TV Topics in General

totallyobnoxiousme

Hi everyone!

Personally, I’ve found that floating in and out under an assumed Newbie moniker seems to incite or get a sympathy vote from a very small minority of TV members. Particularly, whenever I’ve posted a novel topic. These TV disciplinarians are as one would personally suspect ‘a load of grumpy old farts’ that never had their secondary nap or just desserts. So in effect, need to voice their opinions to see them through the day, save booting the cat/dog/missus up the A%%. As a consequence, both my Granddad’s were pretty off key who displayed tendencies to discipline others as some kind of birthright. Maybe, I’m just a bit unruly for having an attitude that didn’t marry up with Thiers?

TV MEMBERS
Why does their experiences of life never seem to gel with ours?
Why is it they tend to not listen too reason?
Why do they persist in making out you’ve committed the cardinal sin and become a serial troller if they can’t answer your subject?
Why do they always say things like – you can always go back to your own country if you don’t like it?
Why do they assume we are all in the teachers' profession with no money?
Why do they give public warnings whenever someone voices an opinion that doesn’t constitute anything of a serious nature?
Why do they think they can insult others in this a virtual world and not the real world where retribution would be a whole lot different in their own country of birth.

Why is it TV members of the toxic fraternity go so far off the OP it seems like they’re spaced out or tripping?

Wouldn’t it be really nice, if this topic was looked at more as a light heartedly subject, giving off some comical aired views that never came back with the usual calculated repulsive comments of the seniority nature we’ve become accustomed too? Am I asking or expecting too much?

Will this subject focus on the OP or even be flogged to death for daring to venture into the unknown? Are there still any nice people out there who truly care about others?

Lets find out ............................. thumbsup.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As always Charlie H writes a very sensible response to an Obviously "out of touch" OP!

OP, sounds as though you are having some "acceptance" issues not only with your elders but TV in general.....Yeah, I know, this post is focused on YOU...but then again YOU are the one with issues re "TV".

If you really paid attention to many of the posts and responses you would see that there are MANY very helpful responses...That is if you are looking for "help"! So ...YES...many TV posters do care!

• Like 1

First off, drifting in and out under assumed newbie, is actually against forum rules to have more than one account. Why the need to decieve or be devious?

Never gel with "ours"? Who is "ours" suggests a group.

Not to listen to reason ? Maybe just a different opinion, those are allowed ya know.

Troll? Dont act like one and you wont be treated like one.

Go home? Well dont Thai bash or try to make Thailand or moan it isnt the western state you hail from and it wont happen.

Teachers, Dunno are you? Most younger people are in that category.

Real world? well thats the general nature of internet forums.

Off the OP, rarely happens in my observation, but when it does its a natural discussion spin off.

Lighthearted? Well unfortunately with the written word is hard to detect expression and emotion, sometimes its not whats said but how its perceived. 90% or higher of communication is non verbal, so sometimes people see it differently from whats intended, thats called, human nature.

Well' as per my Red print (above) never new this to be honest - thanks for the warning !!!

I also think that tv is an excellent forum board for some information relevant to foreigners or people living in Thailand that without a doubt helps enormously in day to day with good advice. That is not up for debate. If you want to Bash me to death so be it - nothing ventured nothing gained.

Off out now and have a nice day Charlie ...............................

Edited by totallyobnoxiousme

<snip>PS going back and editing your post after a reply has been made, reminds me of a typical JT move.

Speaking of a Dude ... we haven't had a Baht Bus Driver did me wrong for some time now.

Anyone have any intel?

Search Party.

Party of any sort ... smiley-party-emoticon.gif

• Like 1

Op have you had a look at the other Thailand forum,it makes this look like a jolly tea party,i am not a member of it and neither do i wish to be,but if you want to see negative comment's and threatning abuse i suggest you have a look.

Why is it TV members of the toxic fraternity go so far off the OP it seems like they’re spaced out or tripping?

Op have you had a look at the other Thailand forum,it makes this look like a jolly tea party,i am not a member of it and neither do i wish to be,but if you want to see negative comment's and threatning abuse i suggest you have a look.

Hi there totallyobnoxiousme ... welcome to Thai Visa.

We can see you are intelligent.

You have an opnion.

Just what do you want to share with us?

Oh ... also ... just who do you think make up the 'toxic fraternity' ?

How was this off topic,you complained about negativity on tv,and i simply gave you a comparison,i suggest sir you are the spaced out one,good day to you ,sir.

You have an opnion.

Thank you for being polite and do appreciate that sincerely.

To be honest and in a nutshell' would be a bit nicer if people never slated everyone to such a degree that it leaves one bewildered at times. I suspect they (toxic fraternity) purposely indoctrinate, manipulate the poster into a state of confusion by veering off into some other subject to win their petty arguments that never seems relevant to the topic in the first place.

David, I really do think TV is best Forum in Thailand to help Foreigners with particular problems and with sound advice’ given out by those who have the experiences which can help enormously. However, it seems at times some members come on her to cat-call and jeer and crucify others for the hell of it…… I expect now I’ll be harangued and reprimanded by others for stating anything that doesn’t fall into place with their views.

