First execution carried out in US since botched lethal injection

webfact

All of you Americans on TV should be ashamed of your country. Execution of murderers is something that went out 30 years ago in civilized countries . Add to that your gun carrying fixation from the days of the Wild West and one starts to understand why when you criticize how the rest of the world should behave, no one listens.

Just as no one listens to you.

BTW would you go get your *brother and take him home please. We are sick and tired of the pompous arrogant blow hard.

*Piers Morgan

• Like 2

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of you Americans on TV should be ashamed of your country. Execution of murderers is something that went out 30 years ago in civilized countries . Add to that your gun carrying fixation from the days of the Wild West and one starts to understand why when you criticize how the rest of the world should behave, no one listens.

Just as no one listens to you.

BTW would you go get your *brother and take him home please. We are sick and tired of the pompous arrogant blow hard.

*Piers Morgan

Florida man put to death in 3rd execution in 24 hours in U.S.
By Ralph Ellis, CNN
June 19, 2014 -- Updated 0050 GMT (0850 HKT)
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • John Ruthell Henry, 63, was executed Wednesday in Florida
  • He fatally stabbed his wife and her 5-year-old son in 1985
  • Two other men -- in Georgia and Missouri -- also were executed by lethal injection

(CNN) -- A double murderer was executed in Florida Wednesday night, becoming the third man put to death in an American prison during a 24-hour period. All three died by lethal injection.

John Ruthell Henry, 63, was declared dead at 7:43 p.m. ET at the Florida State Prison in Starke, according to CNN affiliate WFLA, which had a media witness inside the prison. Henry fatally stabbed his wife and her 5-year-old son from a previous marriage in December 1985.

In Georgia, Marcus A. Wellons, 59, was declared dead at 11:56 p.m. ET Tuesday. Wellons was convicted in 1993 of raping and killing India Roberts, 15, in Cobb County, just outside Atlanta.

In Missouri, John Winfield was declared dead at 12:01 a.m. CT Wednesday, the state Department of Public Safety said.

In 1996 he killed two women who were friends of his ex-girlfriend, whom he also shot, leaving her blind, reported CNN affiliate KOLR.

Those three executions were the first in the United States since the botched execution of an Oklahoma man in April. The Oklahoma execution raised questions about how prisons use drugs in lethal injections.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/18/justice/florida-execution/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

As the OP its very illuminating and interesting read the very divergent and often strong views expressed in response to my comments. Its good that all the views, whether in support or against can be aired.
My view hasn't changed regarding capital punishment in our modern world but some of your comments certainly got me thinking. Thanks to all for your input to a very very lively debate.

The Death Penalty has existed long before 2500 BC, and continues to exist in countries that take crime seriously. There are some people who commit crimes so heinous, they shouldn't be allowed to continue breathing oxygen on this planet.

As far as "your gun fixation from the days of the wild west." Being allowed to possess a firearm has nothing to do with being fixated with guns or the wild west. I wonder what the world would look like if America didn't exist. It wouldn't take much intellect to figure that one out. You can take all that America bashing on down the road, lol.

What a great thought.

No more McDonalds or Coke to make us obese.

No more insincere "have a nice day".

No more death and destruction in pointless wars in Vietnam,the Middle East and elsewhere

No more Hiroshima or Nagasaki just hours before the Japanese were going to surrender anyway.

No more mass murders of innocent men,women and children perpetrated by killers with easy access to military style combat weapons.

No more arrogance on the grand scale demonstrated by this poster.Need I go on?

I'm sure we'll cope OK.

Have a nice day.

The Death Penalty has existed long before 2500 BC, and continues to exist in countries that take crime seriously. There are some people who commit crimes so heinous, they shouldn't be allowed to continue breathing oxygen on this planet.

As far as "your gun fixation from the days of the wild west." Being allowed to possess a firearm has nothing to do with being fixated with guns or the wild west. I wonder what the world would look like if America didn't exist. It wouldn't take much intellect to figure that one out. You can take all that America bashing on down the road, lol.

What a great thought.

No more McDonalds or Coke to make us obese.

No more insincere "have a nice day".

No more death and destruction in pointless wars in Vietnam,the Middle East and elsewhere

No more Hiroshima or Nagasaki just hours before the Japanese were going to surrender anyway.

No more mass murders of innocent men,women and children perpetrated by killers with easy access to military style combat weapons.

No more arrogance on the grand scale demonstrated by this poster.Need I go on?

I'm sure we'll cope OK.

Have a nice day.

Lol, I doubt if Europe would look the same. Can you say "Heil Hitler?" Korea would probably be united under Kim Jong-Un. That would be a sobering thought. Australia and New Zealand's official language would be Japanese. On the bright side you probably wouldn't have to worry about being obese anymore, and I suspect freedom would be a distant memory. You have a nice day too, I guess, lol.

Good post. Actually there's another possible scenario after 70 years have passed.

Russia would have control of all of Europe, and Australia, NZ, and all Asian countries would be speaking Chinese. Either China or Russia would have grabbed the vacant known now as the USA, and annexed Canada and Mexico.

Russia and China would be enemies, fighting over oil in the Middle East.

• Like 1

Lol, I doubt if Europe would look the same. Can you say "Heil Hitler?" Korea would probably be united under Kim Jong-Un. That would be a sobering thought. Australia and New Zealand's official language would be Japanese. On the bright side you probably wouldn't have to worry about being obese anymore, and I suspect freedom would be a distant memory. You have a nice day too, I guess, lol.

Good post. Actually there's another possible scenario after 70 years have passed.

Russia would have control of all of Europe, and Australia, NZ, and all Asian countries would be speaking Chinese. Either China or Russia would have grabbed the vacant known now as the USA, and annexed Canada and Mexico.

Russia and China would be enemies, fighting over oil in the Middle East.

Whaaaat???? "We" would have lost anyway, even if the US had not joined in??? Na, never!

(Please! Do not take that seriously and answer with figures of tanks and planes and all!)