call anybody by name for the extension online queue. I guess some other people were also waiting....

I again went to the counter and told the guy I was going to stand there near the counter and wait until they call my name..... A little after 14h00 they took be in the back behing the walled section and another officer did my extension in less than 10 minutes.no questions, no comments.

I agree with the original poster that the online queue has some problems. The list should be on the information desk and they shoukd note our name and advise the extension officer that the customer is there. Mine was retirement , I do not know if the other extension officers ( business, marriage etc,,,,) are more professional with usage of the online queue.

Finally, I can add last year in March 2012, I also had online queue problems and had to wait more that 30 minutes after the online booking. I saw one of the officer serving 2 ladies customers that broke the lines, possibly agents because they went in without number called. The other was serving local queue.

I am glad that some people have no problems but the system needs improvement....

Yeap, those agents are probably a cause. Maybe we will have to pay ........

• Like 1

Yeap, those agents are probably a cause. Maybe we will have to pay ........

Pretty sure the agents are causing the majority of the problems with online q system & q jumping.

As mentioned there are likely "incentives" involved. With our new masters saying that they wish to eradicate anything that may be a little untoward perhaps it is something for them, you never know!

I am sure they want to keep us Farangs happy. 1512040.gif

In some countries, it is common to have to go through handlers when dealing with government agencies. That hasn't been the case so far in Thailand. Reading this thread, I get the feeling things could be changing and there may come a day when the only way to get anything done at immigration will be through an agent. This could be happening by design or it could simply be that they are swamped and have not been allocated the necessary budget to implement needed expansion. I take the charitable view that it is the latter case.

T

Edited by Thakkar

Perhaps TV [Members] should lobby the NCPO [via the reform process] and request simplification of procedures? A simplified annual renewal system could be implemented and save on trees, time and manpower without cutting back the fees ... I'd happily pay a bit more to NOT have to attend with wifey for the interview ... seems a bit crazy beyond initial year or 3 especially when living in own house.

Perhaps TV [Members] should lobby the NCPO [via the reform process] and request simplification of procedures? A simplified annual renewal system could be implemented and save on trees, time and manpower without cutting back the fees ... I'd happily pay a bit more to NOT have to attend with wifey for the interview ... seems a bit crazy beyond initial year or 3 especially when living in own house.

TIT - the problem with approaching such as the NCPO with anything is that it is 100 per cent certain that their 15 minutes of fame and effectiveness will not be very long in the general frame of things.

Come their demise the potential backlash for pissing off the wrong people could be more than any initial benefits. We are at the bottom of priority lists, probably better to stay there and out of sight?

• Like 1

In some countries, it is common to have to go through handlers when dealing with government agencies. That hasn't been the case so far in Thailand. Reading this thread, I get the feeling things could be changing and there may come a day when the only way to get anything done at immigration will be through an agent. This could be happening by design or it could simply be that they are swamped and have not been allocated the necessary budget to implement needed expansion. I take the charitable view that it is the latter case.

T

You are partially correct. they have been allocated the money to hire 14 new staff. The problem is that Bangkok is going to do the hiring it is not being done here.

Even if they did where would they put the staff?

As I said earlier there is only 10 appointments a day and they are not handled by the two regular officers on the right hand side, I think it is desk 5 and 6.

There is some one else handling them and I strongly suspect he is also handling the ones for the companies that do it all for you. The more that they do the worse it will get for the people in the on line appointment. If there is a lot of ones people paid for I have a feeling they will get preference over the on line appointments.

Had a poster about a month ago claim that they were moving to a new office. Asked when and got no answer.

"There is some one else handling them and I strongly suspect he is also handling the ones for the companies that do it all for you. The more that they do the worse it will get for the people in the on line appointment. If there is a lot of ones people paid for I have a feeling they will get preference over the on line appointments."

So I heard and it is possible that at the many occasions mentioned in this topic, this special desk was not manned.

