Curfew in HH

snKay

Apparently there is no curfew now. I as in town last night and the bar I was in closed at 1am. Not sure whether this was whether it was just quiet, or whether it was enforced by the police. But, in any case, don't worry you can go out drinking until fairly late, not much different to usual.

I was out tonight, meeting between the Army and the bar owners this afternoon, bar owners were told they must close at 12 and if the Police ask bar owners for money so they can stay open later (as is the normal way as HH is officially midnight closing) they have to refuse to give it to them

I doubt very much the late Karoke bars will be able to open late but hope I am proved wrong

Edited by darrendsd

• 4 weeks later...

Why is there still early closing for bars in Cha Am and HH? I've just got into town from bkk to find bars winding down around midnight, with music and lights off and drinkers sitting in silence. Not great for a holiday. I've asked bar staff who just shrug and say "poleet closs fol low seesong". Cha Am is like a ghost town this week. Surely the authorities want to boost tourism not kill it off completely.