Shocker Comedian Rick Mayall Dies today age 56

GentlemanJim

Sorry folks, I don't know where to put this and I doubt it will end up on World News. The jokes and comedy area seemed perfectly appropriate. I personally think this chap's death should be mentioned in a community that likes comedy and humour. Rick did some very very funny stuff, groundbreaking even. No indications yet why he has died but far far too young that's for sure.

RIP Rick, thanks for the Young Ones, Bottom, The New Statesman, Black Adder to name but a few.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/comedy/comedy-news/10887182/Rik-Mayall-dies-aged-56.html

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

Funny guy....... RIP.

Humor can turn a bad day in to a good one. I pity those that don't have a sense of humor, money can't but 1 and those people really miss out!

Laughing is one of the best natural remedies to many types of illness - I can't go a waken hour without a little humor, life is not the same without it !

Ade Edmondson has paid tribute to his comedy partner Rik Mayall who died aged 56.

They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him.

‘And now he’s died for real. Without me. Selfish b*****d.’

• Like 2

Yeah sad news, also grew up watching the young ones. Funny really (not funny like that) I was watching the clip of 'Bambi' the other day............brilliant.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Rik and Ade duo turned UK comedy upside down to create, in my opinion, the funniest stuff I have ever seen and heard.

Perhaps the near fatal accident and coma he had in 1998 has something to do with his early departure...........

The guy is a legend.................RIP

• Like 1

I'm thinking heart attack, he was huge.

Haven't seen anything even slightly funny from him for about 16 years.

Young ones and Comic stip were great (but history)

Sad he died so young.

If you are going to speculate, why not try basing it on some known facts? He was epileptic and had suffered a serious head injury years back.

if to you knew that you would also understand why he wasn't so prolific for the last 16 years.