South Pattaya Nightclub Security Guard arrested for assault on Israeli Brothers

webfact

South Pattaya Nightclub Security Guard arrested for assault on Israeli Brothers

disco-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Late on Sunday Night a fight broke out at a Nightclub on Walking Street which was shown on Thai National TV News forcing Pattaya Police to take decisive action against the venue and those responsible for the altercation.

Two Israeli Brothers, Mr. Eli Aurheem aged 31 and Mr. Dekel Aurheem aged 27 went to Lucifer’s Discotheque on Walking Street but ended up being forcibly removed and were then set-upon by a group of 5-6 Thai Men, who were identified as Security Guards working at the Nightclub.

The entire altercation was caught on cameras and the incident was shown on Thai National TV News which placed added pressure on Pattaya Police to take stern action against those responsible.

After the initial investigation Mr. Eli Aurheem was fined 500 Baht for fighting and one of the guards, Khun Wittaya aged 25 was arrested and charged with assault.

A raid of Lucifer’s Discotheque took place in the early hours of Monday which uncovered irregularities with the Entertainment License.

Inside the venue were patrons under the age of 20, some were not carrying their Thai ID Cards, which is also an offense in Thailand and a number of foreign patrons were urine tested and were found to have recently consumed methamphetamine.

A report of the raid was sent to the Governor of Chonburi Province who may decide to impose a closure notice on the venue.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/131038/south-pattaya-nightclub-security-guard-arrested-for-assault-on-israeli-brothers/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-06-10

• Like 2

One question, Is the legal age for drinking alcohol 20 years old? If so is that only for outside in a bar/disco, or at a private/family party can my 18 year old daughter drink legally with us all. Some beer bottles are marked as 18, and some 20.. This is why im asking. Not a clue to the real legal age to consume alcohol.

• Like 1

One question, Is the legal age for drinking alcohol 20 years old? If so is that only for outside in a bar/disco, or at a private/family party can my 18 year old daughter drink legally with us all. Some beer bottles are marked as 18, and some 20.. This is why im asking. Not a clue to the real legal age to consume alcohol.

My understanding is that (legally) you are supposed to be 20+ to drink in a bar/club/etc, but only have to be 19 to work there !

Even some Thais are unaware of this. Many years ago I remember one person having her 19th birthday party (in an establishment she'd been working in for at least 3 years by that time). They went to another club owned by the same owner and she was refused entrance. Her mamasan even called the owner (to no avail) so they ended up going back to the club she worked in.

(Apparently, if you are 19 and work in a bar/club, you can also drink there as long as you pretend to be also working.)

As for Lucifers, wasn't there a time not too long ago where it used to get raided almost every week, and almost every time they did it they would find the same infractions (underage customers/staff, staff/customers testing positive for drugs, etc). I remember one story where the police conducted a raid and there was a stampede for the (one) entrance, and a number of police got trampled as the staff and customers all tried to escape.

(That place is a deathtrap just waiting for a tragedy to occur.)

i was outside lucifer wehn the israeli guy got beat, this is thai style 5 men beating 1 farang even when already out an on the street, very nice to see that finaly police is forced to take action. I only wondering that they found only some guests under drugs, when i was there on saturday look like 50% are

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Nice to see the policeman's subtly giving the camera the finger also.

Was that one finger or three fingers?

• Like 1

Security cameras are a law-abiding citizens best friend.

I am really happy to hear they are piss testing farangs and I hope those testing positive are swiftly booted right out of Thailand.

That would have the additional benefit of clearing out the Full Moon parties ;-)

BTW, that security guard looks like a very angry fellow.

Only because he was caught and charged - and maybe the kicking he got from the police later ...

But what happened to the other bouncers? The article mentioned 5-6 men (typical) beating up the Israeli brothers - why weren't they all charged?

And yes, I also hope the place is closed down ...

Edited by Mister Fixit

My god, a massive 500 baht fine for assaulting some one. That will certainly be sending

an overpowering message to other security guards to not beat on farangs. On a side note

these were the best odds of I have ever seen for a street fight involving Thais and farangs.

So two farangs against six Thais makes it three on one. That is pretty good here. As these

occurred on Walking Street, clearly there was a shortage of motorcycle taxi guys that

normally pump the odds up to about eight Thais and one farang, thus ensuring the Thais win.

It was the ISRAELI who was fined 500 baht for fighting, NOT the security guard!

"After the initial investigation Mr. Eli Aurheem was fined 500 Baht for fighting and one of the guards, Khun Wittaya aged 25 was arrested and charged with assault."

The Thai chaps assault charge may well get him a far stiffer penalty.

Read and inwardly digest, Mr Eyes not-so Wide Open! facepalm.gifthumbsup.gif

Edited by Mister Fixit
  • Like 1

I am really happy to hear they are piss testing farangs and I hope those testing positive are swiftly booted right out of Thailand.

That would have the additional benefit of clearing out the Full Moon parties ;-)

The sad part is I doubt you even realize urine testing of people is blatant privacy invasion and violation of basic human rights?

Foreigners may have consumed drugs back home but will test positive and get locked up and extorted, but to you, the righteous preacher it's a good news.

I guess you must be one of the quality expats

Most Thais away from the tourist ghettos are pretty decent and are non aggressive. The security guard is most likely a thug, itching for an excuse to beat up a foreigner. And they just as often beat their fellow Thais too.

For the first or second offense of assult, make the perp wear prison stripped overalls, sweep streets and pick up trash, wearing a sign saying "I am a coward, I assaulted another person for no reason" Photograph them with their families and have them apologize for bringing shame on them and their country.

When foreigners assault another person, deport them and permanently bar them from returning to Thailand.

Yeah, it would be easy for corrupt police to abuse, but then the cops are being reformed, right?

