Pattaya News Clippings are scary

AntiWinter

I love Pattaya but have also been in many countries around the world and always read the local English news papers but I have to admit that reading this really is scary for anyone living or planning to live in Pattaya.

You certainly don't see many "Man saves girl from drowning" articles or "Thai/Expat couple celebrates their 25th anniversary" articles. All death, beatings, suicides, shootings etc.

All death, beatings, suicides, shootings etc.

You are labouring under the misapprehension that these feeble rags are actually anything more than scandal sheets owned by some pretty nefarious characters who use them to justify or give the impression that they, and their equally squalidly criminal pals actually have some standing in Pattaya is as 'leaders/beacons of the expat community' when most are frauds and not the sort of people you'd want to look after your kids/dog....

You probaly see more truth about Pattaya just by looking around you every day than reading that drivel.

They tend to be run/owned by people who pretend to be Lawyers, Diplomats, Rotarians, Doctors etc but the truth is that most are far worse than the much maligned singlet, beer bellied 'sex tourists' they try to denounce; I know who I'd rather drink with....

The most hilarious was the much vaunted 'doctor' who was pushed up as an expert in Thai language and culture but we al know how that panned out....whistling.gif

I share your views about the majority of the media barons, but there are some exceptions, if perhaps a bit bland at times. Sorry but I missed that one about the doctor. Any chance of a link, clue or other tidbit?

Sex and crime sells.. and if we would be allowed to discuss, we might ask why ThaiVisa posts all those "news" articles except for the sponsoring part?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Except perhaps when driving, I have never felt the slightest apprehension about going anywhere in Pattaya and the surrounds.

To be honest mate, i have had very very little problems driving car and motorbike, no more than other places.One has to drive by the conditions though, turn left, look in left mirror etc etc

In addition, they actually do report on many of the positive things that happen and the many good points of living in pattaya.

The best one is that clown that makes up stories, and appears to photo bomb at any opportunity. I believes he might be a pretend lawyer or something like that.

• Like 1

You are labouring under the misapprehension that these feeble rags are actually anything more than scandal sheets owned by some pretty nefarious characters who use them to justify or give the impression that they, and their equally squalidly criminal pals actually have some standing in Pattaya is as 'leaders/beacons of the expat community' when most are frauds and not the sort of people you'd want to look after your kids/dog....

You probaly see more truth about Pattaya just by looking around you every day than reading that drivel.

They tend to be run/owned by people who pretend to be Lawyers, Diplomats, Rotarians, Doctors etc but the truth is that most are far worse than the much maligned singlet, beer bellied 'sex tourists' they try to denounce; I know who I'd rather drink with....

The most hilarious was the much vaunted 'doctor' who was pushed up as an expert in Thai language and culture but we al know how that panned out....whistling.gif

misconception

Which Doctor, or should that be, "WITCH Doctor?"

Within the six years i live in Pattaya;

2 farang friends got killed (stabbed).

2 farang friends got killed in motorcycle crash

1 farang friend got drugged and robbed

2 farangs got beat while driving on their motorcycle and robbed. One of them got badly injured

3 farang friends got burgled in their house.

• Like 1

In addition, they actually do report on many of the positive things that happen and the many good points of living in pattaya.

The best one is that clown that makes up stories, and appears to photo bomb at any opportunity. I believes he might be a pretend lawyer or something like that.

2 farangs got beat while driving on their motorcycle and robbed. One of them got badly injured

Maybe you hang around with the wrong type of friends ?

None of my Pattaya friends have been robbed, killed or drugged.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Maybe you hang around with the wrong type of friends ?

None of my Pattaya friends have been robbed, killed or drugged.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I expected answers like yours. But retroperspective, you're right somehow. At least for one individual i called as a "friend". Now i have nobody in Pattaya who i would call a real friend. But this don't bother me as I'm anyway a lonely wolf. cool.png

I agree with most comments here and I also have rarely seen any of this bad stuff happen with my own eyes however I guess my point was that if someone was thinking about moving to Pattaya and read the news clippings they might view it as a dangerous place.