Hillary Clinton urges Scotland to stay in UK

webfact

It's a bit rich that Americans who escaped from the clutches of the Wasteminster Parliament by means of an armed uprising and now celebrate their Independence every 4th July should tell the Scots they shouldn't have Independence by a democratic vote!

I smell the hand of that lying old Etonian David Cameron in this...

Westminster Parliament.

Scotland's hardly oppressed now is it? Not still the 18th century and Scotland wasn't a colony.

You champion a democratic vote - not very democratic when 3 of the 4 nations in the UK aren't getting a say. Maybe the other 3 nations should be asked if they want to allow Scotland to stay in the UK?

Wouldn't disagree with your adjectives on Mr. Cameron but somehow I doubt Mrs,Clinton is heavily influenced by him, or President Obama.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is advantage or disadvantage to US in regards to Scottish independence or dependence?

I do not really understand why US administration once again sticking it's nose where it should not

Ever heard of the "special relationship" between the US and UK?

The US realizes a weaker UK, and it would be weaker if any of the 4 nations exited, strengthens the position of some other European countries. Which is not good for the US.

• Like 1

It's a bit rich that Americans who escaped from the clutches of the Wasteminster Parliament by means of an armed uprising and now celebrate their Independence every 4th July should tell the Scots they shouldn't have Independence by a democratic vote!

I smell the hand of that lying old Etonian David Cameron in this...

Westminster Parliament.

Scotland's hardly oppressed now is it? Not still the 18th century and Scotland wasn't a colony.

You champion a democratic vote - not very democratic when 3 of the 4 nations in the UK aren't getting a say. Maybe the other 3 nations should be asked if they want to allow Scotland to stay in the UK?

Wouldn't disagree with your adjectives on Mr. Cameron but somehow I doubt Mrs,Clinton is heavily influenced by him, or President Obama.

That's right! Simply ignore the principle in my statement. Then show your ignorance of history and your lack of understanding of democracy...

• Like 1

She should stay out of this. The Brits don't like us sticking our nose in their business.

No - we don't mind our US "cousin's" expressing their view and reasoning at all. Both Obama and Clinton have expressed their views and reasoning. Their opinions should be valued.

If you find the 2 aforementioned politicians opinions of value I think you should adopt them Dear cousin, Pretty please!

What is advantage or disadvantage to US in regards to Scottish independence or dependence?

I do not really understand why US administration once again sticking it's nose where it should not

The US realizes a weaker UK, and it would be weaker if any of the 4 nations exited, strengthens the position of some other European countries. Which is not good for the US.

Do you interfere in your brother or sisters marriages and family matters. They can decide for themselves and we can support all and respect their decisions and work together towards the greater good. Never get in between to brothers fighting.

I guess shame this is NOT about US but about Scotland

I may be a stupid question but if Scotland does become independent, what happens to Scottish expats regarding their passports?

Would they just keep their UK passport or have to get a Scottish passport.

How could they even decide who would be entitled to a Scots passport.

Those who live there now, those born there, those who ever lived there, those whose ancestors came from there?

I'd probably qualify. I could wipe my arse with it. (Just a bit of twisted ex-squaddie humour), sorry.

Plus they'd have to move their nuclear submarines.

She should stay out of this. The Brits don't like us sticking our nose in their business.

The entire world has had just about enough of the US interfering with their internal, sovereign matters.

• Like 2

"From the outside at least it looks like things have worked pretty well," Obama said.

Why is it...that politicians...who are admittedly outside the loop...feel the need to weigh-in on subjects where their knowledge is lacking?

Same thing...as all of the flack the international community is giving the Thai Military over the gov't takeover...the critics are outsiders who do not know or understand the internal affairs of Thailand...just be quiet...take care of your own messes...quit interfering in others business...

• Like 1

as i personaly know since i started to travel ...scotish never liked english, welsh never liked english, irish never liked english, french never liked english . myself , because of my own experience in england and around the world i generally avoid and do not like english people i meet , but there is many as i am.....perhaps it is because english are funny.....they are one way when they are not pissed, and they are another way (violent, stupid, sellfish etc etc ) when they are drunk and unfortunetly this happened all the time.... in thailand or where ever they are...we can see it with the football events, in england they have a big problem with alcool habits and secuently violence habits, to resum english are a mess unfortunetly.

hilary clinton should live in england like i did before she urge the scotish whatever to do.....!

i am sorry for the good english people that i do not know but for sure there is somewhere.

coffee1.gif

At the moment, in the opinion polls which are normally quite accurate in the UK when you draw an average of the top 5 or 6 pollsters, have the 'YES' vote as being around 37%... and the 'NO' as 47% and 16% undecided.

However, unlike in elections, it is one thing to express what you personally want to happen and what will actually happen. The polls don't take 'apathy' into consideration the way it should... This is the clincher, because I think most of the voter apathy will rest with the 'NO' camp.

It is far less likely that the YES camp will be apathetic, as these are going to be the staunch nationalists and English haters, those who can't forgive the past... This is their 'revenge' and they sure as hell aint gonna let it slip them by... Whereas, the NO camp probably will be assuming that a victory for them is a foregone conclusion, and a portion of them possibly won't even bother going to vote or they don't figure the actual importance it is for them to make the effort.

It is also interesting to note that should the YES camp win their independence for Scotland, that is going to put a huge bullet through the Labour Party's future election successes, as they will lose around 50 safe seats in one fell swoop.....

Also, if they get independence and stay out of the EU for a spell, then there are going to be some problems for all the Jocks working in England and Wales etc.... A polish person will have more rights and benefits that a Jock, they will also have to apply for work permits etc.

I am neither a staunch nationalist nor an English hater but i will be voting `yes`,kind of makes that part of your rant a pile of drivel.

You'll have to be living in Scotland to be eligible to vote.

Why are you on this forum?

Edited by Bpuumike

At the moment, in the opinion polls which are normally quite accurate in the UK when you draw an average of the top 5 or 6 pollsters, have the 'YES' vote as being around 37%... and the 'NO' as 47% and 16% undecided.

However, unlike in elections, it is one thing to express what you personally want to happen and what will actually happen. The polls don't take 'apathy' into consideration the way it should... This is the clincher, because I think most of the voter apathy will rest with the 'NO' camp.

It is far less likely that the YES camp will be apathetic, as these are going to be the staunch nationalists and English haters, those who can't forgive the past... This is their 'revenge' and they sure as hell aint gonna let it slip them by... Whereas, the NO camp probably will be assuming that a victory for them is a foregone conclusion, and a portion of them possibly won't even bother going to vote or they don't figure the actual importance it is for them to make the effort.

It is also interesting to note that should the YES camp win their independence for Scotland, that is going to put a huge bullet through the Labour Party's future election successes, as they will lose around 50 safe seats in one fell swoop.....

Also, if they get independence and stay out of the EU for a spell, then there are going to be some problems for all the Jocks working in England and Wales etc.... A polish person will have more rights and benefits that a Jock, they will also have to apply for work permits etc.

I am neither a staunch nationalist nor an English hater but i will be voting `yes`,kind of makes that part of your rant a pile of drivel.

You'll have to be living in Scotland to be eligible to vote.

Why are you on this forum?

This is a World News forum so why can't someone from Scotland, or anywhere in the

world, be on this forum????

Or are you from a different world????? facepalm.gif

Edited by phuketjock

Actually I'm not that bothered what her opinions are.

But I do understand your country's pathological hatred of Piers Morgan, we hate him too.

thumbsup.gif

What difference does it make

clap2.gif

Considering she is a 6 to 4 favorite to be the next President of the U.S., and the next closest competitor is only 12 to 1,I'd say that does make some difference for both Scots and Brits.

I may be a stupid question but if Scotland does become independent, what happens to Scottish expats regarding their passports?

Would they just keep their UK passport or have to get a Scottish passport.

How could they even decide who would be entitled to a Scots passport.

Those who live there now, those born there, those who ever lived there, those whose ancestors came from there?

Really constructive. I was born and brought up in Scotland.

I was in training in 1964 when Smith declared UDI. The Rhodesian apprentices immediately lost their passports and had to ETD back to Rhodesia.

What's actually at stake here for the UK? Will they still hold suzerainty over Scotland or will there be a full new country inside or outside the EU?

If they become independent, in due course they would be in a similar position as the Republic of Ireland.

The real problems lie in the interim period as they cannot immediately be part of the EU. An application has to be made and that could take some time.

There are many issues that have not been aired in public and that many of the voters may be unaware of. I hope that when it comes down to it the voters will stick with what they know.

Edited by sandyf