A firm hand would greatly reduce this nonsense but its not going to happen. Thailand already has harsh laws about drugs and dim wits continue to smuggle drugs.

tent to slightly disagree with your first line, I cannot speak from experience luckily since I don't look for fights but according to the news reports which I read are most beatings, stabbings and murders away from 'farang ghetto's' or non farang related.

I can remember quite some isaan temple fairs in the news, the construction worker in jomtien etc etc etc

Re security cameras, be careful what you wish for!

Yes, he looks a pissed off &lt;deleted&gt;.

• Like 1

My god, a massive 500 baht fine for assaulting some one. That will certainly be sending

an overpowering message to other security guards to not beat on farangs. On a side note

these were the best odds of I have ever seen for a street fight involving Thais and farangs.

So two farangs against six Thais makes it three on one. That is pretty good here. As these

occurred on Walking Street, clearly there was a shortage of motorcycle taxi guys that

normally pump the odds up to about eight Thais and one farang, thus ensuring the Thais win.

Doesn't sound like the zthais needed any more assistance...those Israeli brothers took a whomping.

i was outside lucifer wehn the israeli guy got beat, this is thai style 5 men beating 1 farang even when already out an on the street, very nice to see that finaly police is forced to take action. I only wondering that they found only some guests under drugs, when i was there on saturday look like 50% are

Yeah, whats worse? Five thais beating one farang in the street or another farang seeing five thais beating a fellow farang and not stepping in to help?

• Like 1

Most Thais away from the tourist ghettos are pretty decent and are non aggressive. The security guard is most likely a thug, itching for an excuse to beat up a foreigner. And they just as often beat their fellow Thais too.

For the first or second offense of assult, make the perp wear prison stripped overalls, sweep streets and pick up trash, wearing a sign saying "I am a coward, I assaulted another person for no reason" Photograph them with their families and have them apologize for bringing shame on them and their country.

When foreigners assault another person, deport them and permanently bar them from returning to Thailand.

Yeah, it would be easy for corrupt police to abuse, but then the cops are being reformed, right?

A firm hand would greatly reduce this nonsense but its not going to happen. Thailand already has harsh laws about drugs and dim wits continue to smuggle drugs.

A nice old fashioned pillory on the market for a day , blindfold the bastard and put some baskets with rotten eggs and frute ready for the crowd .

My choise of frute , Coconuts and durian

Actually, the fine was for one of the Israeli brothers. The Thai security guard was arrested and charged with assault. I don't think the security guard expected that. He looks pissed.

Correct, my bad.... :-) Lucifier is open all night in violation of every law regarding

closing hours for clubs, same as Insomnia. This means they are paying the police

a mountain of money every month. So I suspect not a whole lot will be happening

the security guard for them, and this story will fade away next week...

• Like 2

Yeah, whats worse? Five thais beating one farang in the street or another farang seeing five thais beating a fellow farang and not stepping in to help?

That is a tough call. Guess you would have to see what the farang did to get beat.

If you just came upon the fight without knowing, would be difficult to decide what to

do. If you saw the fight was over a dispute over a bar bill, jump in and help. If he spit

in the face of a bar girl, stand back and watch. But I have seen a lot of videos here

where a group of Thais are putting the boot to the head of an unconscious farang.

So if you do get in a fight here, be prepared to go all out from the first second, as you

are in a fight for your life. No Queensberry rules in Thailand, gotta go jungle on your

opponents. Not sure what the Israeli guy did, must not have been too serious if the

Thai guy got the assault charge......

But yeah, if I saw a bunch of Thai guys putting the boot to the head of an unconscious person,

I would step in no matter what the farang had done...

Edited by EyesWideOpen

"After the initial investigation Mr. Eli Aurheem was fined 500 Baht for fighting and one of the guards, Khun Wittaya aged 25 was arrested and charged with assault."

Haha thanks. I must have blinked for moment when reading the story. There are indeed a lot of assault stories in Pattaya where the Thai guy is fined 500 baht, but not in this case. I would love to see a follow up story , showing exactly what happened to the Thai guy. But of course that will not happen......

• Like 2

Anyway you have to be a couple of real pricks to get booted out of Lucifer. They kind of need what ever business they can get these days, and are quite tolerant of most of the idiots who go there.

The Israelis were most likely drunk & started shooting their mouths off, and deserved what they got.

Go ahead. Start the anti Zionist bashing now!!!

• Like 1

That is a tough call. Guess you would have to see what the farang did to get beat.

If you just came upon the fight without knowing, would be difficult to decide what to

do. If you saw the fight was over a dispute over a bar bill, jump in and help. If he spit

in the face of a bar girl, stand back and watch. But I have seen a lot of videos here

where a group of Thais are putting the boot to the head of an unconscious farang.

So if you do get in a fight here, be prepared to go all out from the first second, as you

are in a fight for your life. No Queensberry rules in Thailand, gotta go jungle on your

opponents. Not sure what the Israeli guy did, must not have been too serious if the

Thai guy got the assault charge......

I hear just what you are saying. I haven't come upon a situation like this myself, but if a farang is getting his head kicked in then a guy doesn't have much choice but to try and help out.

I don't go drinking much anymore except for the occasional pint of Guinness and I sure don't go to these crazy bars mentioned here but when do go out for a pint I always hope there are a couple of Aussies around since they are the sort to step up.

which was shown on Thai National TV News forcing Pattaya Police to take decisive action against the venue and those responsible for the altercation.

Of course.

The crime doesn't matter.

Only being seen to do or not do the job matters.

Disgraceful culture.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

To my understanding, CAPs denote yelling.

Your closing "read and inwardly..." seems condescending and imperious. But then, I prefer the gentler approach with a touch of civility.

• Like 1