London Man Arrested Over Homophobic Bleach Attack

Scott

London: Man arrested over homophobic bleach attacks

The arrest was made in Kent (Photo: NW54 London)

A man has been arrested in connection with two homophobic attacks, where bleach was used, in south London.

The 31-year-old was arrested in Kent on suspicion of committing grievous bodily harm and is being held at a south London police station.

The attacks took place outside Lightbox club in South Lambeth Place at around 4am on Sunday 8 June.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/06/12/london-man-arrested-over-homophobic-bleach-attacks/

When I was young and handsome I left a gay club at 2 in the morning. There were two "men" waiting outside with an iron bar which they used to beat me around the head with. I'd be more than happy to extend the same treatment to these ar seholes. F u CK tolerance. Let the bastards suffer a little...

While your sentiment is understandable from your personal experience, escalation will not lead to tolerance and acceptance in the long run.

When I was young and handsome I left a gay club at 2 in the morning. There were two "men" waiting outside with an iron bar which they used to beat me around the head with. I'd be more than happy to extend the same treatment to these ar seholes. F u CK tolerance. Let the bastards suffer a little...

While your sentiment is understandable from your personal experience, escalation will not lead to tolerance and acceptance in the long run.

Tolerance and acceptance from homophobes?

They are the scum of the earth and need a very good lesson to be delivered to them.

I agree with sustento.......F u CK tolerance, enough is enough.

• Like 1

The problem that Sustento probably experienced, as well as many gays, is that he was not targeted for something he did. For people out to bash gays, it's not even necessary to make sure they are gay.

People like that are generally pretty disturbed people. They are violent by nature. These are the type of people who hung blacks, raped white women who dated blacks, murder prostitutes and left Matthew Shepard to die hanging on a fence.

The damage that they do is long lasting and goes far beyond the physical injuries they inflict, providing a victim lives through the attack.

• Like 1

"...will not lead to tolerance and acceptance in the long run."

I've never understood this quest for tolerance. I don't seek to be tolerated. You tolerate unpleasant, noxious things.

I don't recall any other group of people seeking their civil rights under the banner

"Please tolerate/stomach/endure/put-up-with us."

tol·er·ate

ˈtäləˌrāt/
verb
  1. allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference.
    "a regime unwilling to tolerate dissent"
    accept or endure (someone or something unpleasant or disliked) with forbearance.
    "how was it that she could tolerate such noise?"
    synonyms: endure, put up with, bear, take, stand, support,stomach, deal with;
Edited by Suradit69

After watching a video recently describing all the homophobic (and anti-Jewish and anti-Muslim and racist) comments made by football fans/morons in UK that are ignored by stadium stewards and the police, it's interesting that they sometimes enforce the laws quite strictly:

A STUDENT was made to spend the night in a police cell for repeatedly calling an officer’s horse ‘gay’.
Sam Brown, 21, had been out with friends when he drunkenly staggered past two police horses in the early hours.He was arrested and fined £80 for ‘causing harassment, harm or distress’.
The English student asked one officer if his horse was gay and, despite police warnings, continued to make comments about the animal’s sexuality.
He was handcuffed, taken to a nearby police station and freed the following day.
The Oxford University finalist had been celebrating the end of his exams in the city centre.
‘I don’t know why I did it,’ said Mr Brown, from Belfast, who claims his actions were not homophobic.
‘As far as I know calling a horse “gay” is not offensive,’ he added.
‘I don’t think I’ve committed a crime – I wasn’t talking about a human being. A friend I was with is homosexual and doesn’t think I did anything wrong.’

http://metro.co.uk/2005/06/08/arrested-for-gay-horse-jibe-590815/

• Like 1

A STUDENT was made to spend the night in a police cell for repeatedly calling an officer’s horse ‘gay’.

Sam Brown, 21, had been out with friends when he drunkenly staggered past two police horses in the early hours.He was arrested and fined £80 for ‘causing harassment, harm or distress’.

The English student asked one officer if his horse was gay and, despite police warnings, continued to make comments about the animal’s sexuality.

He was handcuffed, taken to a nearby police station and freed the following day.

The Oxford University finalist had been celebrating the end of his exams in the city centre.

‘I don’t know why I did it,’ said Mr Brown, from Belfast, who claims his actions were not homophobic.

‘I don’t think I’ve committed a crime – I wasn’t talking about a human being. A friend I was with is homosexual and doesn’t think I did anything wrong.’

I suspect the real reason he spent a night in the cells was because he was acting like a drunken ar sehole and was put in there to sober up. Doesn't make quite as entertaining a news item though.

Edited by sustento

"...will not lead to tolerance and acceptance in the long run."

I've never understood this quest for tolerance. I don't seek to be tolerated. You tolerate unpleasant, noxious things.

I don't recall any other group of people seeking their civil rights under the banner

"Please tolerate/stomach/endure/put-up-with us."

tol·er·ate

ˈtäləˌrāt/
verb
  1. allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference.
    "a regime unwilling to tolerate dissent"
    accept or endure (someone or something unpleasant or disliked) with forbearance.
    "how was it that she could tolerate such noise?"
    synonyms: endure, put up with, bear, take, stand, support,stomach, deal with;

I wrote "tolerance and acceptance". Tolerance is the first step, but of course not the final goal.

Tolerance and acceptance from homophobes?

They are the scum of the earth and need a very good lesson to be delivered to them.

I agree with sustento.......F u CK tolerance, enough is enough.

I tend to agree with 'Deleted* the tolerance. Perhaps if more of these a$$es get a bruising they collectively will back off. Sadly, where do they learn this stuff from. Outside of just bad seed, it is bad parenting, bad examples, peer pressure, listening to bible thumpers and sadly many so called moral folks ..either of the cloth or so called saintly persons. Oxymoron I know.

Excellant undercover program. What I saw were officials not taking accountablity on their lack of intervention and making excuses. Especially the head of them. I would bet the stewards and such in the stadiums are so intimated by the numbers they just want to get through the day. It appears to be a cultural thing pervasive through England. No one was immune.....equal opportunity bigots. IMO, the only way this will be nipped in the bud is for the game to be stopped and either kick them out or cancel the game with the offending fans of the team taking a forfeit.

After watching a video recently describing all the homophobic (and anti-Jewish and anti-Muslim and racist) comments made by football fans/morons in UK that are ignored by stadium stewards and the police, it's interesting that they sometimes enforce the laws quite strictly: