Hillary Clinton urges Scotland to stay in UK

webfact

I may be a stupid question but if Scotland does become independent, what happens to Scottish expats regarding their passports?

Would they just keep their UK passport or have to get a Scottish passport.

I expect they'll be using the UK consular services for a while in the absence of any civil service of heir own.

Has to be addressed but theoretically ceasing to be part of the UK looses citizenship of the UK and EU. Salmon thinks everyone will just invent some special laws to accommodate this so he isn't inconvenienced. Scottish bank notes, given the stellar performance of Scottish banks of late, could also be an issue on Forex. Again, Salmon hopes someone will sort it all out - as long as he can be president!

Exactly. Always thought it interesting that Superrich gave a different rate for the Scottish Pound.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Hillary needs to get back to the gym from what I have seen of her recently and keep her hooter out of

things that don't concern her a bunch ! Let Hillary focus on keeping Bill smiling, or Monica will be on the blower agin !

Quite frankly, let the sweaties do what they want to do - a few bits of stone up at the border could soon patch that wall up !

Out of curiosity, outside of Scotland, does anyone really care? I looked at the UK population, losing Scotland hardly makes a dent and I sincerely doubt that the US really cares whether Scotland becomes some 'Lithuania' or not

I work with a number of British people, most are English. I asked them about Scottish Independence and all either didn't care or expressed a hope that they do become independent. Not a very scientific study, but it was interesting in that the topic couldn't even generate a discussion.

I work with a number of British people, most are English. I asked them about Scottish Independence and all either didn't care or expressed a hope that they do become independent. Not a very scientific study, but it was interesting in that the topic couldn't even generate a discussion.

That's sort of what I imagined. Sort of a non event everywhere from my perspective

She should stay out of this. The Brits don't like us sticking our nose in their business.

I agree. I'm from the USA and if Hillary were around in 1776 we might still be a colony. Distiny is best reserved for the citizens of Scotland and not by meddlers in my government.

I

• Like 1

At the moment, in the opinion polls which are normally quite accurate in the UK when you draw an average of the top 5 or 6 pollsters, have the 'YES' vote as being around 37%... and the 'NO' as 47% and 16% undecided.

However, unlike in elections, it is one thing to express what you personally want to happen and what will actually happen. The polls don't take 'apathy' into consideration the way it should... This is the clincher, because I think most of the voter apathy will rest with the 'NO' camp.

It is far less likely that the YES camp will be apathetic, as these are going to be the staunch nationalists and English haters, those who can't forgive the past... This is their 'revenge' and they sure as hell aint gonna let it slip them by... Whereas, the NO camp probably will be assuming that a victory for them is a foregone conclusion, and a portion of them possibly won't even bother going to vote or they don't figure the actual importance it is for them to make the effort.

It is also interesting to note that should the YES camp win their independence for Scotland, that is going to put a huge bullet through the Labour Party's future election successes, as they will lose around 50 safe seats in one fell swoop.....

Also, if they get independence and stay out of the EU for a spell, then there are going to be some problems for all the Jocks working in England and Wales etc.... A polish person will have more rights and benefits that a Jock, they will also have to apply for work permits etc.

I am neither a staunch nationalist nor an English hater but i will be voting `yes`,kind of makes that part of your rant a pile of drivel.

You'll have to be living in Scotland to be eligible to vote.

Why are you on this forum?

Freedom of expression comes ro mind.

Today's poll - 53.8% of the decided electorate in Glasgow will vote yes. If Glasgow votes yes, the country will vote yes

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Today's poll where? Parkhead?

cheesy.gif

Hillary Clinton was careful to say, as they are all careful to say, that she has no vote in Scotland's referendum. Well, who would have thought? Like her former boss Barack Obama, the erstwhile US Secretary of State certainly didn't want to sound as though she was interfering in anyone's democracy. Since the BBC persists in asking the question, however, the apparently coy answers keep on coming

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scottish-Independence/533919023290523

• Like 1

Today's poll - 53.8% of the decided electorate in Glasgow will vote yes. If Glasgow votes yes, the country will vote yes

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Today's poll where? Parkhead?

cheesy.gif

Well of course the Pope is also in favour of a no vote if you believe the Daily Ranger(which no one on the yes side does)so obviously the bears and the orange lodge have taken that to heart and voted yes .After all ,so more like Ibrox,,The parkheid lassies and lassies were put doon as no or undecided as they were bent over double pishing themselves wi laughter