Junta cancels free flights of THAI board members

webfact

Please Gen Prayuth, for the love of Mary, do not relinquish control back to the Shinawatras. All your good work will be undone in days. The good news just keeps on rolling in, something we have not seen since the dark day that Thaksin ascended to power. Hooray for Gen Prayuth!!

Agree, a quote from a Professor of International Politics for when elections are held in the future.

"To choose the Thaksin regime is to guarantee the death of democracy for Thailand's foreseeable future"

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-0529-thompson-thai-coup-20140529-story.html

You forgot something in your quote " a yellow Thai professor" but yes, if half story suits you better....

It was unnecessary. Anti-Thaksinism is a normal characteristic of those intelligent and informed, and endowed with a quotient of morality.

You can lead a fool to the truth, but you can't make him think.

Edited by JRSoul
  • Like 2

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that one hit where it hurts and it so hit hard it turned you blue.

That's because fascists might be able to make the trains run on time but they never have made democracy better.

Never, ever, not anywhere, not at any time, not under any circumstances.

Same same always.

And of course, all military are fascists, at least in the eyes of some.

Personally I MUCH prefer 7-11 meals to the stuff you get on THAI Business internal flights .....and in the lounges

I try picking their alternative menus on board but they are all so so bad too....

Started flying NOK Air instead !....

My last experince on Thai was like being on a Thai tour bus and being served a box lunch. Now one of the worst for International travel. Paid very high prices and got discount airline quality. Thai needs a complete remake of how they present their brand.

Thai used to be a quality carrier. Thanks for the memory Thai. Too bad it is only a memory and nothing like what they now offer.

I wonder if 7-11 is now preparing the meals for Thai?

And that quote went on to say............. To support the army, may, just may, be the only way to restore it. It has been a general historical truth that regimes bringing order at least make a democratic transition possible. The converse is seldom true. Permissive regimes tend to lead to crackdowns that doom enlightened rule.

So if you agree with the Professor of International Politics you must agree that the PTP were a permissive regime. Yet we are constantly told on here that the PTP were a dictatorship - what's it to be?

You're the only one who cares. Your side lost, as we consistently told you they would, so no-one's interested in engaging in your pointless arguments anymore. Try letting go and observing all the good things that are happening to the country now, it might make you feel better...!!

"Your side lost". Really. That implies that your side "won". Um, neither one of you "has a side" cheerleader. Neither of your sides won or lost because you do not have a side to lose or win.

You are barking at the moon and calling your chorus of hounds a choir.

Get over it.

What a nonsensical post...hounds....cheerleader...?!

Unlike you, I recognise that there were always two sides to the 'battle', which are invariably referred to here as 'Yellows' and 'Reds', and if you fail to recognise that, then you need to explain to everyone here what the **** was going on here for the past seven months...!

Having said that, where in my post does it say I have a 'side'? I have always demonstrated neutrality since I have never had any love for Suthep, and clearly stated so, but others, including the one you come out to defend, have always displayed their true colours...!!

I fully recognise that the extremist supporters of the exiled criminal were intent on getting their message across with as much force as they felt necessary. That side has now lost and I am very pleased to see it...! So ... get over it...!!

Does that also mean that NO friends of the military will be allowed to fly around on military planes or helicopters even if it's a relative or good buddy of some high ranking general?

I suspect that almost all airlines worldwide allow their board of directors to fly free and it is considered part of their compensation.

While I would like to see the perks given to a lot of the ELITES scaled back I somehow think that "perks" and taking care of your fellow "elites" is the way of the world.

• Like 1

Most members of any Board Of Directors are grossly over paid and get really big money while workers that actually perform get very little . Eliminate their high salaries and present bonuses. Pay them only if there are profits.

I don't think the problem is the relatively high salaries, but rather because there are much too many chiefs in Thai Airways.

The junta are doing things that should have been done long ago. Only difference is that they actually have the balls to do it. Every little thing counts. Bravo!

Looks like the junta have clearly examined what made the likes of Thaksin Shinawatra and other authoritarian Thai leaders past popular. Well done. Let's see where this goes...

Smoke and mirrors.

It will go back to the elite holding on to power a little longer that's all!

Corruption is a part of people's mindset here in Thailand and it is taught in schools from primary school to university.

Red shirt, Yellow shirt, Army.

It will make no difference.

Its endemic!

Modernise the education system.

A quality education is the privileged of the empowered elite.The masses do not have access to a decent standard of education, and are socially prevented from benefiting from any meaningful advancement. When will an educated population (an informed electorate), be in the best interests of the powers that be ? Perhaps when the centrally controlled system finds itself falling behind Burma and Vietnam.

won the latest battle,,, the war isn't over by a loooong shot... stay tuned [The battle for the Golden Eggs]

And that quote went on to say............. To support the army, may, just may, be the only way to restore it. It has been a general historical truth that regimes bringing order at least make a democratic transition possible. The converse is seldom true. Permissive regimes tend to lead to crackdowns that doom enlightened rule.

