Ferry Pattaya-samui

biggle

anyone tried the ferry from pattaya to samui ? been to the office at bal hai pier , but never anyone there . also tried the websites www.siritara.com and www.oceanqueen.co.th . one is all in thai and the other doesnt work.

I have used it in the past, hopefully the service has improved.

There was plenty of room for improvement for sure!

Assume? you wont to take a car, be prepared to cue! & queue

Edited by CGW

:o I didn't even know it existed! Anyone got anymore info. Fares, days of crossings, time it takes etc?

Thanks in advance

Leisurely :D

I googled and have only found a german info in this Link:

http://www.goasia.de/home/SCREEN/01_f.html

If you can't read german, here is the phone nr for ticket office 0066-38-26511346-50.

Please, I've never seen or heard from this but this side write it existed.

:o I didn't even know it existed! Anyone got anymore info. Fares, days of crossings, time it takes etc?

Thanks in advance

Leisurely :D

I googled and have only found a german info in this Link:

http://www.goasia.de/home/SCREEN/01_f.html

If you can't read german, here is the phone nr for ticket office 0066-38-26511346-50.

Please, I've never seen or heard from this but this side write it existed.

...and also have found here:

http://www.pattayablatt.com/202/Feuilleton.shtml

Sirithara Ocean Queen

post-28552-1150952254_thumb.jpg

From what I can decipher/translate.

The ferry does a 24 hour trip from Pattaya-Koh Samui-Koh Pangnan-Pattaya. The ferry can hold up to 400 passengers.

Cheapest economy tickets go for around 1,750 baht. The highest tickets are for the "Ocean Suite" at 7,500 baht, per person.

From the company's site, it mentions something about 16:30 and 07:30 timings, but I can't read Thai.

Wouldn't make sense for a 16:30 departure/07:30 arrival or visa-versa, if it is supposed to be a 24 hour round trip, or they would have to have 2 ships, which isn't mentioned.

The company's office is apparently located in Bangkok, around soi Sukhumvit 13. Tickets can be purchased from their office at the Bali Hai pier.

I was getting excited until the 1750 Baht for a 24 hour journey bit ! :D

Sounds like my idea of a nightmare trip - think I'll stick to U-Tapao for the time being.

Mind you .... would probably be ok if you go for the Ocean Suite - perhaps take a "friend" from Pattaya :o

Looks like a new thing, the article is from April this year. Anyone tried it?

The article doesn't say much but explains the trip is a round-trip Pattaya (Bali Hai) – Koh Samui - Koh Pangnan and back.

The Siritara Ocean Queen is 122 mtr long and 16 mtr wide, holds 400 passengers, has 8 floors, restaurants and entertainment areas. There is a VIP lounge and one for economy-passengers.

It has 131 cabins holding 375 passengers (the usual inaccurate reporting in Thailand)

Prices start at 1.750 Baht (economy) up to 7.500 Baht per person in an "Ocean Suite".

More information can be had from the office of Sirithara Ocean Queen, directly from the ticket sales at Bali Hei pier or by calling 0-26511346-50.

If this is truly cruise-style I think the price is very cheap, but I suspect it'll be more like the usual boat trips off the Bali Hai pier, and for that the prices seem very high to me.

Would be interesting to hear the experience of anyone taking the trip!

Edited by madsere

• 3 months later...

Don't know about Pat-Samui but I did a horrible one 4 months ago Samui-Pat on one of those catamaran speedboats. It's actually a combined boat-bus trip that takes you from Samui harbour to Hua Hin by boat and then you hop on the bus for the remainder to Pattaya. The bus trip was uneventful and real boring, with a shitter the size of it fit for a Thai boy aged 5!

The boat trip was bad bad bad, stormy all the way (8 hours) with 1.5 meter waves. Had never been so seasick in my life before..

Can't recall the name of the company but the lady in Samui told me they have a booking office at Bali Hai pier.

Not to recommed, go Bangkok Airways Samui- U Tapao instead, a much wiser choice unless you like being seasick for 8 hours!