uploading pics bigger than a thumbnail

keestha

I asked this a while ago. biggrin.png

Loading a picture from your computer will only give you the thumbnails.

To get the bigger pictures that some others use you have to use a photo sharing site like Photobucket. Load you picture there and then post the link to onto your post,

A bit long winded I know but them's the rules blink.png

smile.png

Yes, I recently created a PhotoBucket acount.

You go from this (using the Thai Visa storage option) ...

post-104736-0-91530800-1402724359_thumb.

to this using photobucket or a similiar place to store the photo ...

P2090200LR_zps6e5ad61a.jpg

It's exactly the same photo ... just a different storage method.

Edited by David48

Also, at the bottom of my pinned topic I have a list of some of the more popular photo hosting sites. Personally I use Flickr with 1TB free space.

Hey, a bit off-topic.

Is Flickr that much better then PhotoBucket?

I simply picked the latter through ... through ... through, no real logical reason really ... w00t.gif

Also, at the bottom of my pinned topic I have a list of some of the more popular photo hosting sites. Personally I use Flickr with 1TB free space.

Hey, a bit off-topic.

Is Flickr that much better then PhotoBucket?

Flickr versus PhotoBucket Steve-Digicams Though I think some of the information is outdated, specifically the Flickr monthly upload limit but will have to check.

http://techably.com/flickr-vs-photobucket/3324/

A comment on another forum "I use both but flickr is very much my "These are Photographs" place whilst photobucket is my "dumpsite" for general snaps or screen shots or anything else random that I want hosted online."

Flickr has a social aspect to it also in that you can join groups with similar interests such as my Olympus EM-1 has a group. From what I've read, the compression algorithm on Flickr is cleaner than Photobucket though I've never ran tests to compare.

• Like 1

288539c12c2002d91402737345.jpegG

Guess it worked now, using the image icon on top of the reply box, and pasting in the URL from resizemypicture.com Thanks guys. By the way that site seems to be more hassle free than Flickr or Photobucket, you don't have to register and you can choose between different resize options, but they just keep the pic on the server for about 15 minutes or so.

Edited by keestha