Vagabonds extort money from passersby at train stations in Ayutthaya Province

webfact

Vagabonds extort money from passersby at train stations in Ayutthaya Province

AYUTTHAYA, 11 June 2014 (NNT) - Ayutthaya Provincial Governor Witthaya Piewpong has ordered 30 police officers and soldiers to inspect areas around the Ayutthaya, the Bang Pa-In, and Baan Pa Chi train stations.

Locals have complained that several homeless people were found sleeping under these train stations and littering around the area. Some of them have also intimidated train passengers, school students, as well as tourists by impolitely asking money from them.

Police investigations reveal that there are three categories of homeless people residing in these train stations. The first category are those who wander from place to place without a home. Hence, the governor has asked the Provincial Social Development and Human Security Office to pick up these people and let them stay in emergency shelters.

The second category are the ones who have a permanent residence, but have chosen to leave their loved ones. Relatives are encouraged to take them home.

Lastly, the third category are vagabonds who are drunk and display aggressive behavior by impolitely asking money from people. Should anybody encounter them, they are advised to report to the police immediately so that arrests could be made.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-11 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...I haven't heard the term "Vagabond" used since the folk music revival. It's right up there with "Tomboy". Perhaps the schools should stop teaching English from 1920 textbooks.

Hey! Vagabond is one of my favourites and I didn't go to school in the 1920s. We have seen a lot of vagabonds on the streets on Bangkok these past few months.

• Like 2

Wow...I haven't heard the term "Vagabond" used since the folk music revival. It's right up there with "Tomboy". Perhaps the schools should stop teaching English from 1920 textbooks.

Hey! Vagabond is one of my favourites and I didn't go to school in the 1920s. We have seen a lot of vagabonds on the streets on Bangkok these past few months.

dont go there.......biggrin.png

Also swiftly arrest any ragamuffins, rascals and whippersnappers ASAP!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What! And let all the scoundrels, ruffians and rogues get clean away?

They get asked to reportsmile.png

• Like 1

and rapscallions..

Most of these itinerant, fly-by night, nomads spend their time wandering aimlessly around, foot loose and fancy-free because in many cases they are desperate, sometimes mentally unstable and often hungry. These transients can be found anywhere and everywhere, many are aimless, destitute and in many cases dangerous.

Hoboes, bums, down and outs can be found strolling around Bangkok or sauntering aimlessly through the countryside in most countries. Penniless mendicants, transients and drifters have existed since time immemorial and will continue to keep us company as time passes.

Songs and poems have been written about these peripatetic, perambulatory pilgrims.

Many have fallen between the cracks of society’s structure and many prefer the life rather than being tied to a desk. Governments endeavour to help those that ask others prefer to use their own methods to survive.wink.png

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 1

I recall reading in the Pattaya Mail a long time back a report about a couple of local wenches had been picked up for something or other. I gather they were not respectable.

Most odd, perhaps they were picked up only for a short time.

Pattaya wenches are normally considered quite respectable thank you very much.

• Like 1

I recall reading in the Pattaya Mail a long time back a report about a couple of local wenches had been picked up for something or other. I gather they were not respectable.

Posibly not wenches either.

Posibly not wenches either.

How about spanners then?

My wife and I were sitting in an outdoor restaurant one evening when this little old lady, about 70 years old and dressed in rags approached our table with a bag of oranges. The fruit was past it's prime, and she was selling them for 5bt each. The wife bought a couple which I thought was ridiculous...

My initial reaction was to shoo her away, but later my wife explained that this was one of the richest old dears on Koh Phangan, just an eccentric old lady who did no harm. She owns a huge part of Koh Phangan!

You can still see her around, she gets old fruit from the local stores for selling laugh.png

What! And let all the scoundrels, ruffians and rogues get clean away?
But what about the ne'er-do-wells?

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

And don't forget vagrants, drifters, hobos, tramps, bindlestiffs, strollers and other assorted riff-raff.

• Like 1