Esol Entry Level 1

Yes; but for visa purposes remember the test provider must be on the UKVI approved list.

None of the approved providers in Thailand offer this; but if one has passed at this level with an approved provider elsewhere, e.g. in the UK whilst there as a visitor, then that is acceptable.

My wife passed the ESOL Level 1 test in January of this year at Strodes College Egham Surrey.after an 11 week course.....................but they on not on the UKVI approved list.

So when is a pass not a pass.......ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's not the college where she took the course which needs to be on the approved list; it's the test provider; listed under 'Awarded by.'

For example, ESOL skills for life entry 1 awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment is the equivalent of A1 (see page 11 of the list).

What type of visa was she in the UK for that 11 weeks with?

If she was in the UK as a general or family visitor then she will have breached the terms of her visa.

General and family visitors can only undertake short courses of study in the UK of no more than 30 days; provided that course is not the main reason for the visit.

It's not the college where she took the course which needs to be on the approved list; it's the test provider; listed under 'Awarded by.'

For example, ESOL skills for life entry 1 awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment is the equivalent of A1 (see page 11 of the list).

What type of visa was she in the UK for that 11 weeks with?

If she was in the UK as a general or family visitor then she will have breached the terms of her visa.

General and family visitors can only undertake short courses of study in the UK of no more than 30 days; provided that course is not the main reason for the visit.

Edexcel was the 'awarding body ' My wife is here on a Spouse Settlement Visa......which expires on the 1st July.

I sent off the Entry level 1 pass certificate for Flr to back up the A1 TOIEC pass she took in Thailand (thinking if the TOIEC only had a validity of 2 years the Level 1 pass could back it up) but the Home Office now has a problem with the TOIEC and her application is now on ' hold ' pending further investigations'

I can't see Edexel on the approved list; but it's dated November last year and TOIEC still are!

All I can suggest is that she either takes the test again from a provider on the list or wait with her application on hold while the Home Office to sort out their 'problem' with TOIEC.