Nobody’s perfect my friend … but hey’ please give some people a break now and then, they’re only asking for guidance …………

Being so new, and with the absence of information on your profile, would you care to share a little about yourself ? Where you are from, do you live in Thailand as as an example ?

If you dont care to do that, its no problem, just a thought.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1

Being so new, and with the absence of information on your profile, would you care to share a little about yourself ? Where you are from, do you live in Thailand as as an example ?

If you dont care to do that, its no problem, just a thought.

Not new, resided in Thailand for nearly a decade. I am a professional person. From the UK.

You have an opnion.

To be honest and in a nutshell' would be a bit nicer if people never slated everyone to such a degree that it leaves one bewildered at times. I suspect they (toxic fraternity) purposely indoctrinate, manipulate the poster into a state of confusion by veering off into some other subject to win their petty arguments that never seems relevant to the topic in the first place.

David, I really do think TV is best Forum in Thailand to help Foreigners with particular problems and with sound advice’ given out by those who have the experiences which can help enormously. However, it seems at times some members come on her to cat-call and jeer and crucify others for the hell of it…… I expect now I’ll be harangued and reprimanded by others for stating anything that doesn’t fall into place with their views.

Nobody’s perfect my friend … but hey’ please give some people a break now and then, they’re only asking for guidance …………

I can respect that reply. Your platitudes are appreciated, but that does not buy my respect.

That said ... I do understand your origins, your roots.

My story is simple ... I was a member here for 12 months, just content to read the News Forum and some Visa advice before I even made my first post ... I'm probably the extreme opposite of the guy who rocks up, avatar already in place and posts a question as his first post.

Who's action is correct? ... neither ... and both.

You do (and post) as you see fit.

Where we, as a members group do get a touch cynical is when a 'Newbie' comes all guns blazing after 3 posts and tells us how the lay of the land lies.

We think, maybe one of three things ...

1/ Welcome back recently banned Troll

2/ See above

3/ See above

Most times we are proven correct.

Now, I'm not saying that about your good self.

But we do approach with a healthy degree of scepticism.

So, in good faith, welcome aboard.

Use your talents for good, not mischief.

Well ... a little bit of mischief anyway ... 'tis Thailand anyway ... biggrin.png

• Like 2

You have an opnion.

I can respect that reply. Your platitudes are appreciated, but that does not buy my respect.

That said ... I do understand your origins, your roots.

My story is simple ... I was a member here for 12 months, just content to read the News Forum and some Visa advice before I even made my first post ... I'm probably the extreme opposite of the guy who rocks up, avatar already in place and posts a question as his first post.

Who's action is correct? ... neither ... and both.

You do (and post) as you see fit.

Where we, as a members group do get a touch cynical is when a 'Newbie' comes all guns blazing after 3 posts and tells us how the lay of the land lies.

We think, maybe one of three things ...

1/ Welcome back recently banned Troll

2/ See above

3/ See above

Most times we are proven correct.

Now, I'm not saying that about your good self.

But we do approach with a healthy degree of scepticism.

So, in good faith, welcome aboard.

Use your talents for good, not mischief.

Well ... a little bit of mischief anyway ... 'tis Thailand anyway ... biggrin.png

Good answer David' nonetheless incorrect. Been reading TV for many years. Admittedly, never really posted much other than the odd quips since' my job held me back with more important things at hand. Although, would like to participate a little more in the said future. Good luck and wish you all the best with your kind advice that will surely help others who really need it ............

Just what in my post do you find toxic ,exactly?

Just what in my post do you find toxic ,exactly?

Easy - YOU !!! .. Got to go home now and thank you for your thoughts .............

This is following a typical MO here.

1) Lame OP slagging off TV membership

2) Follow up posts where the OP claims to live here, and have been here for years, speaks 'fluent' Thai, has a wonderful 6 figure salaried job, HiSo Thai Chinese wife or has married a PHd or medical Doctor, International businesswoman he met from Thai Friendly.

Exhibit A below where he claims to be a 'professional person' because as we all know 'professional people' just love spending all day spamming internet fora and not getting on with their jobs and enjoying their wonderful lives here.If I wasn't tied to my desk today I'd not even bother replying to this deranged lunatic's drivel.

Not new, resided in Thailand for nearly a decade. I am a professional person. From the UK.

I'll go and save us all a lot of time. You are Not a professional person. You are some low paid TEFL teacher with serious mental issues.

Now please some Mod zap this liar's nonsense before he starts to believe his own lies like PPmac and whereustay..

Said' like a Pro - Drinker ........ well' you do have a sense of humour after all I see ... you made me laugh my friend ... thanks for that made my day .......... bye for now

OP, as my Grandpappy used to say, "Don't ask a question If you don't want to hear the answer." And, since most questions are of opinions, there is no correct answer.

But, to be sincerely honest, we hate you. And everybody else.

MY grandpa used to say, "If you're sure it's just a fart and not backed up by his pals, you'll be reet" (alright) and he got through D Day and Market Garden regardless of the Yanks making an abysmal hash of both....no matter how much that lying c*nt Tom Hanks like to pin the blame elsewhere