is it possible to take our honda phantom on ferries?

Hi

We have recently moved to Krabi and are taking a 10 day trip over to Ko Samui and then to Ko Phangan and Ko Tao next week. We have a honda phantom and wondering whether its possible to do this trip on our bike, rather connecting with bus from Krabi to Surat Thani and using ferries and then having to hire scooter during our trip.

Many thanks

As others have said, scooters are fine on car ferries. However car ferries do not run between the islands, they run from the mainland (Don Sak near Surat Thani for Phangan & Samui, Chumphon for Tao) to each island separately.

Some of the smaller ferries occasionally carry a handful of bikes (seen them on Songserm myself) but you'd need to negotiate that, and maybe they only carry employee bikes. Loading on/off can be a major hassle, too.

• Like 1

As mentioned Raja and also Seatran from Donsak, to Samui (both terminals very close to each other!) will do on the car ferries to KS and KP.... not sure about KT...

Ask them about Koa Toa, as Angthong suggested as I have seen them take bikes on walk on ferries too, but it could be employees....? A Phantom may be too large to get up the walk way to the boat....

It will be classified as a "large bike".... (Over 125 cc) .... just means you pay a little more for you and the bike... 50 baht more if memory serves!

Usually first on and first off the ferry!

• Like 1

No problem on the car ferry.

Don't know about Koh Tao, but don't bother to bring bike there.

Sent from the djungle using Thaivisa app

I agree, leave the bike on KP. Perhaps one of the member who live there could offer a parking spot for a couple of days. No guarantee of security but still better than parking it just anywhere.

I took my bike on the Haad Rin Queen boat to Koh Phangan from samui last month, 300baht, riding down the pier on Samui was a bit scary.

That is good to know! ....thumbsup.gif .... although of course the other scary ride is from Had Rin to Tongsala... well the bit coming out of HR with the very steep hill.... w00t.gif

I took my bike on the Haad Rin Queen boat to Koh Phangan from samui last month, 300baht, riding down the pier on Samui was a bit scary.

That is good to know! ....thumbsup.gif .... although of course the other scary ride is from Had Rin to Tongsala... well the bit coming out of HR with the very steep hill.... w00t.gif

That's not at all scary. If you want scary ride the road to Thong Nai Pan.

thanks everyone for your helpful advice. We have decided to have a rest from the bike and take the ferry/bus combination which was not bad value from Krabi 500 baht each including bus to pier at surat thani and ferry to ko samui. Can we go from Ko samui to ko tao and then ko phangan and back to surat thani or is this long winded way to go? Also any ideas of best places to stay on Ko Tao and Ko Phangan, have already booked accommodation in Ko Samui.