Human remains found in crocodile after fatal attack in Australia

webfact

Human remains found in crocodile after fatal attack in Australia
By Sophie Brown, CNN

(CNN) -- Authorities have recovered human remains from a large crocodile that's believed to have taken a man from his boat in Australia's remote north.

Rangers shot dead two saltwater crocodiles in the Northern Territory's Kakadu National Park on Sunday after searching through the night for a 62-year-old man who was reportedly snatched at a waterhole on the South Alligator River the previous afternoon.

One of the crocodiles, measuring around 15.5 feet (4.7 meters), contained human remains, police told reporters Sunday. A statement on the Northern Territory Police Force Facebook page said the victim's body had been recovered and a report would be prepared for the Coroner.

Full story: http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/09/world/asia/australia-crocodile-attack/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2014-06-09

Australia - where everything has evolved to kill humans.

Snakes, spiders, sharks, koalas. Especially the koalas. Nothing is naturally that cute and cuddly without a reason. It's evolved that way so it can lure unsuspecting prey close enough to be captured by their mind-control rays. Beware the koalas !

Speights is said to be the most lethal of all.

Snakes, spiders, sharks, koalas. Especially the koalas. Nothing is naturally that cute and cuddly without a reason. It's evolved that way so it can lure unsuspecting prey close enough to be captured by their mind-control rays. Beware the koalas !

And trees - I unwittingly got mixed up with a giant stinging tree (more of a bush, really) while working on an overgrown property near my house, and couldn't sleep properly for a month due to the pain. I could still feel it six months later.

Be on the lookout for these if you go out and about in FNQ... As Marina Hurley put it, once stung, never forgotten.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/topics/science-environment/2009/06/gympie-gympie-once-stung,-never-forgotten/

I think sheilas are the most lethal...thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

And trees - I unwittingly got mixed up with a giant stinging tree (more of a bush, really) while working on an overgrown property near my house, and couldn't sleep properly for a month due to the pain. I could still feel it six months later.

Be on the lookout for these if you go out and about in FNQ... As Marina Hurley put it, once stung, never forgotten.

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/topics/science-environment/2009/06/gympie-gympie-once-stung,-never-forgotten/

Stinging trees are not as painful as sitting next to an obnoxiously drunk Aussie ....

• Like 1

Stinging trees are not as painful as sitting next to an obnoxiously drunk Aussie ....

Fellow Australians have developed a natural immunity to these pests ............wink.png

• Like 1

Glad someone remembered the drop bears - a true menace to the unwary!

Sad to hear of the chap being killed by crocs, but that is certainly a hazard of being in that area of the bush - in fact right across the top.

Speights is said to be the most lethal of all.

Speights is a Kiwi beer, however Kiwis on Speights is a deadly creature.

Although we don't know the circumstances of this unfortunate incident, people can be incredibly blasé where proximity to wild creatures is concerned. The crocodile was presumably only doing what nature and evolution has intended.

Although we don't know the circumstances of this unfortunate incident, people can be incredibly blasé where proximity to wild creatures is concerned. The crocodile was presumably only doing what nature and evolution has intended.

Have a read of the story as reported in Australia

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-08/police-recover-remains-in-search-for-man-taken-by-crocodile/5508732?section=nt

Crocs are known to jump to catch their prey.

Thank you to the previous poster. I have now read the report in question. Extremely unfortunate circumstances. My contention about wild creatures in their own habitat stands.

It's a little late to shoot the crocs now.

A crocodile hunter was hired in the Northern Territory of Australia to hunt down a man eatin' croc. The man, an expert in the craft, set up a little pozzy on the banks of the river where he thought he had a good shot.

The wily old crocodile in his 90's, who's family had been hunting here for a bit under 200 million years, circled around the back of this pro and charged him down into the river where he made dinner out of him.

Top Croc.

...and once you've got them in your arms, they launch their secret weapon......

They pee on you, with a strong eucalypt aroma. Deadly stuff! bah.gif

Or worse, listening to Rolfe Harris play Stairway to Heaven; the closest I ever came to committing suicide. But Rolfe is actually a decent bloke compared to Rupert Murdoch of Mordor.

Have a read of the story as reported in Australia

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-08/police-recover-remains-in-search-for-man-taken-by-crocodile/5508732?section=nt

Crocs are known to jump to catch their prey.

Australia Zoo founded by the crocodile man, the late Steve Irwin is close to my home in Queensland. They used to have a massive Croc named Graham who would jump 20 ft out of the water to take a chicken being held on a stick. Because of their longevity i reckon that Graham is still there, have not been there for some time.

Why kill a wild beast because eated people? For them we are just a pray, another meal...and people are the intruders in their habitat...Next time I face a rooster I will be afraid....he may like to retrieve his relative I had for lunch earlier....

• Like 1

Or worse, listening to Rolfe Harris play Stairway to Heaven; the closest I ever came to committing suicide. But Rolfe is actually a decent bloke compared to Rupert Murdoch of Mordor.

It seems that Rolfe may do worse than play Stairway to Heaven, or do you ignore the news? If he is guilty then there is a real scary Australian.

Why kill a wild beast because eated people? For them we are just a pray, another meal...and people are the intruders in their habitat...Next time I face a rooster I will be afraid....he may like to retrieve his relative I had for lunch earlier....

I gave this a "like" but I like it very, very much.