Should there be an "American section" to ThaiVisa?

CharlesHH

Again, if anyone actually believes there is going to be a segregated forum for Americans on the general forum here, I've got a bridge to sell you. Brooklyn, London, or any bridge you fancy really. So carry on with the predictable boring Yank bashing -- sarcastic, ironic, and sincere.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You will not get yank bashing from this English guy unless a yank bashes me for being English........smile.png

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Again, if anyone actually believes there is going to be a segregated forum for Americans on the general forum here, I've got a bridge to sell you. Brooklyn, London, or any bridge you fancy really. So carry on with the predictable boring Yank bashing -- sarcastic, ironic, and sincere.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

JT why dont you organise a poll?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would prefer Americans to stop the disgusting practice of "verbing" (another disgusting example) but I understand Americans are planning to abolish Capital Letters also.

I would prefer Americans to stop the disgusting practice of "verbing" (another disgusting example) but I understand Americans are planning to abolish Capital Letters also.

And you are from........?............Where............smile.png

"Seas are smaller than oceans and are usually located where the land and ocean meet. Typically, seas are partially enclosed by land".

All water on the surface of the earth is partially enclosed by land if you travel far enough wink.png

In fairness Americans don't have a sea they have the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico but I'm sure someone will put me straight.

Neither does Africa for the most part, Atlantic ocean one side, Indian ocean the other Edited by Soutpeel

In fairness Americans don't have a sea they have the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico but I'm sure someone will put me straight.

Neither does Africa for the most part, Atlantic ocean one side, Indian ocean the other

"Seas are smaller than oceans and are usually located where the land and ocean meet. Typically, seas are partially enclosed by land".

Apparently.

So what's a gulf then...ocean or sea ?

a gulf is part of an ocean and/or sea

Apparently.

So what's a gulf then...ocean or sea ?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just make sure you weigh the girl first and ensure she doesn't sweat too much wink.png

• Like 1

As an American I say no. Look at it as an opportunity to learn some British English. 90% of the new phrases I see can be figured out by context. The remaining ten percent, well... why not ask? Afraid you'll get smarter?

• Like 1

Bering Sea, Beaufort sea, Salish Sea

I forgot about Alaska and the Sargasso sea is in the Gulf of Mexico

A Gulf is a body of water partially surrounded by land.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Bering Sea, Beaufort sea, Salish Sea

Bad turn of phrase, I would say that there country borders the Atlantic, Pacific, and Gulf of Mexico. Lets not put any more ideas into there heads.whistling.gif

Judging by the sheer popularity of this thread alone, I dare say that if there were an American dedicated section, most non American TV members would read it religiously every day. As getting the warm and comfortable feeling of "Knickers in a Bunch" is too much for some to resist...........coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Judging by the sheer popularity of this thread alone, I dare say that if there were an American dedicated section, most non American TV members would read it religiously every day. As getting the warm and comfortable feeling of "Knickers in a Bunch" is too much for some to resist...........coffee1.gif

Unlikely, most people from intellectually developed nations would give it a miss.

It would be like The World Series, as no one gives a toss.

• Like 2

CharlieH ... I read something very quickly first.

I read your comment as ...

"Seas are smaller than oceans and are usually located where the land gets wet" ... w00t.gif