Should ThaiVisa delete erroneous and dangerous messages?

CharlesHH

I see from Google searches that some ThaiVisa.com messages come up as if they were solid and dependable information. However, even on factual information, over half of the messages contain some or a lot of mistaken, erroneous, or dangerous comments. I am thinking of the recent threads on lightning and on electrical plugs. I am not talking about purely opinion comments.

The dangerous ones are not so urgent (the funny one about having a Cambodian stand on the roof to take lightning charges) to deserve flagging, but contain so much misinformation mixed with good information so as to be, at least, unreliable. Yet, some people may think that because of the ThaiVisa source, the messages much be correct. (that is only for people who have not read much B.S. that is standard on ThaiVisa, i.e., new readers)

So, should ThaiVisa take more care to, perhaps, label erroneous messages as OPINION even if they purport, claim, to be factual and yet are not??

I see some important errors even on the dedicated LOCKED category of supposedly the best information.

Or, maybe we should just relax and enjoy the wild, wide ranging messages as humor from people absolutely sure their B.S. is fact?

Or maybe, you should hit Report on the posts which you consider are giving erroneous / dangerous information, including in the report a reasoned argument and suggested change (including deletion of course).

A whole lot more mileage than simply calling BS which helps nobody in the long run.

• Like 2

agree, but it would be a full time job for more than one person to tackle the extensive errors on ThaiVisa and I do not have a work permit.

If I flagged errors, even, then there would be a long tiresome thread contending the flagging. Authority over the site counts, not little old me.

Or maybe, you should hit Report on the posts which you consider are giving erroneous / dangerous information, including in the report a reasoned argument and suggested change (including deletion of course).

A whole lot more mileage than simply calling BS which helps nobody in the long run.

Like I said use Report, there will be no thread (tiresome or otherwise), any discussion would be by PM.

Staff of course have the last word, but we cannot be everywhere and check every thread, we rely on members to assist.

By the way, the answer to your original question is a resounding YES! at least to anything that results in hazard to life.

agree, but it would be a full time job for more than one person to tackle the extensive errors on ThaiVisa and I do not have a work permit.

If I flagged errors, even, then there would be a long tiresome thread contending the flagging. Authority over the site counts, not little old me.

"...but it would be a full time job for more than one person..."

Since you've already claimed to have read these dangerous posts, it would seem you've already done the heavy lifting. All that remains is to hit the report button and write a word or two.

I don't think anyone is asking you to be responsible for reporting all the posts on all the threads in all the forums that you would consider misleading or dangerous, just those that you say you've read. And of course that's not just you, but everyone who finds such things. This is a community, a somewhat dysfunctional community, but a community nonetheless, so we have to assume some responsibility for policing it.

I agree that some information posted, whether in the visa section or medical or whatever is misleading or totally incorrect and if taken as fact could be problematical, but then the Internet is awash with wrong "information" that is posted on authoritative sounding websites. Hopefully readers are not completely credulous and gullible ... I did say "hopefully" ... although some responses in some threads would seem to prove otherwise.

someone-on-the-internet-is-wrong.jpg

Edited by Suradit69

Thai Visa is a forum that contains the views of members. Anyone who sees it any differently is deluding themselves. I have had many questions answered over the years by TV members because many are, like me, living and working in Thailand and have a very broad breadth of experiences. There are also professionals in the insurance, legal and other businesses on hand to give advice. but if you Google a topic and get a TV response on the first page (chances are, you will), you need to assess the replies and then double check any information dispensed by members.

In short, Thai Visa is a very valuable tool, but it is not an bible or an almanac. you need to sift the information

It's a forum. Everything should be read as an individual's opinion. It might be correct, it might be wrong.

On that note, I think it will be snowing soon.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's a forum. Everything should be read as an individual's opinion. It might be correct, it might be wrong.

On that note, I think it will be snowing soon.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm booking the next flight out. I'd love a snowball fight in BKK.