Shocker Comedian Rick Mayall Dies today age 56

GentlemanJim

If you've been inducted in to the hardcore hall of fame, you're in [1991].

Nice track!

It certainly takes me back to 1991 after listening to it…..

RIP Rick. You brought me some great laughs. Gotto love British humor.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

RIP Rick Mayall

Truly a loss to comedy that cannot be replaced.

Rick (to Madness who are performing in the pub)

: Do you lot know Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard?

Suggs: You hum it... I'll smash your face in.

Rick: I'll go sit over there.

wai.gif

Just had to listen to "The Young Ones " by the original hit record song Cliff Richard while reading this.

Rick mocked mercilessly Sir Cliff Richard who has actually outlived him.

Loved watching the "Young Ones" and watched it over and over again.

I had it on video tape, remember those ancient machines VHS and Betamax.

heard on the radio this morning in the U.K. that there is a social media campaign to get this song to no. 1 in the charts as the unofficial world cup song for England.

got to be better than any of the other crap attempts that are out there at the moment ! thumbsup.gif

a comical genius that will be sorely missed.

• Like 1

Will never forget watching a Young Ones rerun in 1985 when had some young American friends of the family staying.. They are ultra religious/conservatives from Idaho, but nice enough. This guy walked in while I was watching and I was dreading what he would think of it.. But I judged him wrong.. He was howling. I thought it was a bit dated but for him it was the first time and he was probably used to the more sanitised US TV. I do think his wife would have been aghast though..

• Like 1

gee!! and only yesterday I chanced upon some content about him and his quadbike accident of years past.

On youtube - it's heartening to now go back and view his many interviews about dying from it twice on that Thursday years ago - that Easter passes over, and he's revived on the Tuesday; quipping what he experienced throughout that episode, and that he outdid that other 'miracle fellow' everybody hears about for Easter.

I recall what I was doing when Young Ones first burst out onto local OZ Tv.

I was in hospital with an arm almost ripped off from a boating accident in '85.

I never thought anything could make me smile. He(they) did, and I laughed too - even if if it did hurt like heck!! and the nurses put me back onto morphia and laughing gas...

R.I.P Ric

I was right.

Heart attack after jogging.

One of the biggest killers for overweight guys.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2656159/Post-mortem-examination-death-Rik-Mayall-proves-inconclusive-online-campaign-fans-leads-World-Cup-song-heading-number-one-week-death.html

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

"She's got a tongue like an electric eel and likes the taste of a mans tonsils. Woof!!"- Flash

(Please do not remove Scott. My favourite Rik Mayall scene ever from Black Adder - any fan would know it and love it)

• Like 1

heard on the radio this morning in the U.K. that there is a social media campaign to get this song to no. 1 in the charts as the unofficial world cup song for England.

got to be better than any of the other crap attempts that are out there at the moment ! thumbsup.gif

a comical genius that will be sorely missed.

Rik Mayalls Noble England Heading For Top 10 In Official Charts

The late Rik Mayalls lost World Cup single Noble England has climbed 27 places in the midweek chart.

The track is set to challenge Ella Hendersons 'Ghost' in the race to become this weeks number 1 single.

Edited by 7by7

Of all the adjectives that TV could have used to describe this man, I'd say shocker is the most unimaginative...... I guess it's a result of neither being unfamiliar with his work or just plain being philistine?

Edited by wilcopops