Hotel For My Sisters Visiting Bkk

listenup

Hi all,

My little sisters are coming out to visit me next week. I think they will love all the shopping and cheap massages :o

I need to find a hotel for them as my apartment is not big enough. This is there first time out of Europe, so was thinking putting them into a really nice hotel, maybe 5* If I can afford it, as they have never stayed in a 5* before.

I would like the hotel in a busy area, so when I’m not with them they can go out wondering on there own.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I guess I’m looking for something flash that hasn’t got the price tag of a Four Seasons Hotel.

My budget is around 3k to 4k per night

Cheers all!!

Tarntawan Place Hotel, Bangkok

Fantastic smallish hotel, relaxed, great rooms, amazing service, fantastic position near patpong market but very quite, nice suites at a great price have stayed there 3 or 4 times excellent!

119/5-10 Surawongse rd, Bangrak, Bangkok, 10500 Thailand

From $78.11 (THB 3,000.00)/night

Hotel Class:

User Rating:

2 Reviews - Write a review

Image search for this hotel

Description - Amenities: Wheelchair Accessible, Babysitting, Restaurant in Hotel

Phone: 2-238-2620

The Davis Hotel has some good rates right now in your ballpark, and the location ain’t so bad either (Sukhumvit Soi 24) – traffic can be a bit of a bear at some times though.

If you want to give it a go I have heard of people getting rates down in the 3000-3500 baht range for The Westin, The Sheraton Grand, and JW Marriott thru the Hotwire.com site.

The Rembrandt is okay, if you don't mind sub-standard service (for a supposedly nice hotel) and a noisy room. I've stayed there twice in the past 2 years. A superior room would start at ~3,000 baht (at ratestogo.com)

For a couple of thousand more, you can have a studio suite at Emporium Suites (which connectes to a major shopping center and also the BTS). That will run about 5,000 per night including breakfast. The Emporium offers the best location in Bangkok, IMO. You also get a large room with full kitchen (microwave, refrigerator, oven and range, etc.) See AsiaRooms

[edit.. I just learned that 'fridge' is spelled with a "D" but 'refrigerator' is not. Go figure]

Edited by thohts

Recently had my parents over for a visit and they stayed in a few places in Bangkok, I would really reccomend the Novotel Siam Square. Fabulous location..Siam Paragon, Siam Square, MBK, Bts 100mtrs, buzzy but not seedy area.

The hotel itself was great, the staff really friendly and helpful, nice selection of resturants and facilities.

I think internet rates start at about 2,000bt. My parents got a Suite at about 3,000bt a night and loved it.

novotel siam square

They also stayed at the Shangrila and the Peninsula. Both on the river and with rates from about 6,000bt a night.

The Peninsula was outstanding in every way, I really couldn't fault it. It often lists in the top 10 hotels worldwide and justly so. I think it's a bargain compared to 5 star places in Europe or the US.

It's worth staying for a night just to see how it should be done!

The Shangrila was dreadful, staff could not be bothered and the rooms were tired.

The Novotel was so much better.

None of the hotels listed so far would make my 5 star list.

I would recommend,

Oriental

Peninsula

Shanghri La

Conrad

Plaza Athenee

Intercontinental

Hyatt Erawan

JM Marriot

Sukothai

Sheraton Grande

Marriot Waterfront

The Landmark (maybe a 5)

Dusit Thani (maybe a 5)

They are all above your budget range, but for a one night splurge, I would say these are the best in Bkk.

Thanks for everyones input!!

Now have to decide!! Look's like I've got some work to do!

Any hotels near the nightlife action is out of the question, they are only 17 so do not want them to see that side of Bangkok (I can try!)

The Grand Majestic on Suk Soi 2.

Brand new, well done and a good value. Under 4k.

Maybe a bit close to the action on Soi Nana though.

Ya but the place is so small and everytime I have tried to book a room there they are always soldout!

Ya know, if you go to Priceline.com, you can get one of the 5 star hotels on Sukhumvit, such as the Westin Grand, for around 75-80 USD. Maybe you want to try that?

Nai Lert Park hotel on Wireless Road looks pretty nice, close to Central Chidlom. I have seen a rate for a twin room including breakfast for about Bt4,500. Sofitel Hotel on Silom Road also looks quite good, has a great bar and restaurant on the top floor.

I have seen good prices on farangs.com but have never used them to book (every time I have tried it has been at short notice so the hotel has been fully booked)

Nobody's mentioned the President Chain yet. You could probbably get a two bed room apartment for that price. President Solitaire is the best and, depending on length of stay, you could get it for that price range too.

Thanks all!

After an hour or so looking into the options I chose Sofitel Silom.

It cost me 3,500/night which was in my budget, have stayed there before and was very pleased, the location isn't bad and it will certainly make my sisters go "WOW" which will be good.

Also, the reviews are impressive...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2...ok-Bangkok.html

Thanks alot everyone!

Thanks for everyones input!!

Now have to decide!! Look's like I've got some work to do!

Any hotels near the nightlife action is out of the question, they are only 17 so do not want them to see that side of Bangkok (I can try!)

Hi mate,

You want to avoid the Sukhumvit Area............Too many cafes and bars (nightlife action)...Since age is a concern avoid this stretch.

Your best bet is to be around Shopping areas.....Hence, NOVOTEL SIAM SQUARE would be good!

Good luck.......

they are only 17 so do not want them to see that side of Bangkok (I can try!)

You can try. :o:D Though you got to remember Silom is near Patpong. :D Good luck. hope they enjoy their time here.

To be accurate, Patpong is near Silom as Patpong is 2 sois off of Silom near Rama IV. Silom is a rather long road running from Rama IV almost all the way to the river. The area around the Sofitel is far down the road and is actually a pretty nice tourist area with a number of shops and resturants.

I agree, good choice.

TH

Good choice.....the bar/restaurant in the Sofitel is called V9, I think it's on the 38th Floor...it's a cool bar with great views. They also have a wine connections wine shop next to the bar where you can buy the wine at cost price and drink it in the bar with no corkage, I think their wine starts off at around Bt500 a bottle so this is a really good deal.