Best Fertilizer For Rice.

Hi all.

I am interested in getting into fertilizer production, or even import and packaging for retail.

I want to try and introduce a more cost effective fertilizer for the rice industry.

I have done a bit of research, but not found much pertaining to Thai rice production or what is best for typical Thai soil compositions. Seems like a lot of mixed and conflicting info out there.

So thought I would float this on here, as it seems that quite a few farang are into crop farming.... what do you or the typical Thai farmer use?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Retail size packaging ?? Why? facepalm.gif Retail bags available for home gardeners with vegetables or general... but that is all available surely? 1 kg bags about 30 baht.

Seems to me the rice farmers would need larger bags they get from the fertilizer producing plant.... How many rice farms are there that would use small amount?

The blend will vary at stage of crop...

Here my rice growing friends in Songkhla, are mixing 46-0 -0 with 16-20-0 takes a few minutes to blend themselves... this is at the early end of growing.... a few weeks after sowing the seed...

That may vary a bit in different regions depending on soil....

I really can't see why the would add to their costs of having a premixed fertilizer.... I think you should think up a more viable business plan and do a lot more research! wink.png

08-IMG_8195.JPG

11-IMG_8212.JPG

Of course you get conflicting search results as rice farming down in Ayutthaya is very different from up here in Isaan. There is no typical soil composition. Persuading farmers to plant bean crops to reduce fertiliserneeds is very difficult but this again would change fertiliser requirements.

I very much doubt that you would be able to compete with the big producers, farmers will be using the same manufacturer and outlets every year anyway. It does sound as if you haven't lived in a rice growing community, you really should.

• Like 1