Thai language teacher/school recommendations?

TTom911

Hi, I wonder would anyone have some experiences/recommendations of Thail language teachers/schools, in particular in Khon Kaen, to share? Also, what the costs/tuition fees for reasonably good teachers would normally be?

Not necessarily being a "language genius", I am thinking of maybe 2-3 lessons per week over 6 months or so to get my head a little bit above water... ;).

Would be interesting how some of you got on with your Thai leaning efforts.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, having gotten not a single response to the post I guess it means there is probably not so much interest or experience on Thai Visa regarding Thail language learning... ;).

I looked around on the internet and spoke to a few people and (no disregard to any other excellent teachers who sure will be around) I was very much impressed by

- ThaiStyle (www.thai-style.co.uk)

which is run by a Thai/English couple and has just EXCELLENT training materials and has an equally excellent website. It's easy to see how much time and effort must have gone into producing the website, videos and worksheets.

What appealed to me in particular is that they have a network of teacher all over Thailand, which is great for me as I am traveling a lot and can have various teachers at the different locations where I stay and they all work on the same curriculum so that I don't have to stop (and they also offer teaching via Skype AND in the UK/US if anyone is shuttling between countries).

So, not being affiliated in any way with them (!!), just being a "happy customer", I think it's really worth while checking out if anyone is up for the challenge to start learning Thai... ;)