Haircut in Chiang Mai

thaigirlwatcher

Look for the sign below(men's barber). Usually a vertical sign, but not always, on its own stand on the curb infront of the shop.

My experience says 9 out of 10 of them will cut your hair the way you want for a price between 55 baht and 100 baht, depending upon location and how fancy the shop it.

Go to a shop catering to foreigners and/or in a mall and expect to pay 300 baht on up, end up with a hair dresser, not a barber, and be less than satisfied.

ตัด
ผม
ชาย
Edited by noise

I am a female but have been to New York New York hair salon in nimmanhemin twice and have had a great experience. My first cut was with Vera (the owner) and it was 500 baht, my second cut was with a different girl and it was 450 baht. Totally worth the price especially considering it includes a 15 minute head massage. May be less since you probably have short hair!

Walk along the main road from Thaepae gate towards Wat Phra Sing. The second or third Soi on the right (maybe Soi 7). 80 yards along on the left is a small barber shop. Outside are several big posters of customers she has dealt with.

The lady is excellent at cutting western hair and not too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Raotis,

Thanks for the intel. That's the kind of shop that I use here in the States. I prefer a shop like that to a random barber shop.

Mike

you'll have better luck at the barber shops recommended by the men on the forum. i once went to a "salon" and the guy tried to make me look like a Korean pop star! it was terrible. looked ridiculous and lasted about 5 days before i had to get it cut again.

don't let anyone fool you -- 500 is outrageous in C.M. for a haircut. never heard it before. in Bangkok, yes.

The guy is going to arrive in 6 months, stay for a 2 months, and he's asking about a hairdresser. Seriously?

Too blooming cold to get a haircut that time of they year, grow it long to keep the warmth in.

Edited by naboo

The guy is going to arrive in 6 months, stay for a 2 months, and he's asking about a hairdresser. Seriously?

i thought it was a bit odd too!

6 months from now a good percentage of businesses recommended today will be long out of business.

Hi Mike,

Try a lady hairdresser close to Thae Pae Gate. we have been using her for years do you know Chiang Mai? If not then without knowing where you are staying I will try to direct you there.

She is located by the moat (Cannot remember her name) Find Montri Hotel opposite main Thae Pae Gate, Black Canyon Coffe on the opposite Corner. Walk South passing Top North Hotel continue on until the sidewalk recesses by a coffee & cake shop on 30 feet she is on the right there if you find the Corner Restaurant you have gone too far. Price 120 baht around $4.00 & for us she is good been going there for 10 years.. Probably called Hair & Beauty I am not sure only a small salon.

• 1 year later...

Hi Mike,

Try a lady hairdresser close to Thae Pae Gate. we have been using her for years do you know Chiang Mai? If not then without knowing where you are staying I will try to direct you there.

She is located by the moat (Cannot remember her name) Find Montri Hotel opposite main Thae Pae Gate, Black Canyon Coffe on the opposite Corner. Walk South passing Top North Hotel continue on until the sidewalk recesses by a coffee & cake shop on 30 feet she is on the right there if you find the Corner Restaurant you have gone too far. Price 120 baht around $4.00 & for us she is good been going there for 10 years.. Probably called Hair & Beauty I am not sure only a small salon.

Is she still there? I'm in desperate need of a hair cut right now

Hi Mike,

Is she still there? I'm in desperate need of a hair cut right now

I know there was a hairdresser shop that seems like the same location. The locale was up for sale a few months ago. I'm pretty sure it's gone.

I am a female but have been to New York New York hair salon in nimmanhemin twice and have had a great experience. My first cut was with Vera (the owner) and it was 500 baht, my second cut was with a different girl and it was 450 baht. Totally worth the price especially considering it includes a 15 minute head massage. May be less since you probably have short hair!

no same price i checked a few days ago,the girls there certinally look the business with there dyed blonde hair,and very pretty,put me off though she moaned about my parking outside her shop,and my god was she snooty.

Depends on how old you are and the type of haircut you're looking for.

I would suggest "The Cutler" If you're in the 20-30 age range.

They take 1 hour too cut u up. Massage you. Facial. etc. Real great barber. Ask for "X" he's the owner.

It's by appointment only look them up.

https://www.facebook.com/THECUTLERBARBER/photos_stream

Edited by Phunkism