Cops who killed Akeyuth caught on CCTV: lawyer

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why doesn't Santipharb Phengduang man up and finger the four ? And provide corroborating evidence so these grubs go down big time.

Maybe he fears he'll end up like Akeyuth.

Not surprising given the ruthless way the Thaksin regime dealt with those who spoke up.

I am sure he is fearing just that. But he needs to man up and take his chances. I am sure if he provides the smoking gun he will be cut loose. And there would be people [anti Thaksin ] around, including the military, that would be prepared to provide the security he needs in return.

This article did not make clear whether the hard disk was ever witnessed by anyone and/or used as evidence in the first trial.

Or if its just the figment of the defense attorney's imagination-- the disappearance of a hard disc no one has ever seen.

Every CCTV system I've bought in Thailand came with its own PC recording unit and disk drives. Wouldn't buy one any other way.

And having the police out a couple times to sort some problems, I can tell you they're well aware of how CCTV systems work.

A missing hard drive with CCTV? People keeping silent? Driving for 10 hours in the wrong lane? What happened to harder crime scene evidence - it is impossible for any-one to walk into a room and leave some evidence of their own DNA behind and that is fact. Perhaps its time to re-visit the DNA trail,

The only time you hear the name Chalerm post coup is when Akeyuth's names is involved. This is the third time since the 22nd of May there has been an article on Akeyuth while Chalerm is still in custody by the Junta.

Of course there is more holes in this case than swiss cheese. The policeman that oversaw the Akeyuth case was also acquitted of the disappearance of Somchai Neelapaijit in 2004 under thaksin. Chalerm addressed the media and told them the quint story of robbery by the driver before there was even any evidence to suggest it. The list goes on longer than a Shinawatra charge sheet, but they got the desired result. No new evidence to report the case and Akeyuth can not name names in the Four Seasons meeting and is silenced on the yingluck "Maldives holiday" at tax payers expense.

It was not the first critic of the Shinawatra's that was silenced, but thanks to the junta hopefully it will be the last.

Where are you Chalerm?

According to Amnesty International there are 18, yes eighteen cases, of Thaksin's political opponents being assassinated or having disappeared.

It's a measure of Thaksin's bell-ringing arrogance that he didn't even care that some of the victims were high profile people with the media spotlight on them for exactly the reason that they would be assassinated for crossing Thaksin. I'm thinking here about shipping moo, everybody was watching what would happen when he testified against Thaksin. But, of course he was murdered before he had the chance. What a massive surprise.

• Like 2

Why doesn't Santipharb Phengduang man up and finger the four ? And provide corroborating evidence so these grubs go down big time.

Maybe he fears he'll end up like Akeyuth.

Not surprising given the ruthless way the Thaksin regime dealt with those who spoke up.

I am sure he is fearing just that. But he needs to man up and take his chances. I am sure if he provides the smoking gun he will be cut loose. And there would be people [anti Thaksin ] around, including the military, that would be prepared to provide the security he needs in return.

Turning 'state's evidence' is a life long commitment for all involved. Maybe witness protection is another issue Prayuth can take a look at, as it would be great to encourage more whistle-blowers.

• Like 2

This article did not make clear whether the hard disk was ever witnessed by anyone and/or used as evidence in the first trial.

Or if its just the figment of the defense attorney's imagination-- the disappearance of a hard disc no one has ever seen.

Every CCTV system I've bought in Thailand came with its own PC recording unit and disk drives. Wouldn't buy one any other way.

And having the police out a couple times to sort some problems, I can tell you they're well aware of how CCTV systems work.

I appreciate the insight. So this hard disc and its contents were presented as evidence in the original trial then?

This case needs to be sorted out and the real perpetrators caught, tried fairly, and punished. That said, this Akeyuth is a real anal sphincter of the highest order and shouldn't be made into some sort of martyr in the unending quest to destroy the Shin clan. He made his wealth from a pyramid scheme that collapsed (as they do) and so would have hurt many people (those at the base of the pyramid). He evaded justice for 20 years, and after the statute of limitations had passed, returned to Thailand to engage in a hyper-ironic campaign against Thaksin and kin (black pots and kettles all 'round). He even went so far as to suggest northern Thai women are fit to be nothing but prostitutes. A lovely character indeed...

• Like 1

This case needs to be sorted out and the real perpetrators caught, tried fairly, and punished. That said, this Akeyuth is a real anal sphincter of the highest order and shouldn't be made into some sort of martyr in the unending quest to destroy the Shin clan. He made his wealth from a pyramid scheme that collapsed (as they do) and so would have hurt many people (those at the base of the pyramid). He evaded justice for 20 years, and after the statute of limitations had passed, returned to Thailand to engage in a hyper-ironic campaign against Thaksin and kin (black pots and kettles all 'round). He even went so far as to suggest northern Thai women are fit to be nothing but prostitutes. A lovely character indeed...

This is true. But murder is murder, whoever you murder. And when (it is alleged) the police are involved then that makes the concept of law and order null and void. This includes Thaksin who should have been indicted for the atrocities he perpertrated: 2500+ so called drug dealers murdered in a spree of extra-judicial killings (except some of these people were not dealers and some may have been personal or political opponents). I think Akeyuth is no different from many people here who make money on the backs of hardworking folk in this lawless land.

• Like 1

Doesn't anyone in Thailand make a back up copy? Only one disc??

In Australia if discs are evidence then there are at least 3 copies, the defence has a copy, the person in charge of the investigation and the master is filed and kept in a lock safe and must be signed in and out. Additional copies if required can only be made from the master copy and any movement of this copy, a statement of continuity is required.

Hats off to the Army. Karma has arrived. The long term effects of cleaning the sewer will benefit Thailand long term. Now, if the Army can upgrade the schools quality of education and if the schools will teach children what is the morally right things to do, the culture of corruption and scams will change in one generation.

• Like 2

I appreciate the insight. So this hard disc and its contents were presented as evidence in the original trial then?

No it was never found and that makes this whole issue a case of rumor mongering. Unless the MP was at the scene of the crime at the time of the crime he can't know what was caught on the CCTV system. There was no reason for TS to get rid of him, this guy made many enemies with his scams and his death will be related to this. Yes maybe the police was involved, but that doesn't mean the previous government was involved.

• Like 1