So if you agree with the Professor of International Politics you must agree that the PTP were a permissive regime. Yet we are constantly told on here that the PTP were a dictatorship - what's it to be?

You're the only one who cares. Your side lost, as we consistently told you they would, so no-one's interested in engaging in your pointless arguments anymore. Try letting go and observing all the good things that are happening to the country now, it might make you feel better...!!

"Your side lost". Really. That implies that your side "won". Um, neither one of you "has a side" cheerleader. Neither of your sides won or lost because you do not have a side to lose or win.

You are barking at the moon and calling your chorus of hounds a choir.

Get over it.

What a nonsensical post...hounds....cheerleader...?!

Unlike you, I recognise that there were always two sides to the 'battle', which are invariably referred to here as 'Yellows' and 'Reds', and if you fail to recognise that, then you need to explain to everyone here what the **** was going on here for the past seven months...!

Having said that, where in my post does it say I have a 'side'? I have always demonstrated neutrality since I have never had any love for Suthep, and clearly stated so, but others, including the one you come out to defend, have always displayed their true colours...!!

I fully recognise that the extremist supporters of the exiled criminal were intent on getting their message across with as much force as they felt necessary. That side has now lost and I am very pleased to see it...! So ... get over it...!!

It is common practice for airlines to give flying benefits to all of its employees which includes the board of course (I am retired from two decades in the business). I think that politicians and other high ranking bureaucrats should be banned from any flight privileges and the board should be made up of airline professionals and not political flunkies.

Please Gen Prayuth, for the love of Mary, do not relinquish control back to the Shinawatras. All your good work will be undone in days. The good news just keeps on rolling in, something we have not seen since the dark day that Thaksin ascended to power. Hooray for Gen Prayuth!!

It would be a great day in Thailand if the Junta rounded up all of the Shinawatras and their band of krones and red shirt thugs,clapped them in chains and dispersed all of their ill gotten gains back into the Thai economy!

It would be a great day in Thailand if the Junta rounded up all of the Shinawatras and their band of krones and red shirt thugs,clapped them in chains and dispersed all of their ill gotten gains back into the Thai economy!

What a transformation that would make to Thailand if the elite did the same.

Imagine the the thousands of schools and hospitals that could be built with 30 billion for example!

• Like 1

Hilarious watching you all get suckered in...mark my words. Let's revisit these threads in a year.

so true,, or > revisit stories from the recent and distant past.

>>>

[After Sarit's death, his reputation took a heavy blow when a bitter inheritance battle between his son, Major Setha Thanarat, and his young wife, Thanpuying Vichitra Thanarat, revealed the massive extent of Sarit's wealth (US$ 140 million). He was discovered to have owned a trust company, a brewery, 51 cars and some 30 plots of land, most of which he gave to the dozens of mistresses he was found to have had. Thai language newspapers published the names of 100 women who claimed to have shared his bed, shocking the public when it was learnt how corrupt he had actually been.]

>>

On June 29, 1951, Phibunsongkhram was attending a ceremony aboard the Manhattan dredge when he was taken hostage by a group of naval officers, who then quickly confined him on board the warship Sri Ayutthaya. Negotiations between the government and the coup organizers swiftly broke down, leading to violent street fighting in Bangkok between the navy and the army, which was supported by the air force. Phibunsongkhram was able to swim back ashore when the Sri Ayutthaya was bombed by the air force. With their hostage gone, the sailors and marines were forced to lay down their arms.

-------

At the end of his second term, suspicions of fraudulent practices during an election emerged. The American-equipped Thai army played a major role in the coup d'état of 1957, and the United States was "deeply involved"[11] The resulting unrest led to a second coup in October 1958 by Field Marshal Sarit Dhanaraj, who had earlier sworn to be Phibun's most loyal subordinate. Sarit was supported by many royalists who wanted to regain a foothold. Phibunsongkhram was then forced into exile in Japan, where he lived until his death in 1964.

>>>

The beginning of the end for Phraya Phahon’s time as Prime Minister began in 1937 when a scandal erupted involving sale of crown real estate to high-ranking officials for below-market prices.

Yet another outstanding call. $hit I can honestly say I am really enjoying this. Criminals, corrupt officials, politicians and top ender kick backs ALL getting what comes to them. whistling.gif

Long, long overdue. Well done NCPO. clap2.gif

Attaboy! No visa problems for you.

• Like 1

There are three Air Chief Marshals on the Board of Directors.................

And there were three Shinawats on board in the last government........

But strangely enough this thread is about Thai Airways and not about the Shinawatra family.

You're right. Plus of course all the Air Chief Marshals knew about flying when they were appointed which can't be said for the Shins and politics.

Very good - ACM's know about flying so they are perfectly suited to be on a board of directors running an airline - yet the Shinawatra family knows nothing about politics. Mmmm.

Remind me never to come to you for any serious advice on anything.

