I want my name on my child's birth certificate

robbiegtm

As noted, having your name on the birth certificate out of wedlock does not legally imply that you are the father. However, having our name on the birth certificate will make the procedure to be legally recognized as the father a bit easier.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

She can put any name she likes on the birth certificate. No checks are made and she does not even need your permission.

Actually not in Sakon Nakhon. I had to sign to have my name on the birth certificate at the local Amphur. Without me signing they couldn't put my name on, so I had to fly back from Singapore to sign plus gave a copy of my passport and sign that as well.

As is always the case with this country it is not the same everywhere in my case in Nong Khai I was required to have a witness (as on all birth certificates) who verified my information. I was also asked to provide passport. So no problem.

And as stated above it will make it easier if you decide to get married to be considered the legal father of said child. Congrats and good luck.

• Like 1

There does seem to be different rules everywhere in Thailand, In my case I had to get a Thai copy of my passport then the mother had to sign that it was ok for me to be put on the birth certificate as the father. As we are now married it's saved shed loads of problems having to sort thing out later. As other have pointed out you will also be able to register the birth with your embassy getting the child a western passport very handy if she ever wanted one.

I just had a baby with my GF and still not legally divorce from my (ex) wife), your name can be in the birth paper no problem, but you are not the legal father of the baby till you marry the baby's mother or go to curt so you can use your baby birth certificate to get Non O visa.

Yes it is important robbiegtm, the Australian embassy will give her Australian citizenship immediately if your name is on the birth Certificate.....

ditto canada. get your name on that birth certificate for the childs sake

She can put any name she likes on the birth certificate. No checks are made and she does not even need your permission.

One of my bar staff years ago put the world's richest man down as the father on her child's birth certificate for "good luck"...

One of my bar staff years ago put the world's richest man down as the father on her child's birth certificate for "good luck"...

Somchai Gates .

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I want my name on my child's birth certificate with my current Thai girlfriend but I'm not yet divorced from my previous Thai wife who lives in Australia.

You might consider to see a psychologist......

• Like 1

I want my name on my child's birth certificate with my current Thai girlfriend but I'm not yet divorced from my previous Thai wife who lives in Australia.

I'm sick of old people that don't have anything productive to say. Just because I'm not divorced doesn't mean I haven't been seperated for what you may conceive as being an appropriate length of time to begin a new relationship. As I live in Thailand and my ex lives in Australia it has been hard to find the time to organise a divorce. As you obviously are one of those old men who can collect your pension I'm still 30 years away from a pension but am lucky enough to have a good job here, a house and a business back home and don't need to frequent the bars to find a girlfriend. If using Thai visa leaving unproductive comments is your only joy while over in Thailand I think you are incorrect in who should be seeing a psychologist.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm sick of old people that don't have anything productive to say. Just because I'm not divorced doesn't mean I haven't been seperated for what you may conceive as being an appropriate length of time to begin a new relationship. As I live in Thailand and my ex lives in Australia it has been hard to find the time to organise a divorce. As you obviously are one of those old men who can collect your pension I'm still 30 years away from a pension but am lucky enough to have a good job here, a house and a business back home and don't need to frequent the bars to find a girlfriend. If using Thai visa leaving unproductive comments is your only joy while over in Thailand I think you are incorrect in who should be seeing a psychologist.

Come on and slow down. Sirchai is actually spot on. I don't believe in that crab of getting a divorce and then get a baby but if you have a Thai wife and father a child with another woman do you think this is right?

This has nothing with old guys to do.

You mentioned that its hard to live in Thailand and arrange for a divorce in Australia. If your marriage was registered in Thailand it is not that difficult just divorce and start filing the documents but do take in consideration that if you are not divorced in Thailand you can be hit for adultery with your new lady.

Oh let me guess, you have a good job here, a house in Thailand and a goof business back home. Your wife you try to divorce might be better off to come to Thailand and give you a bad time. If she can proof that the house you bought in Thailand either in your GF name or yours was acquired during your marriage with your Thai wife in Australia you might be in for a surprise.

You can father as many children you want but never do it when you are married to another Thai wife because if she goes after you when you are in Thailand you will be history and loose if she decides to come back to Thailand.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to be offensive but when people don't know me and think that they are in the position to recommend I see a psychologist from what they see and read on Thai visa, it's just ridiculous. Get a life. Here is another difference. I hear about everyone getting burned by Thai girls, well your obviously picking then up in the wrong place. My ex and I are on good terms and everything has long been sorted years ago when we separated. The only surprise is this baby and I was asking for advice but maybe I shouldn't have been asking here as I should have known the answers I would possibly get.