Time For Some Silly Questions Again

Limbo

After the storms in the topic about petcare in Chiang Rai, where a poster accused a local veterinarian of eleven cold-blooded murders on pets (he denied the request to show eleven autopsy reports to substantiate his accusation) back again to out four-footed friends.

I have a cat, that after three years still doesn't know that her name is Tuna.

But that isn't the point.

She has as many cats in Chiang Rai a kink in her tail. Why do many Chiang Rai cats have kinks in their tails?

My Thai friends say that it is normal and I believe that immediatly.

So maybe I should refrase: Why have cats from elsewhere no kinks in their tail?

She is at the same time a three color cat, white, black and brown. Wow, my Thai friends say, it is a 'saam-see'! What is so special about a 'saam-see' cat? Why does it bring luck?

Is it based on a self-fullfilling profecy?

Is it normal that cats even catch snakes? Two weeks ago she brought home a naughty looking thin and light green viper-like looking snake.

When I came back after a while to see how things went between the two she had bitten the poor thing in four parts and had left them to the ants that suddenly had shown up.

Limbo :o

PS: And where is the Chiang Rai Zoo I heard somebody talk about?

post-6305-1150784167_thumb.jpg post-6305-1150784403_thumb.jpg post-6305-1150784131_thumb.jpg

1. I think that the kink in the tail is that father and mother are too close relatives.

2. My cats (2 mothers at that time, 4 babies each) caught 3 snakes within 2 months. I only saw the snakes without the head.

post-29230-1150792555_thumb.jpgpost-29230-1150792868_thumb.jpg

3. Chiang Rai Zoo is on the Old Chiang Mai Road. Passing road to Khun Korn Waterfall with at least 15 km, then in a village there is a 90 degr bend to the left. Go straigth there for about 3 km, then a sign to the right.

post-29230-1150792979_thumb.jpg post-29230-1150793065_thumb.jpg

Tail kinks and crossed eyes are common genetic defects in Siamese pedigree cats. Not sure why so many (non Siamese) cats also have kinky tails, perhaps there's a link. :o

Our cats bring home anything that moves and doesn't taste bad: rats, birds, snakes. Of course we're worried about them getting bitten by poisonous snakes but what can we do. Hopefully they know how to take care of themselves. Though there are quite a few frogs around they seem to ignore them completely, they probably don't taste good :D

Edited by madsere

The kinky tail is really just a lumpy end, like it got caught in a door. This is because a princess of the realm needed to safely stash her rings while bathing - she put them on her cat's tail, and out of kraing-jai respect, I suppose, it genetically modified itself to make sure the rings did not fall off.

True story. Yup - it's truly a story.

There's also a zoo at Doi Tung.

3 color cats are known as calico.

After the storms in the topic about petcare in Chiang Rai, where a poster accused a local veterinarian of eleven cold-blooded murders on pets (he denied the request to show eleven autopsy reports to substantiate his accusation) back again to out four-footed friends.

I have a cat, that after three years still doesn't know that her name is Tuna.

But that isn't the point.

She has as many cats in Chiang Rai a kink in her tail. Why do many Chiang Rai cats have kinks in their tails?

My Thai friends say that it is normal and I believe that immediatly.

So maybe I should refrase: Why have cats from elsewhere no kinks in their tail?

She is at the same time a three color cat, white, black and brown. Wow, my Thai friends say, it is a 'saam-see'! What is so special about a 'saam-see' cat? Why does it bring luck?

Is it based on a self-fullfilling profecy?

Is it normal that cats even catch snakes? Two weeks ago she brought home a naughty looking thin and light green viper-like looking snake.

When I came back after a while to see how things went between the two she had bitten the poor thing in four parts and had left them to the ants that suddenly had shown up.

Limbo :o

PS: And where is the Chiang Rai Zoo I heard somebody talk about?

post-6305-1150784167_thumb.jpg post-6305-1150784403_thumb.jpg post-6305-1150784131_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the recent welcome.

We have an ongoing problem here with snakes getting into our house. Maybe we could rent your calico cat. At the moment I have to leave it for Miss Esarn to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...