I would love the General to get all the donations back off Suthep, must be hundreds of plastic bags full of money,that he collected from unlawful protests

Jesus H Christ. Are these trolls for real?

You lost. Your corrupt regime has ended. Go away and get over it.

Pray tell christian,who is my corrupt regime, i dont vote.Get over what,tell me what is wrong with my post???

Dont threaten me also

• Like 1

The junta are doing things that should have been done long ago. Only difference is that they actually have the balls to do it. Every little thing counts. Bravo!

Looks like the junta have clearly examined what made the likes of Thaksin Shinawatra and other authoritarian Thai leaders past popular. Well done. Let's see where this goes...

Smoke and mirrors.

It will go back to the elite holding on to power a little longer that's all!

Corruption is a part of people's mindset here in Thailand and it is taught in schools from primary school to university.

Red shirt, Yellow shirt, Army.

It will make no difference.

Its endemic!

Modernise the education system.

A quality education is the privileged of the empowered elite.The masses do not have access to a decent standard of education, and are socially prevented from benefiting from any meaningful advancement. When will an educated population (an informed electorate), be in the best interests of the powers that be ? Perhaps when the centrally controlled system finds itself falling behind Burma and Vietnam.

Same as me, not pro red, not anti yellow,but some undecuated ,probably majority from Bangkok, non thais think that criticism to yellows mean we support reds. we dont support jack sxxx, because we xcant vote.The elites do not want the mass ranks to be educated,thats the main problem.

• Like 1

Hilarious watching you all get suckered in...mark my words. Let's revisit these threads in a year.

so true,, or > revisit stories from the recent and distant past.

>>>

[After Sarit's death, his reputation took a heavy blow when a bitter inheritance battle between his son, Major Setha Thanarat, and his young wife, Thanpuying Vichitra Thanarat, revealed the massive extent of Sarit's wealth (US$ 140 million). He was discovered to have owned a trust company, a brewery, 51 cars and some 30 plots of land, most of which he gave to the dozens of mistresses he was found to have had. Thai language newspapers published the names of 100 women who claimed to have shared his bed, shocking the public when it was learnt how corrupt he had actually been.]

>>

On June 29, 1951, Phibunsongkhram was attending a ceremony aboard the Manhattan dredge when he was taken hostage by a group of naval officers, who then quickly confined him on board the warship Sri Ayutthaya. Negotiations between the government and the coup organizers swiftly broke down, leading to violent street fighting in Bangkok between the navy and the army, which was supported by the air force. Phibunsongkhram was able to swim back ashore when the Sri Ayutthaya was bombed by the air force. With their hostage gone, the sailors and marines were forced to lay down their arms.

-------

At the end of his second term, suspicions of fraudulent practices during an election emerged. The American-equipped Thai army played a major role in the coup d'état of 1957, and the United States was "deeply involved"[11] The resulting unrest led to a second coup in October 1958 by Field Marshal Sarit Dhanaraj, who had earlier sworn to be Phibun's most loyal subordinate. Sarit was supported by many royalists who wanted to regain a foothold. Phibunsongkhram was then forced into exile in Japan, where he lived until his death in 1964.

>>>

The beginning of the end for Phraya Phahon’s time as Prime Minister began in 1937 when a scandal erupted involving sale of crown real estate to high-ranking officials for below-market prices.

Same news in 20 years time too lol

• Like 1

I would love the General to get all the donations back off Suthep, must be hundreds of plastic bags full of money,that he collected from unlawful protests

Pray tell christian,who is my corrupt regime, i dont vote.Get over what,tell me what is wrong with my post???

Dont threaten me also

On the face of it , it looks you are pro PTP otherwise what are you gunning for Suthep for and how much does he owe ??? and to who ???

The protests twisted round to being near lawful, now they found out what was really happening over the 3 years of Shins regime.

If he has to answer to anything he will, his turn will come. At lest he hasn't flown out to see the world cupcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Dont threaten me also

On the face of it , it looks you are pro PTP otherwise what are you gunning for Suthep for and how much does he owe ??? and to who ???

The protests twisted round to being near lawful, now they found out what was really happening over the 3 years of Shins regime.

If he has to answer to anything he will, his turn will come. At lest he hasn't flown out to see the world cupcheesy.gif

I am pro nothing, i cannot vote, have you heard of devil,s advocate. Corruption is endemic in Thailand whover runs the country,google Suthep life, he is just as bad.

Yet another outstanding call. $hit I can honestly say I am really enjoying this. Criminals, corrupt officials, politicians and top ender kick backs ALL getting what comes to them. whistling.gif

Long, long overdue. Well done NCPO. clap2.gif

Attaboy! No visa problems for you.

Never, ever have " visa problems ". wink.png

• Like 1

So let me get this straight, ACM Prajin Juntong, who is now in charge of Economic affairs of the country, is also the Chairman of the Board of Directors for the failing Thai Airways? Sounds like the economy is going to be in great hands.

He is also an Independent Director of PTT as well. Must be a man who knows how to get things done in Thailand.....