New online registration..

I went to get a 60 day extension in the Suratthani office today. The ladies were as helpful as they always are there. Main hurdle today though was the new online registration system that has been put in place, maybe some already know but it is new to me.

You now need to create an account on the Thai Imm website and before each extension you need to go into that account to basically pre load tge system with your request.

Then when you arrive at the office, they already should have you on file as needing an extension or whatever..!!

Plus you will also need to fill out their GPS coordinates form of where you live...

Seems like the whole system is getting modernised and big brother is watching you :)

Just a heads up... As always it might vary in different offices..?

• Like 1

Sounds like they are just getting your to enter info into their system versus the immigration personnel...or said another way, offload some of the admin/form entry work from them...probably reduces typos/handwriting reading errors/etc. Whether your enter it or they enter it, it's still in their Big Brother immigration computer system. GPS coordinates sounds like a good thing to help them find your residence since Thai addresses (i.e., soi name, moobaan name, house number, etc) can be really inconsistent for an area and Thai maps are not that good.

Cool.

I'm sure it's all very secure. They're computers certainly aren't going to be:

User: admin

Password: admin

And I'm sure they aren't using pirated software.

Anyway, would be great if everything immigration did went online. :)

Make of it what you will...

However, it seems that if you don't have an account and don't fill out the extension details online in advance, you will either need to do it in the office (Ipad or phone) or go away and do it before you can get processed.

Like I said, just a warning for those about to go for any extensions..

I know people that would have major problems with this, not everyone over 65 is computer literate and I mean people that don't know what the internet is or what a computer is.....seriously This one guy I know doesn't know how to send a text message from his phone - doesn't know what a text message is and I'm sure there plenty more like him........GPS lol and just how is the average pensioner going to find that out

and before anyone makes a comment - remember everyone on TVF has some basic understanding of the Internet otherwise you wouldn't be here, there are many that don't and never will

• Like 1

Ok, here are a couple of links...

1st is the Thai Imm site in English but the option you need doesn't seem to be on this page.

2nd is a direct link to the registration page, maybe some Thai translation might be needed.

Once the form is complete, they will email you a user name and password.

http://www.immigration.go.th

http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/FilterNoLogonServlet?nodeId=24&programId=FNHOTELREG

Good luck

Quite possibly... Wouldn't surprise me if they use an existing form rather than create a proper one :)

Anyway, this was just yesterday in Suratthani office. Possibly not been introduced in all regions yet, maybe soon?

The girls in the office actually say it is creating more work as they have to explain how to fill out the online form to everyone :)

They were working n it for sometime at Bankok immirgaiton and in the past even provided a link to the online registration form on there website. The link was only partially working and has now been removed.

The link provided in this thread is a different one and as said appers to be for online registration of hotel guests, not for making online appointments and doesn't look like the form BKK-immirgaiton was experimenting with.