Maybe the officer was sick or had a training day. Well, in that case an organisation like Imm ought to have replacement staff.

Anyways, I see alot people there hard working, but also alot doing hardly 50%.

But then again, why were people treated like dogs; 'please sit down and wait' is all that came out of them.

Maybe it is a loss of face thing but the same routine happened about a year ago.

See my post above with the link to that story.

Well, we must have been there at the wrong time as I cannot imagine actually that this is a daily routine.

Would finally drive the officers mad.

Edited by hugocnx

As I said earlier there is only 10 appointments a day and they are not handled by the two regular officers on the right hand side, I think it is desk 5 and 6.

Is that more recent as the last 2 times I went for my annual extension based on work I used the queue and always got the lady in the front far right desk?

Is that more recent as the last 2 times I went for my annual extension based on work I used the queue and always got the lady in the front far right desk?

Same here.

Forgive me for being naive and obvious here, but it seems that the online appointment system is of very limited utility.

There are only ten slots available for any given day, and if you don't fire yours in early, exactly 100 days to the desired appointment date, your choices are:

Arrive at CM Imm HQ before sunup and join the other supplicants, OR hire an agent.

Needless to say, I was asleep at the switch when my 100 days came and went. As a public service to my fellow sufferers, I just took a look at Sept. 19, which is 100 days from today (June 11) and found there are THREE slots left. If this is your day....GET IN THERE NOW.

I know this has all been thoroughly hashed out here in the past, but it does affect a lot of people. See you in the parking lot, if I don't weenie out and pay an agent.

Forgive me for being naive and obvious here, but it seems that the online appointment system is of very limited utility.

There are only ten slots available for any given day, and if you don't fire yours in early, exactly 100 days to the desired appointment date, your choices are:

Arrive at CM Imm HQ before sunup and join the other supplicants, OR hire an agent.

Needless to say, I was asleep at the switch when my 100 days came and went. As a public service to my fellow sufferers, I just took a look at Sept. 19, which is 100 days from today (June 11) and found there are THREE slots left. If this is your day....GET IN THERE NOW.

I know this has all been thoroughly hashed out here in the past, but it does affect a lot of people. See you in the parking lot, if I don't weenie out and pay an agent.

Not correct.

If your 100 hundred day window starts at the earliest possible renewal date ( you can renew up to 30 days before due date) then it follows that you have 30 days in which to check for an online slot?

Correct, I checked yesterday and there was even no opportunity to queue in.Every appointment was already taken and 1 day further it was already out of 100 days.

Well, 'reserved' don't mean a thing of course. Was it really reserved or just closed by Imm for being to busy.

If the queue online is that busy and the daily queue is that busy, Imm better do something about it.

Worse scenario might be one ends up showing up days in a row to try to get a queue number untill one is on overstay.

Not correct.

If your 100 hundred day window starts at the earliest possible renewal date ( you can renew up to 30 days before due date) then it follows that you have 30 days in which to check for an online slot?

Sorry, I am mathematically impaired. Are you saying that one can apply for a slot starting at 130 days out? If so, that creates even more pressure on those ten precious slots. Or do I misunderstand?

Not correct.

Sorry, I am mathematically impaired. Are you saying that one can apply for a slot starting at 130 days out? If so, that creates even more pressure on those ten precious slots. Or do I misunderstand?

100 days before!

If your renewal date is 30th August you can start applying for slots from the 1st August as you can renew up to 30 days before due date.

So, you can start to check 100 days before the 1st August and for 30 more days up to 30th August.

Sorry for the delay. It was early October 2013.

That is just what he said to me. Makes sense now with all the people having problems with the system if that is also where the intermediates for money go.

Is Thighlander correct in his post number 29?

If so it still wouldn't make much difference there would still only be 10 slots available.

Edit

I just realized that they would probably prefer the for money intermediates as all the paper work would be in order and they could process more people.

Edited by northernjohn