What to do with noisy neighbors

johnthompson

I have recently moved to a new apartment because my old apartment was also incredibly noisy.

Well it was all good for 2 months but then 1.5 month ago a family moved in next door and they have a kid that cries and screams every single day. I have complained to the owner and the mother and they just say sorry but nothing changes.

I just can't take it anymore. At this moment its extremely difficult to restrain myself. What is the proper way to deal with these sort of things? Can I call the police? Last time I just moved to a new place and I lost my deposit. This time I gave the owner a massive amount of cash for the deposit. I hate to lose it

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was loud music or some other voluntary noise, fair enough, but this is a crying child, for Goodness sake. Such is life. What do you really expect the mother to do? Gag the kid? By complaining to the mother you have just put more pressure on her when she has enough on her hands already.

Children cry for a reason. If it is constant, and screaming, then my heart goes out to it. It's unhappy and probably sick.

Learn to tolerate it, with the help of earplugs maybe, but get over it.

Go for a jog, come home tired, have a few whiskeys, put the earplugs in, and go to sleep.....praying the poor child gets well.

Exactly !

Mr Seastallion, most out of character, but well said, people might think you have a heart after that.

So you have moved into an apartment and there is a child crying next door DURING THE DAY. Nothing illegal about that mate!! It's called life!!! I assume your young and childless and lacking life experience. If you can't handle it I suggest a taxi to Swampy and a one way flight home....

I disagree. They are the one that wanted kids not me. I think its extremely selfish to think she wants me to carry the burden of her child too. She should have thought of that before moving in or better yet before having kids

And I have this theory about the father since I rarely see him. My guess is that he dumped this brat next door since he doesn't want deal with him either. He just pops by once in a while. This kid is such a difficult kid to raise. He starts crying at 6-7 in the morning every single day (except weekends) and in the most ridiculous way too. I am still sleeping at 6-7. Its not fair to let me deal with this kid while the father is comfortably somewhere else.

I disagree. They are the one that wanted kids not me. I think its extremely selfish to think she wants me to carry the burden of her child too. She should have thought of that before moving in or better yet before having kids

And I have this theory about the father since I rarely see him. My guess is that he dumped this brat next door since he doesn't want deal with him either. He just pops by once in a while. This kid is such a difficult kid to raise. He starts crying at 6-7 in the morning every single day (except weekends) and in the most ridiculous way too. I am still sleeping at 6-7. Its not fair to let me deal with this kid while the father is comfortably somewhere else.

I tend to agree with you. Always amazes me how people with kids think everyone else should just tolerate misbehaving little b@stards, just because they are kids.

The problem is with the mother, not the child, she needs to be more considerate to her neighbours.

• Like 1

It is time to bend over and just keep taking it, Thai style.

Don't ya mean, 'Greek style' ?

You should try it sometime.......

Never know, may be you like it.......even in your old age.

But, please, don't start running to me after................I won't oblige.

It is time to bend over and just keep taking it, Thai style.

Don't ya mean, 'Greek style' ?

You should try it sometime.......

Never know, may be you like it.......even in your old age.

But, please, don't start running to me after................I won't oblige.

Moved to gay forum !

Oh yeah and I'm not old either.

Edited by neverdie
  • Like 2

I don't think it's a good idea to give the kid valium.

Your right try diazepan, but on himself...thatll definitely fix the problem.

Earplugs might be best, I have some noise cancelling headphones which are great but it will be uncomfortable after a while.